CSU-CVM-Applications C/O 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My VMCAS application and LOR's updated to "Received" but my GRE still says "Awaiting." Did your GRE status update?
My GRE status updated the first go around which was 9/21. Only my LOR's and VMCAS updated. I would definitely email them about that. Did you make sure to send your GRE scores to VMCAS and CSU? They required both for some reason.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
My GRE status updated the first go around which was 9/21. Only my LOR's and VMCAS updated. I would definitely email them about that. Did you make sure to send your GRE scores to VMCAS and CSU? They required both for some reason.
I sent the scores to VMCAS on September 1st but didn't realize they needed them sent to CSU as well until October 1st. It's been a month since I sent the CSU scores so I definitely need to get in contact with ETS and CSU to see what's going on. Of course I'm working from 7:30 AM to 6:00 PM tomorrow and we are having police dog handling training during lunch so I will have to email tonight and hope they respond tomorrow :(

I sent the scores to VMCAS on September 1st but didn't realize they needed them sent to CSU as well until October 1st. It's been a month since I sent the CSU scores so I definitely need to get in contact with ETS and CSU to see what's going on. Of course I'm working from 7:30 AM to 6:00 PM tomorrow and we are having police dog handling training during lunch so I will have to email tonight and hope they respond tomorrow :(

When I emailed admissions last time they got back to be within 24 hours so I think you'll be good! They're super efficient and helpful!

Members don't see this ad :)
Goodluck!:luck::luck::luck: I'm rooting for you, hopefully it just got mixed up and doesn't detriment your app!

When I emailed admissions last time they got back to be within 24 hours so I think you'll be good! They're super efficient and helpful!
They were really helpful when I emailed them before but it's always scary having something like this happen at the last minute :nailbiting:

Goodluck!:luck::luck::luck: I'm rooting for you, hopefully it just got mixed up and doesn't detriment your app!

Thanks! I'm hoping it's something simple with their system since there have been issues this cycle.

Reactions: 1 users
Got the email too! Good luck to everyone and fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I got the email as well. But how do you check if all of your materials are in? I went to login and it says the cycle is closed. Is that because they started reviews? If I got the email, does that mean all my paperwork was received?

I got the email as well. But how do you check if all of your materials are in? I went to login and it says the cycle is closed. Is that because they started reviews? If I got the email, does that mean all my paperwork was received?

So you have to check on your CSA. The csa link under the vmcas link on csu doesn't work. You have to scroll down the page and use that link. I would assume this email means everything is good to go.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using SDN mobile

Last edited:
So you have to check on your CSA. The csa link under the vmcas link on csu doesn't work. You have to scroll down the page and use that link. I would assume this email means everything is good to go.

Oh! Idk why I didn’t think of checking CSA. Thanks so much!

My GRE scores updated to received yesterday so that's a huge relief! Now we just have the long wait until late December :nailbiting:

Reactions: 2 users
who else also applied to the combined UAF/CSU program? :D

Guys! In less than a month we should know about interviews! (Sorry, super bored and found out about interviews for my first school so now I just want to know about all of them :rolleyes:)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Guys! In less than a month we should know about interviews! (Sorry, super bored and found out about interviews for my first school so now I just want to know about all of them :rolleyes:)
At least you've heard back from someone! haha

I am on the waitlist for an interview with Midwestern but I haven't heard back about interviews from Colorado, Western, Kansas, or Minnesota. And I won't hear back from Iowa or Oklahoma until they make their final decisions since they aren't doing OOS interviews. I'm dying :help:

I am on the waitlist for an interview with Midwestern but I haven't heard back about interviews from Colorado, Western, Kansas, or Minnesota. And I won't hear back from Iowa or Oklahoma until they make their final decisions since they aren't doing OOS interviews. I'm dying :help:
I was pretty calm with the waiting. Then I got the Missouri interview email and I got a little more excited than expected :D. It was actually kind of exhilarating so now I just want to know about all of them lol. I understand the Iowa feel though. Maybe people will hurry and get their transcripts in so maybe they can make a decision sooner than later. Well maybe you'll hear from KS soonish???

I'm dying too, man. I just want to know. I want to Rip van winkle myself and fall asleep till January and wake up to all the responses at once.

Reactions: 5 users
I was pretty calm with the waiting. Then I got the Missouri interview email and I got a little more excited than expected :D. It was actually kind of exhilarating so now I just want to know about all of them lol. I understand the Iowa feel though. Maybe people will hurry and get their transcripts in so maybe they can make a decision sooner than later. Well maybe you'll hear from KS soonish???
I interviewed at Kansas least year and heard back from them in early December so I'm hoping it'll be the same this year.

Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile

Did anyone else have a heart attack when they saw the email CSU just sent us? Haha but I’m glad they told us an exact date that they’ll let us know about interviews, way better than trying to guess the day!

Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone else have a heart attack when they saw the email CSU just sent us? Haha but I’m glad they told us an exact date that they’ll let us know about interviews, way better than trying to guess the day!
So much unnecessary stress I just endured

I did not receive anything... Are you IS?

I’ve received the same email but I already have interview at another vet school on those days.

I'm IS, but I know a person on facebook got it as OSS. Maybe make sure your contact info is up to date on your portal?

Nope, definitely nothing. What's the date they gave you?
I never got an email telling me my application was under review. They did receive everything though.

Last edited:
Nope, definitely nothing. What's the date they gave you?
I never got an email telling me my application was under review. They did receive everything though.
That's odd. Here's the email.
Thank you for your interest in our veterinary program. We will be releasing decisions in mid-December and wanted to let applicants know of our timeline. At end-of-day on DEC 15, Mountain Time, candidates will receive either an “Invite-to-Interview” decision or a “Deny” decision via email - this information will be additionally available on your Applicant Status page.

If you receive an “Invite-to-Interview”, it will be critical that you register as soon as possible. Due to the holiday there will be a short window of time for registration, only 5 days, from DEC 15-20. Interviews will be held JAN 13-14, 2018.

Please watch your email at end-of-day on DEC 15, Mountain Time.

Best Regards,
CVMBS Admissions Team

That's odd. Here's the email.
Thank you for your interest in our veterinary program. We will be releasing decisions in mid-December and wanted to let applicants know of our timeline. At end-of-day on DEC 15, Mountain Time, candidates will receive either an “Invite-to-Interview” decision or a “Deny” decision via email - this information will be additionally available on your Application Status page.

If you receive an “Invite-to-Interview”, it will be critical that you register as soon as possible. Due to the holiday there will be a short window of time for registration, only 5 days, from DEC 15-20. Interviews will be held JAN 13-14, 2018.

Please watch your email at end-of-day on DEC 15, Mountain Time.

Best Regards,
CVMBS Admissions Team

Thanks for sharing it!
I guess I'll contact them shortly to check on it. I'm OOS/international student, so that may be why...

@antsy125 check your promotions/junk folder too! All my CSU CVM stuff has been falling into my promotion folder in my gmail account.

Thanks for sharing it!
I guess I'll contact them shortly to check on it. I'm OOS/international student, so that may be why...
I'm OOS but in the US and received the email so I'd definitely get in touch with them. They are very nice and helpful though so they should get you sorted.

For those of you who interviewed last year: Is it a whole day thing like most schools? Part of a day? Would I be able to schedule my interview for the afternoon and just drive there in the am? I only live a few hours from the school so I'm hoping I can just drive there and back in the same day, and not have to stay overnight there, but I also don't want to have to be up at like 4am for an 8am interview.

I’ve received the same email but I already have interview at another vet school on those days.
If you get an interview, you gotta choose which to go to if you get offers at multiple places on the same days. Most places don't offer other dates just because you have another interview on that day. Sucks, but it shows which schools you're more serious about.

Hi! I interviewed (and was accepted) last year, and you can take the whole day (if you do all the tours) but you're only required to be there for the MMI part. :)
It's all about what you want out of the experience, there's no difference to the school, that I know of, if you don't do the tours.

For those of you who interviewed last year: Is it a whole day thing like most schools? Part of a day? Would I be able to schedule my interview for the afternoon and just drive there in the am? I only live a few hours from the school so I'm hoping I can just drive there and back in the same day, and not have to stay overnight there, but I also don't want to have to be up at like 4am for an 8am interview.
Its not the whole day. But you didn't get to choose a time, only which day you wanted. I had another interview offer for the same weekend, (on the other side of the country) that I had to turn down.

Does anyone know if this includes those that applied for DVM/PhD?

Does anyone know if this includes those that applied for DVM/PhD?
To pursue admission to this program, you must:

1. Complete an application using the Veterinary Medical College Application Service (VMCAS)

2. Complete the DVM/PhD section of the Colorado Supplemental Application (CSA). Learn more about the CSA and other admissions requirements on the DVM Applications and Procedureswebpage.

3. Please submit three letters of reference, at least one from a research mentor who can address your commitment to and abilities in research. Letters should describe your qualifications and aptitude for the CSU Combined DVM/PhD Program. It is important the letters be submitted separately from the VMCAS Application. Please email these letters to the Program Administrative Coordinator at[email protected]

4. Submit your CV/resume via email to the Program Administrative Coordinator at[email protected].
    From CSU website. So interviews also include DVM/PhD candidates.

Is there a interview waitlist? I’m asking because the last email said that we either get an invite-to-interview or deny decision.

Is there a interview waitlist? I’m asking because the last email said that we either get an invite-to-interview or deny decision.
I haven't ever heard of CSU having an interview wait list considering they only interview the one weekend. This is only the second year they've done interviews in a while but I didn't hear of one last year so I'm pretty sure they don't.

I haven't ever heard of CSU having an interview wait list considering they only interview the one weekend. This is only the second year they've done interviews in a while but I didn't hear of one last year so I'm pretty sure they don't.
What about the people who may have already accepted an interview somewhere else? They would have to refuse, allowing interview spots to be open.
Oh well, we’ll see next Friday...

What about the people who may have already accepted an interview somewhere else? They would have to refuse, allowing interview spots to be open.
Oh well, we’ll see next Friday...
Yeah I'm not sure. I know they said approximately 200 people interviewed last year but we have to answer to invites quickly so at least I would think anyone invited after would know fairly quickly if they do it that way.

This is gonna be a long 24ish hours.

Sent from my [device_name] using SDN mobile

Reactions: 8 users

Totally agree. My husband has his graduation tomorrow and I don't want to steal his thunder or turn into a total wreck so I'm going to try not to check. Try being the key word here...

Just saying I love your profile pic. Have you seen the reversed colored ones?
25151980_1647799528591803_9089261633335911581_n.jpg

The email they just sent scared me!

Reactions: 6 users
Can we talk about the email they just sent out :dead:. Just email me when I'm accepted or rejected!

Reactions: 7 users
They keep saying late afternoon/evening. Looking at C/O 2021 evening literally means end of day for east coast people (that was acceptances though). So not planning on being refresh crazy until 3pm mountain time. So far away...

Best of luck tomorrow everyone! I know it's hard not to stress but maybe try to spend the day focusing on some activities you find really enjoyable, relaxing, or rewarding? :luck::biglove::xf::D :luck::biglove::xf::D :luck::biglove::xf::D

Reactions: 5 users
They keep saying late afternoon/evening. Looking at C/O 2021 evening literally means end of day for east coast people (that was acceptances though). So not planning on being refresh crazy until 3pm mountain time. So far away...
Yeah, the time may be variable for when y'all'll hear back about interview invites. My guess is that the rough times they're giving you are probably for MST so late afternoon/evening for us is usually pretty late by EST standards.

Hey everyone, I just realized my GRE scores never downloaded and I only sent them to the VMCAS number, not both-- have I disqualified myself from this cycle for CSU?

Hey everyone, I just realized my GRE scores never downloaded and I only sent them to the VMCAS number, not both-- have I disqualified myself from this cycle for CSU?
Call them up and ask them, they'll be able to let you know if you're still in the running. Good luck!