CSU-CVM-Applications C/O 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if we'll be able to put our luggage somewhere during the interview? I have to check out of my hotel in the morning and my interview is in the afternoon...

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks everyone! I booked my round trip shuttle with greenride for this weekend. FYI if you wait until the last minute to book it (like me) online it will say there are no seats available but if you call their number there are usually still seats and they can book it for you.

Is everyone staying in business professional wear for the hospital tour and lunch?

I am only because i'm not sure if i'll have much time to change between the tours and my interview time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if there's snow in Fort Collins right now? Trying to plan what non-interview shoes to wear.

Does anyone know if we'll be able to put our luggage somewhere during the interview? I have to check out of my hotel in the morning and my interview is in the afternoon...
I took a bag (a backpack) and left it “common” area infront of the rooms when I interviewed. No one seemed to mind it being there.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone have any good food places they recommend or things to do in fort collins? :)

Anyone have any good food places they recommend or things to do in fort collins? :)

To echo what others have previously said, I would suggest spending some time in Old Town. It’s heard to go wrong there restaurant wise plus it’s fun to wander around.
Kilwin’s is worth swinging by. They’ve got great ice cream plus they do free fudge samples. Just my two cents ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Good luck everyone!

Yo — I called for this specifically — leave it at the overnight reception desk when you come in — 200 level it’s technically called as 100 is the basement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's getting real!! Good luck to everyone tomorrow!

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to everyone with interviews this weekend! You'll all do fabulously well and I look forward to having you as colleagues someday soon! :D

About to have mine in 45 minutes :nailbiting: I’ll let you know! The people have been really nice and I’m really impressed with the facilities. I especially like the cube concept for first years.

About to have mine in 45 minutes :nailbiting: I’ll let you know! The people have been really nice and I’m really impressed with the facilities. I especially like the cube concept for first years.

Me too! (x2) your own personalized space is nice to have when you’re in the same building all day.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

For those who interviewed today, did you wear your interview clothes/shoes on the tour? Would you recommend changing beforehand?

For those who interviewed today, did you wear your interview clothes/shoes on the tour? Would you recommend changing beforehand?
I wore mine the whole time. Maybe one or two people changed but most people stayed dressed up.

How’d the interview go? Was it stressful?

It was actually really fun. My interview was at the very end of the day after all the tours so I kinda psyched myself up but all of my interviewers were really nice. Try not to stress too much because none of the questions were something you could prepare for. It felt kind of like I was on a game show lol. Overall a very positive experience.

Reactions: 2 users
It was actually really fun. My interview was at the very end of the day after all the tours so I kinda psyched myself up but all of my interviewers were really nice. Try not to stress too much because none of the questions were something you could prepare for. It felt kind of like I was on a game show lol. Overall a very positive experience.
Most of us thought it was fun last year! Then we tried to decide if that was because we were all crazy DVM hopefuls...
glad it went well for you!

Reactions: 1 users
Yo — I called for this specifically — leave it at the overnight reception desk when you come in — 200 level it’s technically called as 100 is the basement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reception desk is closed... anyone else have any experience with having a suitcase during their interview?

The reception desk is closed... anyone else have any experience with having a suitcase during their interview?
Everyone yesterday carried stuff around. One person had a suit case. When you go to interview you'll leave your stuff in a common area while interviewing. You can always ask the girls at the check in if they'll be willing to watch your stuff

Do I need to dress up for the banquet?...or can I wear jeans haha

Did anyone happen to ask and know the exact date they should notify us of decisions?

I'm interested as well. They've said mid-Feb, but it seems as though everyone found out Feb 1 last year and interviews happened on similar dates.

I'm interested as well. They've said mid-Feb, but it seems as though everyone found out Feb 1 last year and interviews happened on similar dates.

They also told us it would be February 15th last year and then told us the 1st instead.

Good luck to everyone! Hopefully we'll hear on Feb 1st again instead of the 15th although because apples were postponed this year it might be later :/

Check your applicant status pages! Just got accepted OOS a few minutes ago! Good luck to everyone else!

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone have a link to the applicant status page? I don’t remember there being one...

Found it. Nonsponsored alternate! Which is fine because I already got into my top choice. Congrats to everyone accepted!!!

Reactions: 4 users
I've been waiting a looonnng time to post this but IS ACCEPTED!!!!! :biglove:

OOS accepted!!! I can’t believe we found out early!! Any WICHE students out there that can help me out with the process? I wanted to see which schools I might be offered a WICHE offer with but I’m worried that I’ll lose my spot in CSU for waiting! Anyone know if it’s first come first serve for accepting offers or will there always be a spot for you if you were accepted and respond before the April deadline??

Accepted IS!!!! So excited right now :soexcited:congrats everybody!

Reactions: 5 users
OOS accepted!!! I can’t believe we found out early!! Any WICHE students out there that can help me out with the process? I wanted to see which schools I might be offered a WICHE offer with but I’m worried that I’ll lose my spot in CSU for waiting! Anyone know if it’s first come first serve for accepting offers or will there always be a spot for you if you were accepted and respond before the April deadline??
Anyone they sent an acceptance to is accepted, full stop. You have until the April deadline to respond to them and they will honor that so long as you respond to them by the deadline they give you. No need to rush any decisions because you're afraid you'll lose your seat! :)

OOS accepted!!!! Ahhhhhh!

OOS ACCEPTED!!! I AM STILL IN SHOCK OMG

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted OOS! I really liked the town and the hospital.

My decision still hasn't been posted - IS. (Very) nervously awaiting news. Congratulations to everyone who was accepted so far!! :)

FYI for people confused -- applicant portal was the same place you submitted your supplemental:

Applicant Status Page

Also, it will still say invite to interview at the top -- scroll down to Status Update, and click on the "View Update" blue hyperlink (if indeed, you have an update). Otherwise, don't despair -- hang in there and best of luck! Good job everyone else accepted!

OOS ACCEPTED!!! I AM STILL IN SHOCK OMG
congrats! I got a phone call (I was a non-sponsored alternate) and for sure was crying and possibly shaking....when I called my husband at work to tell him, he thought something terrible had happened to our dog based on my tone and total inability to understand what I was saying. (Dog was unharmed, all members of household like Colorado better than Boston)

Anyone they sent an acceptance to is accepted, full stop. You have until the April deadline to respond to them and they will honor that so long as you respond to them by the deadline they give you. No need to rush any decisions because you're afraid you'll lose your seat! :)

That’s such a relief!! The acceptance letter from Western made it sound like we could lose our spot even before the April deadline but I’m so happy CSU doesn’t do that!

Congrats everyone! Cant wait to meet you all!

We do have a Facebook group going if people that accepted or plan to accept their seats.
CSU Vet Med Class of 2022
I can't figure out how to share the link but it should come up in a search if you want to join us