CSU DVM Class of 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Last year I was informed I was on the alternate list via snail mail in late February if that helps anyone. Small envelope of course :)

Members don't see this ad.

In the acceptance thread, I saw one person admitted to CSU as OOS.

They got an e-mail today.

So..... can we assume that if we're OOS and didn't get an e-mail today, we're rejected?

So..... can we assume that if we're OOS and didn't get an e-mail today, we're rejected?

They probably vary somewhat from year to year right? I would say there is a chance they will send them out later this week, but I could be wrong.

Members don't see this ad :)
Perhaps, but only one person has posted, and they just posted at that. So let's not be too hasty just yet...

Yeah...I'm getting that sinking feeling...:(

Guys, researchvet got his/her acceptance email today and posted about it not even an hour ago! It's a little crazy to be so doom and gloom so fast. Hang in there. We may end up getting rejected, but if so, there'll be plenty of time to moan about it later. For now, let's all have a little faith...

Yeah, and also...was researchvet a DVM/PhD candidate or just normal OOS? Hey researchvet!!!!! (Maybe they can hear me over in the acceptances thread! :p)

Yeah, and also...was researchvet a DVM/PhD candidate or just normal OOS? Hey researchvet!!!!! (Maybe they can hear me over in the acceptances thread! :p)

I heard you! Just a regular old DVM candidate. :D

I would say...it definitely doesn't look good, but I wouldn't give up hope yet. They could be emailing in batches, there are also alternate lists...

I was also accepted by email today as an oos regular dvm applicant.

Congrats cupolovet!! :hardy:

VAGirl, I love how positive you always are! You are so great about looking on the bright side! :):)

I hate to be the pooper, but for the rest of us, this don't look good. :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad :)
I hate to be the pooper, but for the rest of us, this don't look good. :thumbdown:

Well, ok, Catnapper. But if you're going to be the party pooper, you have to sing the party pooper song.:p

And VeganChick...thanks, I try. (Sometimes, at any rate. Admittedly sometimes I'm a big fat grouch.)

But not now! Who can be grouchy when we're about to hear the party pooper song??!
:banana:

Remember though, even if they have already sent out acceptances, waitlists still remain :).

...don't be such a par-ty poooop!
Ev-ry parrty has a pooop-er...
:p

:bow: Encore, encore!!

(Sorry, I think this is what sitting in traffic for 2.5hrs a day does to me...I just kinda go loopy. :D)

Hey, I'm playing solitaire on the computer!
:sleep:

Hang in there!

The number of OOS spots are variable and offers go out as spots open up. They never know year to year how many of those spots there are. The people accepted now are probably getting offers from multiple schools. This means that there are multiple spots waiting for their decision. As they make choices, spots become open and offers are extended.

In-State students should hear this weak (interview or no). WICHE states (contracted spots from other Western schools) have been given ranked lists and offers will get sent to their own people. Many of those students will have their choice of schools. CSU does't know until they accept or reject the offer. If they turn down the offer, another position opens and more offers go out.

So when do definitive rejections go out? And are they by email?

Also, for WICHE students like myself, the ranking hasn't even been released yet, so the schools don't even know who they can send out acceptances to yet. The ranking will be releases this week, so we should know next week. There is still hope! Buuuuutttt..... Last year the wait list moved for OOS, but not for WICHE, not one freakin spot!

Hang in there!

The number of OOS spots are variable and offers go out as spots open up. They never know year to year how many of those spots there are. The people accepted now are probably getting offers from multiple schools. This means that there are multiple spots waiting for their decision. As they make choices, spots become open and offers are extended.

In-State students should hear this weak (interview or no). WICHE states (contracted spots from other Western schools) have been given ranked lists and offers will get sent to their own people. Many of those students will have their choice of schools. CSU does't know until they accept or reject the offer. If they turn down the offer, another position opens and more offers go out.

Thanks! We appreciate the info!! :):thumbup: You rock!

Also, for WICHE students like myself, the ranking hasn't even been released yet, so the schools don't even know who they can send out acceptances to yet. The ranking will be releases this week, so we should know next week. There is still hope! Buuuuutttt..... Last year the wait list moved for OOS, but not for WICHE, not one freakin spot!

I know that they definitely took at least one alternate off the WICHE list last year (she sits next to me in class!)

There was something weird with waitlists and the like though... our class size was 138 instead of 134 (though before break we were down to 137)... something about overaccepting... they never really gave us the details... just told us they had to make some extra room for all of us :)

Don't forget: (sometimes) no news is GOOD news. At least there is still "hope" (or anxiety...)!:rolleyes:

Soxbox, that's wierd... when I had my post-mortem interivew with Dr. Stewart (well after the semester started), she told me it didn't move at all? Ah well, like you said something wierd. I was told there were 4 offers for WICHE, and I was 7 on the list (out of 15). Ouch.

Soxbox, that's wierd... when I had my post-mortem interivew with Dr. Stewart (well after the semester started), she told me it didn't move at all? Ah well, like you said something wierd. I was told there were 4 offers for WICHE, and I was 7 on the list (out of 15). Ouch.

It would depend on what WICHE state you're from. I'm guessing Soxbox's classmate is not from Nevada?

It would depend on what WICHE state you're from. I'm guessing Soxbox's classmate is not from Nevada?

nope... she's from arizona :)

how does the whole WICHE thing work anyways? do you get ranked by the WICHE accepting schools and then get your pick if more than one school wants you?

good luck to those still waiting :luck:

So now that WICHE applicants are receiving admission notifications, is it safe to assume all other Non WICHE OOS who have yet to hear anything are rejected? :(

Or am I (probably, hopefully) clueless?

So now that WICHE applicants are receiving admission notifications, is it safe to assume all other Non WICHE OOS who have yet to hear anything are rejected? :(

Or am I (probably, hopefully) clueless?

I thought WICHE and IS and OOS operated fairly separately. I don't think all hope is lost for us OOS folks yet.

Maybe FlyOnTheWall can shed some more light.

I thought WICHE and IS and OOS operated fairly separately. I don't think all hope is lost for us OOS folks yet.

Maybe FlyOnTheWall can shed some more light.

Yes they're separate (in fact each WICHE state is somewhat separate).

Not to say Clawbeatskin is clueless... but there is still hope.:luck:

..and yes Soxbox.. many WICHE students that are acceptable to CSU are also given offers by other schools and then get their choice... not sure why they would want to go elsewhere.. but some do.. yet another reason that spots may still open up.

I am new to this SDN. It is so great. I wish I had known about it when I was chewing my nails of waiting for letters ALONE.

So my question is.... there is only 94 people on the Interview list for CSU and 75 spots for in state. Do you think there are some in state people who get in without an interview? :cool:

Just curious.

so, i found out today (out of pure impatience and the growing ulcer in my belly) that NV wiche candidates will not know if they were even granted wiche for another 2 freakin weeks!!!! then we will know if we got into the wiche schools.... wtf? why the hell does it take so f-in long?!?!?!?! i know, i know, patience is a virtue.... i have run out :mad:

So my question is.... there is only 94 people on the Interview list for CSU and 75 spots for in state. Do you think there are some in state people who get in without an interview? :cool:

Just curious.

When I applied in-state two cycles ago (Class of 2010), they interviewed for 53 open in-state spots...the other 22 were already reserved for the MBA/DVM, PhD/DVM, MPH/DVM and Vet Prep students. So 94 interviews may be correct for a 2:1 interview:acceptance ratio.

I (in-state) got my rejection letter last weekend. I was expecting it, so it didn't come as a surprise (still disappointing though). This is the first chance all week I've had to log in to SDN (and yes, I think this is a great forum).

I keep forgetting that there are vet prep students who automagically get spots. Do the joint programs really count against in-state spots? Hmmm. I guess since I was vying for one of only about 47 spots, then I don't feel so bad about not making the cut.

I want to wish everyone who is still waiting or going for interviews the best of luck. Go class of 2012 (ra ra and all that jazz :D)! Maybe 13 will be my lucky number (2013, not 13 attempts at applying - ha!).

Hang in there. Congratulations to all who are accepted (I'm only the teensiest bit jealous - honest).

PS. I'm thinking we should take a poll on what unsuccessful vet school applicants have gone on to do career wise ... I need some suggestions ... :laugh:

When I applied in-state two cycles ago (Class of 2010), they interviewed for 53 open in-state spots...the other 22 were already reserved for the MBA/DVM, PhD/DVM, MPH/DVM and Vet Prep students. So 94 interviews may be correct for a 2:1 interview:acceptance ratio.

Do in-staters ever get accepted without an interview? (just reiterating the curiosity.)

Just for everybody's information, I recieved an OOS non-WHICE alternate letter (on the east coast) from Colorado State today. It was postmarked 1/15... so no need to freak out yet, we all know how slow usps can be. :)

So I am assuming since email is quick. those accepted would know by now and the rest of us are all waiting for rejection and alternate letters to come snail mail?

Am I correct?

From what I saw from the threads last year: Acceptances were emailed, then alternate letters were mailed, then rejections were mailed. All separated by a day or so...

I also got a non-Wiche OOS alternate letter today...

I wasn't expecting it at all. I was expecting outright rejection... it made me feel good, even though I've already been offered admission elsewhere.

How did your penn interview go? Have you heard back from them yet?

Hey I was wondering if any out of staters have heard yet....acceptances or rejections? (I have a friend who is still waiting to hear.) For everyone who got accepted, I'm really excited to meet you all next year, yay class of 2012.

Anyone else heard anything from CSU recently? I haven't received an email or snail mail letter with any status information (pos, neg, or neutral). Just wondering if others are still in the same boat. Maybe just slow USPS, but I was wondering.

Thanks!

Go CSU! for other OOS applicants who receive an alternate offer...I was offered a position in the DVM class of 2012, but will NOT be taking it. I will be accepting my offer into the MPH/DVM class of 2013. So that frees up one OOS spot! Best of luck!. Can't wait to meet everyone in August at orientation...:D

i'm in the same boat VAgirl...haven't heard a word from CSU yet.

I'm OOS for CSU, and have not heard a thing either.

I'm also OOS for CSU and haven't heard a peep. Of course I live in a one-horse town (population 800) and frequently have USPS mishaps/delays... oh such agony!!

Another OOS for CSU here, and I haven't heard anything either. At this point I'm not holding my breath too much... but, we'll see I guess :p

Ok, well at least there are others out there. Thanks for responding, folks. :) I feel better now.