CSU DVM Class of 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same goes for me. Not a word.

Members don't see this ad.

OOS too and I've heard nada...

I also received a non-WICHE OOS alternate spot. Snail mail postmarked 1/15, it arrived here (Texas) either Friday or Saturday (I was out of town and just checked my mail).

Members don't see this ad :)
For OOSers who haven't heard anything yet, what's your plan?

I'm thinking of waiting until the end of the week to see if something comes in the mail and if I haven't gotten anything by Thurs, calling CSU. I may deviate from this plan as I am traveling Fri, so maybe that's enough to distract me. But I'm curious what the deal is. In other words, I'm curious if they've actually notified everyone, or if there are still notifications to come.

I would still have faith, especially given what rexosaurus mentioned earlier (notified of waitlist status in late Feb!)

I, for one, am more curious than anxious, actually. But thanks for the optimism, Claws. :)

I will continue to assume that I didn't make the team. :(

ditto, OOS and have heard nada!

I will continue to assume that I didn't make the team. :(

That's ok, I'm not gonna chastise you for it this time. :) I may even be joining you over there in party pooper-dom, soon. But just a warning...I'm bringing confetti and noise makers when I do.
:hardy:

Received a letter Saturday (1/19) postmarked 1/15 for an OOS non-WICHE alternate spot.

Any ideas on how many are taken off the alt list each year? Any idea of how many are actually given alternate status each year?

Congrats, rosemma! Dr. Stewart will tell you your exact spot on the list if you email her.

I would still have faith, especially given what rexosaurus mentioned earlier (notified of waitlist status in late Feb!)

Not to burst the bubble of optimism, but I was a WICHE candidate, and that muddles the process up a bit. WICHE does the rank, then sends it out to the sponsor schools, then they can accept/reject; and each state does this independently of the others. Apparently, NV moves at glacial pace :(

I'm OOS got an e-mail on the 15th, and got the letter a couple days later! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I still have not heard a word and it is driving me bananas!:banana:

Well, at least I'm not the only OOS person to not have heard back from them at all... I keep checking the mail though. Hmmmph.

At this point I'm not really holding my breath that I made it in, but I'd just like to know for my own edification, you know?

Well, at least I'm not the only OOS person to not have heard back from them at all... I keep checking the mail though. Hmmmph.

At this point I'm not really holding my breath that I made it in, but I'd just like to know for my own edification, you know?

ditto!!! :thumbup:

Double ditto.

Is anyone that got an interview at CSU planning on going to the Pre-Vet Club interview workshop next week? Also, if there are any of you Pre-Vet Club people out there, what will we be doing?:confused:

Is anyone that got an interview at CSU planning on going to the Pre-Vet Club interview workshop next week? Also, if there are any of you Pre-Vet Club people out there, what will we be doing?:confused:

I'll be there. I'm not in the Pre-vet club but I can tell you some about the workshop since CSU held one a few months back for their undergraduate students and I got tipped off so I went. Basically they explained what they're looking for and how to take a behavioral interview. They also had a panel of vet students who explained what happened during their interviews. They said that this workshop would be about the same thing at the last one. Hope that helps!

Do you guys know when/where the workshop is?

Anyone know if all the interview invitations have gone out to in-state applicants??

Anyone know if all the interview invitations have gone out to in-state applicants??

Some of the in-state invites definitely have gone out, but I'm not positive if all of them have.

The workshop is on Tuesday the 29th at 6:00 pm in the Anatomy building room W118!

if you end up at csu you will spend every waking hour in that room your first year.. too bad they dont make the seats more comfortable :)

if you end up at csu you will spend every waking hour in that room your first year.. too bad they dont make the seats more comfortable :)

I will gladly sit on a chair full of tacks if it means they accept me! ;)

Amen to that, I'd jump through fire if it meant they let me in!

I am glad to hear people are going. I am so excited and nervous at the same time! Have any of you interviewed at other vet school or are you doing any other interviews this year?

I haven't interviewed any where else yet, but I have an interview at WSU one week after my one at CSU. Hopefully I will already be accepted at CSU before I head to Washington! :)

Got my rejection letter today. Oh well, at least I know! I knew my chances were pretty tiny being OOS and from a non-WICHE state, but thought I'd give it a go anyway. *shrug* 3 of my 5 schools are interviewing me, so overall I think I'm doing okay :-D

Rejected, a poem by me.:D

I got my snail mail
From the landlady this morning,
And as expected--
Rejected--
From CSU.
:(

Thank you, thank you very much. You're a lovely crowd.

Got my rejection letter also :( so sad.. it was just not meant to be... i have other interviews so all hope is not lost.. we'll see in a few months though hahah

congrats to the people who got in [yay!]

Got my rejection (along with Tufts) yesterday. It was completely expected and only irritated me because it was a waste of $$$$$!

meee tooo... rejected... but that's okay. I knew it was going to be a long shot. =)

Ok, my mom's mail box got the letter today. Didn't bother asking her to open it and read it over the phone.

Oh well, saw that one coming.

Now it's time to wait for my state school interview notice! Any time now... any time..... here letter letter..... here letter!!

Ok, my mom's mail box got the letter today. Didn't bother asking her to open it and read it over the phone.

Oh well, saw that one coming.

Now it's time to wait for my state school interview notice! Any time now... any time..... here letter letter..... here letter!!

Not to provide false hope or anything, but didn't some people get alternate letters? Shouldn't you at least read it? I'd be too curious, just in case.

Hang in there, all. We'll find our places, yet.

Not to provide false hope or anything, but didn't some people get alternate letters? Shouldn't you at least read it? I'd be too curious, just in case.

Hang in there, all. We'll find our places, yet.

Oh yeah, I'll read it when I get home for the weekend.

It was postmarked the same as the other rejections, so I kinda figured it was bum news. But we'll see how it goes....

Thanks! :)

Hey do any of you guys know when they will have the spots for FAVCIP decided? I tried calling the admissions department, but the lady hasn't called me back (and I dont want to be too pushy! lol)

Hey do any of you guys know when they will have the spots for FAVCIP decided? I tried calling the admissions department, but the lady hasn't called me back (and I dont want to be too pushy! lol)

Hopefully FlyOnTheWall won't mind me quoting him/her. This is what FOTW had to say (earlier today, so all of the "next week" and such time frames can be figured from today :)) :

"We're interviewing our in-state people next week and will meet the following Monday to finalize that list. I believe the FAVCIP subcommittee meets that same week. It's actually a committee of a few AdComs and a bunch of Animal Science faculty who will "certify" FAVCIP applicants based on things amounting to likelyhood they will actually stick with a food animal career or bring something unigue to FA medicine. These people will be put into slots that were taken away from the Colorado Resident pool."

So it's not clear when we would hear, but it gives us a sense of when these decisions will be made. A question I still have is whether or not every FAVCIP applicant will hear a yay or nay. Or will only the accepted ones hear? Anyway, that's what I know thus far. :)

Hopefully FlyOnTheWall won't mind me quoting him/her. This is what FOTW had to say (earlier today, so all of the "next week" and such time frames can be figured from today :)) :

"We're interviewing our in-state people next week and will meet the following Monday to finalize that list. I believe the FAVCIP subcommittee meets that same week. It's actually a committee of a few AdComs and a bunch of Animal Science faculty who will "certify" FAVCIP applicants based on things amounting to likelyhood they will actually stick with a food animal career or bring something unigue to FA medicine. These people will be put into slots that were taken away from the Colorado Resident pool."

So it's not clear when we would hear, but it gives us a sense of when these decisions will be made. A question I still have is whether or not every FAVCIP applicant will hear a yay or nay. Or will only the accepted ones hear? Anyway, that's what I know thus far. :)

Thanks for the info! I dont know why the schools dont make information like this available to their applicants. Without this forum I'd be totally lost! haha

adOggy07meee tooo... rejected... but that's okay. I knew it was going to be a long shot. =)

carrbear21Got my rejection (along with Tufts) yesterday

piglet07ditto rejection
Got my rejection letter also :(

CatnapperA CSU Reject!
Rejected, a poem by me.:D

I got my snail mail
From the landlady this morning,
And as expected--
Rejected--
From CSU.

athenaparthenosGot my rejection letter today

:confused: Who am I gonna go to school with? This makes me sad...:(

Noooooooooooooooooo :(:(:(
I would really love to go to school with all of you, and hope you all get into somewhere that makes you very happy, even if not CSU!

I'm still possibly in the running, if the waitlist moves at all this year! :) Rex, are you going to visit on April 4th?

Rejected as well. Thought i had an outside chance going to school 45 mins down the road at boulder but i guess not. Good luck everyone.

I don't know. I haven't received my packet yet in the mail, so I have no info. yet. They sent me an email just to tell me the wait is over, but I will receive a packet sometime this week :) Are you going?

I'm afraid you'll have to count me out as well. My rejection was waiting for me at home. :( Two schools down, four to go!