Current WesternU CPM Student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bdvesely

WesternU Pod Student
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I'm a current WesternU 2nd year podiatry student. If anyone has a question about anything, feel free to ask me!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
All accounts made on April 7th. All necro bumping threads from July. All with the same introduction.

Fun stuff. So organic.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
what's going on with all these 2nd year Western pod students bumping threads. All created on April 7th.

What is that?
Hi! I'm a current WesternU 2nd year podiatry student. If anyone has a question about anything, feel free to ask me!

what's going on with all these 2nd year Western pod students bumping threads. All created on April 7th.

What is that?
This same thing happened earlier this year too. I really dont know what it is haha but it was the exact same thing. Multiple brand new accounts made on the same day, bringing up old threads and hella promoting WesternU

This same thing happened earlier this year too. I really dont know what it is haha but it was the exact same thing. Multiple brand new accounts made on the same day, bringing up old threads and hella promoting WesternU
I guess I missed that first Western bus.

Sorry we aren't that active throughout the year. We get pretty busy so most of us only get on 2 times a year to answer questions. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

Reactions: 3 users
Save your time and money and do not apply here. Staff and faculty post majority of the positive post regarding this school. The administration promotes their SGA students to post positive aspects regarding their institution to increase applicant rates.

Dr. Harkless is not the dean anymore. Dr. Jones who is the acting dean is not helpful or willing to listen to the students. There is a significant power struggle between the DPM department and DO department at this school. The faculty manipulates scores and purposely try to get students removed from the program.

Are you one of these students? Weeding out happens at almost all the Pod schools but if it's done purposely...well that just doesn't sound right.

Sorry we aren't that active throughout the year. We get pretty busy so most of us only get on 2 times a year to answer questions. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

They are active only when the faculty tells them to post positive aspects to increase admission rates.

What is that?

admissions are down, school is losing funding, Harkless left, posting old lectures are new, faculty cannot make it to their own schedule time block to teach students.
Bumps were encouraged by student affairs....

enjoy the truth

admissions are down, school is losing funding, Harkless left, posting old lectures are new, faculty cannot make it to their own schedule time block to teach students.
Bumps were encouraged by student affairs....

enjoy the truth

That much was apparent by everyone here. Even though it was not very organic, I have no problem with Western students attempting to answer questions, especially when that time could be put to better use with the heavy course load they have. No foul play.

You seem to be projecting your failure to pass directly on the school instead of taking personal responsibility for things you could have controlled.
I chose not to go to Western because I knew putting myself in that workload with their tough love mentality meant I would flunk out.
Do I hate the program? No. They draw a particular set of students who can excel in that type of atmosphere. I did not have the academic chops to thrive there.

I do not know your story but there seems to be a lack of self-reflection. Try doing that before you sdhit on a program.

Reactions: 5 users
Let's keep things civil. This Thread has become off-topic and there's a thread in regards to this subject in the pre pod forum. Thread will be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.