DAT in 2 weeks! Help and Recommendations please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DentalSB2016

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey SDN,

So my DAT is in two and a half weeks and I have a few questions.
I have been studying for a couple months with Chads, AP Bio, Cliffs, and Destroyer.
Now that I have roughly 16 days left, I wanted to know what is the best thing to be doing in the upcoming weeks. I have done destroyer twice, I have done DAT bootcamp once and now I am working on DAT QVault.

I wanted to know what the most representative program is to the real DAT. I have heard mixed reviews, some say its like DAT Bootcamp, some say like Qvault, some say like Topscore (I personally thought topscore was very old fashioned and nothing like the previous programs). If anyone can help me in letting me know what they felt was most effective and which programs/study schedule I should follow for the next 2 weeks, I would really appreciate it.

I want to make sure that I am being efficient and effective. So what is best, from DAT destroyer, DAT Bootcamp, QVault, or even DAT Genius. and anyones thoughts on top score.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

make sure you do both the 2007 and 2009 dat. order the 2009 dat paper version ASAP.

practice the extra PAT and qr exams from DAT bootcamp. timing is key on these sections.

Do the destroyer questions again and make sure you understand why you are getting things correct and especially wrong

dont stress out, cut down your studying in the days before the exam

Reactions: 1 user
Do like 3 full-length practice tests within those 16 days to maintain your test-taking endurance. And then review what you get wrong, using whatever sources you see fit. At this point, you're better off just patching up holes in your knowledge bank, rather than reviewing things you already memorized.

Hey SDN,

So my DAT is in two and a half weeks and I have a few questions.
I have been studying for a couple months with Chads, AP Bio, Cliffs, and Destroyer.
Now that I have roughly 16 days left, I wanted to know what is the best thing to be doing in the upcoming weeks. I have done destroyer twice, I have done DAT bootcamp once and now I am working on DAT QVault.

I wanted to know what the most representative program is to the real DAT. I have heard mixed reviews, some say its like DAT Bootcamp, some say like Qvault, some say like Topscore (I personally thought topscore was very old fashioned and nothing like the previous programs). If anyone can help me in letting me know what they felt was most effective and which programs/study schedule I should follow for the next 2 weeks, I would really appreciate it.

I want to make sure that I am being efficient and effective. So what is best, from DAT destroyer, DAT Bootcamp, QVault, or even DAT Genius. and anyones thoughts on top score.

Thanks

3 best materials you can use right before the dat:
DAT bootcamp -- high yield questions
DAT destroyer -- high yield questions
2007 and 2009 released DAT exams -- high yield questions

do the questions, UNDERSTAND what questions you got wrong/why and REVIEW the topics where you got questions wrong

Members don't see this ad :)
This finals days I would do a test everyday, trying to simulate the test day and see where you can improve.

I definitely found Bootcamp to be closest to the real exam. The other resources you mentioned are still good for extra practice and I'd definitely use them to build up your knowledge too, but as far as question structure/difficulty/scope Bootcamp will be the closest to the real thing.