This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

es11722

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have attached my bootcamp scores for all tests and I want to know if you guys think I will do better or worse on the real thing. I know practice scores aren't a perfect indicator and for every question I get wrong on my exams, I write down the answer on a piece of paper and read before I sleep and reread all of them on the weekends. Also, has anyone noticed that bootcamp exams 6-10 are SLIGHTLY more difficult than 1-5? Can honestly say that made me a lot more anxious than before! Anyway, here are my scores:

First five scores are from individual tests 1-5... the scores in blue are from full lengths 6-10.
Bio
: 23,21,22,24,20,21,19,21,19,22
Gc: 22,17,22,20,19, 19,19,20,18,19
Reading: 23,23,23,21,24,22,21,20,20,20
PA: 20,19,18,18,19,19,17,18,20,18
Math: 18,17,18,17,17,17,19,19,17,18
Orgo: 15,17,17,22,20,19,22,18,18,22

My AA from the 5 full lengths I have taken on bootcamp have been 20,20,20,18,20.

Since finishing my last full length Sunday, I've been going over all Bootcamp exam questions by section and fixing any further mistakes I've made. Is this a recipe for success until my DAT?

Any help or reassurance is greatly appreciated? I want a minimum of a 22 to make everyone around me proud and to prove to myself that I am worthy to be a dentist through hard work and dedication.

Members don't see this ad.

I want to know if you guys think I will do better or worse on the real thing.
Honestly hard to tell because it really all comes down to what version of the exam you have that day.... it could have more botany, more microbio, more physiology, more reaction questions, more QC questions.... you have to be prepared for anything.
Also, has anyone noticed that bootcamp exams 6-10 are SLIGHTLY more difficult than 1-5?
Yes they are, and this is because Bootcamp did not make 6-10 (they bought a company called DATGenius and their exams were made to be 6-10).

Just keep practicing, going over mistakes, and get into a good headspace. If you have Destroyer, I'd try to knock out as many questions as you can in the 12 days you have.

Honestly hard to tell because it really all comes down to what version of the exam you have that day.... it could have more botany, more microbio, more physiology, more reaction questions, more QC questions.... you have to be prepared for anything.

Yes they are, and this is because Bootcamp did not make 6-10 (they bought a company called DATGenius and their exams were made to be 6-10).

Just keep practicing, going over mistakes, and get into a good headspace. If you have Destroyer, I'd try to knock out as many questions as you can in the 12 days you have.

Thank you so much for the advice! I'm gonna be honest with you, you were the first DAT breakdown I've read on this post and I've done all I can to mimic your path to DAT greatness (minus the Kaplan part hahaha). I hope I can have the same success as you soon:)

• Care
Reactions: 1 user