This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sisterhope

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I've been trying to find a thread that matched with my situation the most, but I cannot seem to find any. But I really need advice and some help!

I was set to take the DAT this early September but I do not feel ready at all. I've studied everything but my scores in QR/Math and General Chemistry still needs a lot of improving. These two sections are bringing my average way too low and I cannot risk that.

I then plan on rescheduling my DAT in January. I was wondering if anyone had experience studying during the semester, with already a background of 3 months worth of studying for the DAT from the summer? When did you take your test and would it be enough to study for a week or two during Winter break, completely focused on the DAT knowing that I've already studied for months, and will continue to practice during the school year?

My plan was to continue reviewing in the Fall, doing Destroyer every day, and doing a QR Math Destroyer Test every week. I also plan on taking practice exams as much as I can. I know that it may be difficult with school but I truly believe I can handle it since I am going to be inactive in my extracurriculars this upcoming fall semester.

I also plan to study for at least a week or two in the Winter, completely devoted to the DAT.

I have retained most of the Bio, and Orgo. And I am doing well in the PAT section as well.

Any advice on how I can tackle this? Especially how I should study during Winter break?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys! I've been trying to find a thread that matched with my situation the most, but I cannot seem to find any. But I really need advice and some help!

I was set to take the DAT this early September but I do not feel ready at all. I've studied everything but my scores in QR/Math and General Chemistry still needs a lot of improving. These two sections are bringing my average way too low and I cannot risk that.

I then plan on rescheduling my DAT in January. I was wondering if anyone had experience studying during the semester, with already a background of 3 months worth of studying for the DAT from the summer? When did you take your test and would it be enough to study for a week or two during Winter break, completely focused on the DAT knowing that I've already studied for months, and will continue to practice during the school year?

My plan was to continue reviewing in the Fall, doing Destroyer every day, and doing a QR Math Destroyer Test every week. I also plan on taking practice exams as much as I can. I know that it may be difficult with school but I truly believe I can handle it since I am going to be inactive in my extracurriculars this upcoming fall semester.

I also plan to study for at least a week or two in the Winter, completely devoted to the DAT.

I have retained most of the Bio, and Orgo. And I am doing well in the PAT section as well.

Any advice on how I can tackle this? Especially how I should study during Winter break?
I responded to your PM earlier todayl

Hello Dr Romano, would I be able to PM you regarding my DAT situation, I would really appreciate you advice and help, I would just prefer it in a private conversation. Please let me know

Members don't see this ad :)
Orgoman22, I'm in the same situation as sisterhope. Would we be able to speak privately through PM as well. I'm currently scheduled for 29 September and do not feel ready. I have put in three months of study, but don't feel like I've mastered any section. I work full time and taking two classes this fall semester. During my three months of study, I have not been able to review RC and two sections of PAT. I would like to reschedule for the January, during my winter break, but I'm not certain how much free time I would have during the semester to devote to continuous review of the DAT material. I'm in a bad situation because I have paid for submission of 7 applications and completed supplementals as well. Any advice or guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Orgoman22, I'm in the same situation as sisterhope. Would we be able to speak privately through PM as well. I'm currently scheduled for 29 September and do not feel ready. I have put in three months of study, but don't feel like I've mastered any section. I work full time and taking two classes this fall semester. During my three months of study, I have not been able to review RC and two sections of PAT. I would like to reschedule for the January, during my winter break, but I'm not certain how much free time I would have during the semester to devote to continuous review of the DAT material. I'm in a bad situation because I have paid for submission of 7 applications and completed supplementals as well. Any advice or guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I would be delighted to help you.
Privately send me your phone number, and I will personally call you, and get you back on the correct path.
I helped gkhoda, and my advice paid off. I have been helping students for many years with all my experience and expertise I can pass it along to students, of course, that is if they want the help. Join our DAT Destroyer Study group, myself along with my top instructors will be answering questions, etc. I have also spent a lot of time on my DAT Study guide that will be dynamite and hope to have it complete very soon.

Dr. Romano

Last edited:
I personally found it difficult to study during school time (quarter system). You definitely dont want your grades to drop, so please keep that in mind. good luck!

I was in your shoes. I took my first DAT after winter break. I did not do well. However, if you study everyday during school year, I'd say you have a shot. Personally I wouldn't recommend taking it during your school year because you have to focus on school and you're saying yea I'm gonna study but it actually takes A LOT of effort. I told myself that too but it wasn't effective at all because there are midterms, and finals that you need to put them above DAT. It's about your priorities. If I were you I would take one dat bootcamp mock test (test 1-5) right Before winter break and see how you do. If your scoring what you want, I think you should be able to do it. If not, you need to reschedule because 2 weeks aren't really gonna help you that much.

Reactions: 1 user