-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
DAT Scores (26 AA 30 TS) UCLA, UCSF, UW?
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
lol
So, I got my DAT scores. I got a 26 AA and a 30 TS. I have a 3.98 Total GPA and a 4.00 science GPA. I am a CA resident. What do you guys think my chances are of getting into UCLA, UCSF, and UW? Those are my top choices right now. Any other suggestions?
Start preparing for your interviews
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Retake your DAT and enroll in a 2 year postbacc to bring up your GPA....lol
You can go anywhere with those stats....relax and start preparing for your interviews.
You can go anywhere with those stats....relax and start preparing for your interviews.
You should probably retake, those schools need at least a 27AA
work on reading basic stats you can find on the internet + what is good dat score/gpa for dental schools. youll have your answer!
.Retake your DAT and enroll in a 2 year postbacc to bring up your GPA....lol
You can go anywhere with those stats....relax and start preparing for your interviews.
Last edited:
I had a 25 AA/25 TS as a CA resident and got into UCLA and UW. I was rejected from UCSF. To get into UW as a CA resident, you'll need ties to Washington state.
Dental schools value self-evaluation abilities. Worry about that.
I had a 25 AA/25 TS as a CA resident and got into UCLA and UW. I was rejected from UCSF. To get into UW as a CA resident, you'll need ties to Washington state.
Congrats! So you are at UCLA now? What made you decide UCLA over UW? That's weird that UCSF rejected you, because I have heard that UCLA is generally harder to get into than UCSF. Is that not the case?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I start in September 🙂 Instate UCLA is nearly $200k cheaper than OOS UW. UW seemed great, but it just wasn't right for me. About UCSF, yeah.. I'm not sure what happened. I'm very happy to be going to UCLA though, so it's not on my mind. UCSF has lower average academic stats, but really values diversity so maybe that's where I hit a snag.Congrats! So you are at UCLA now? What made you decide UCLA over UW? That's weird that UCSF rejected you, because I have heard that UCLA is generally harder to get into than UCSF. Is that not the case?
Can you post what did you use to study for the DAT? And as far as your chances your stats will get you in anywhere as long as your extracurriculars are good.So, I got my DAT scores. I got a 26 AA and a 30 TS. I have a 3.98 Total GPA and a 4.00 science GPA. I am a CA resident. What do you guys think my chances are of getting into UCLA, UCSF, and UW? Those are my top choices right now. Any other suggestions?
I sure hope so!Can you post what did you use to study for the DAT? And as far as your chances your stats will get you in anywhere as long as your extracurriculars are good.
As far as studying for the DAT, I think my advice would be to take lots of practice tests. I ended up taking 12 practice tests in the month leading up to taking the DAT. The more you take, the more comfortable you will be with the real thing; it will just seem like another practice test. Also, most practice tests are designed to be harder than the real thing, so when you take the real thing, it seems super easy. The entire science section seemed like a total breeze after taking so many hard practice tests. I felt like "Is this a joke?" haha. Also, you can find a lot of practice test websites that offer a free test before you subscribe. For example:
DAT Genius
Free DAT Practice Tests | DATgenius
ADA DAT
https://www.ada.org/~/media/ADA/Education and Careers/Files/dat_test_sampleitems.ashx
DAT Bootcamp
Full Length DAT Practice Tests | DAT Bootcamp
Princeton Review
Free DAT Online Practice Test | The Princeton Review
Gold Standard (⅓)
Free DAT Practice Test
ADA OAT
https://www.ada.org/~/media/OAT/Files/oat_sample_test.pdf?la=en
I took advantage of these free tests and thus was able to save money that way. Also, I would suggest getting the DAT Destroyer book by Orgoman. It's super helpful. Do all of the problems in the entire book. And then go back and study the concepts of the problems you got wrong (and the ones you just guessed right on!). The Kaplan book is also a nice summary of all of the concepts on the DAT. I read the entire book within the month leading up to the DAT. It also comes with 2 really nice online practice tests.
In summary, I think it really comes down to exposing yourself to the greatest number of practice problems and practice tests, to the point where the real thing becomes a breeze.
Last edited:
These types of chance me posts are toxic.
D
deleted841361
You are beat
Chances are good but no promises...
Damn how'd you only get a 26 AA with a 30 TS...you must blow at math. It's a shame, looks like you had the potential to finish the road to 28.
I got a 23 on QR and a 23 on RC
I did hear about this about UW and wondered what debt was like at other schools. Do you know about other schools' debt levels? Are other schools in debt? I couldn't find anything onlineUW is expensive As hell and they are about 40 million in the red. Many many concerns of tuition hikes to deal with the the budget. Gotta research your schools, simple Google searchs is all you need.
congrats on the nice scores OP.
Hey I can see why someone would post something like this though. Not everyone is super confident in themselves and need some outside validation. Can't blame people for that. There is no other reason for posting this thread or commenting in the one about getting high DAT scores that was like 18 years old other than for this purpose. I can definitely empathize with OP in a sense. Not everyone is raised in a household that gives good positive reinforcement or makes you feel adequate. I wanted to do well on the DAT to validate myself and post a beast breakdown. I never did post one, and my good score didn't make me feel any smarter or more capable. But I know where OP is coming from.These types of chance me posts are toxic.
All we can do is give some good kudos and slowly but surely, the nervous duckling will blossom into a beautiful, confident swan. OP, good job on your score. You'll get in somewhere. Work on yourself more b/c the "high" of a good DAT score disappears after you've gotten into your dental school.
Awesome scores and GPA
Just make sure you have an adequate amount of shadowing/volunteering, decent Personal statements, and decent social skills during interviews.
My advice is to utilize your career center at your college. Go to them, schedule an appointment for a mock interview, give them a list of possible questions.
And then repeat the mock interview with a different person!
Do at least 3 mock interviews to be on the safe side.
Don't be cocky at the interview, nor too humble.
Regular confidence and genuine interest in their school will do the trick.
Also, apply to +5 schools, you never know what might go wrong!
Ps. Thank you for your tips. I will encourage you to share a breakdown in the dat section in the forum to help others.
Also, what was your strategy for RC?
Just make sure you have an adequate amount of shadowing/volunteering, decent Personal statements, and decent social skills during interviews.
My advice is to utilize your career center at your college. Go to them, schedule an appointment for a mock interview, give them a list of possible questions.
And then repeat the mock interview with a different person!
Do at least 3 mock interviews to be on the safe side.
Don't be cocky at the interview, nor too humble.
Regular confidence and genuine interest in their school will do the trick.
Also, apply to +5 schools, you never know what might go wrong!
Ps. Thank you for your tips. I will encourage you to share a breakdown in the dat section in the forum to help others.
Also, what was your strategy for RC?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 5K