This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Packers52

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I am taking BioChemistry this summer starting next week. The class is 5 days a week 11-2pm and goes till the week of July 17th. I'm planning on taking the DAT September 11th.

I was wondering if anyone here would know a decent ratio of time spent on this course vs time spent studying for the DAT. Like a sample schedule so I don't get burnt out too fast.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great. I'm taking a couple practice tests and around the ~16 range. So yeah.... lots of work needed to be done.

Members don't see this ad.

Biochemistry is not an easy class so it needs a lot of time. When do you plan to take the dat?

Hey I am taking BioChemistry this summer starting next week. The class is 5 days a week 11-2pm and goes till the week of July 17th. I'm planning on taking the DAT September 11th.

I was wondering if anyone here would know a decent ratio of time spent on this course vs time spent studying for the DAT. Like a sample schedule so I don't get burnt out too fast.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great. I'm taking a couple practice tests and around the ~16 range. So yeah.... lots of work needed to be done.

Hmm good question. So definitely focus harder on the DAT because its a huge part of your app. At the same time, biochem is still an important class for your gpa. Biochem is hard but it will cover a nice little chunk of dat bio. So all overlapping topics should be skipped in dat studying since its covered by biochem.

Id follow ari's dat bootcamp 10 week dat study guide and skip biochem topics

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Wait what kind of college is this where you can take a biochem course in what seems to be like less than 3 weeks?

Reactions: 1 user
16 range really isn’t too far off, your a couple questions in each section from 18-19

If I were you, I would spend about 15 hours a week solely studying for DAT and about 25 hours on the biochemistry, which adds up to about 40 hours. If you're willing to spend more time, then do so in the DAT studying. Good luck!