Dating in Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To each their own man. Looks are important, but I still say that they're not the most important thing. I get where you're coming from, but we have different opinions on this topic. As for chasing success, people are attracted to him. I did preface that by saying that if he's serious about dating and hooking up, then to remember that it's a numbers game. What I meant by that is to just keep trying to date girls.
If someone's not physically attracted to their partner then it won't work. There's no way around that and plenty of guys/girls complain months or years into a relationship that they aren't or weren't ever attracted. I mean girls go nuts over an attractive guy. All my female friends along with instagram comments on guys pictures would instantly confirm this. It's just that average girls have to settle for average guys so they may value personality etc. a little more.

It definitely is a numbers game. Things like success or body are just bonuses though.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If someone's not physically attracted to their partner then it won't work. There's no way around that and plenty of guys/girls complain months or years into a relationship that they aren't or weren't ever attracted. I mean girls go nuts over an attractive guy. All my female friends along with instagram comments on guys pictures would instantly confirm this. It's just that average girls have to settle for average guys so they may value personality etc. a little more.

It definitely is a numbers game. Things like success or body are just bonuses though.

Yes, physical attraction is necessary.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, physical attraction is necessary.
cfedea94-e0e7-4817-8691-c544340ac49f.jpg

Dating and social life in medical school is nothing like undergrad, mostly because the workload you have in medical school is a lot more, you just don't have time because you are spending most of your time studying. Also depending on the school you go to, if you go to an Osteopathic school or a lower tier MD school, chances are you will see your classmates for only the first two years, which means you have only two years to build a relationship with them. I go to a DO school, a good number of friends I made in my first year I have not seen since I finished my basic sciences, and chances are I will only see them again at graduation, and then probably never again.

Dating and social life in medical school is nothing like undergrad, mostly because the workload you have in medical school is a lot more, you just don't have time because you are spending most of your time studying. Also depending on the school you go to, if you go to an Osteopathic school or a lower tier MD school, chances are you will see your classmates for only the first two years, which means you have only two years to build a relationship with them. I go to a DO school, a good number of friends I made in my first year I have not seen since I finished my basic sciences, and chances are I will only see them again at graduation, and then probably never again.

I went to a "lower tier" state school and the clinical years were actually when I started getting to know my classmates as we were on rotations together. As long as there is a home base hospital you'll see your classmates plenty.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I went to a "lower tier" state school and the clinical years were actually when I started getting to know my classmates as we were on rotations together. As long as there is a home base hospital you'll see your classmates plenty.

If you went to an MD school I guess its more possible to see the people you met during basic sciences, but at DO schools, its harder because most DO schools do not have their own home base hospitals, clinical rotations are outsourced to various rotation sites, so most of the people you met during your first two years, you never see them again except at graduation.

It's funny how some people you would have never been friends with otherwise become really close and you start hating some people you were friends with before.

It's funny how some people you would have never been friends with otherwise become really close and you start hating some people you were friends with before.

People sometimes become friends out of convenience not because they genuinely like the other person. Those relationships often do not stand the test of time, when the circumstances change, the friends usually move on to others.