Debusk College of Osteopathic Medicine cont.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hang in there guys. I didn't get my call until about three weeks after my interview. It was about two weeks before I got my letter as well. Don't give up hope yet!:luck:

The next issue I am potentially running into is that my husband doesn't have a job in Tennessee. One of the companies said they need one paycheck before we can close, but he can't get a paycheck until we move down there and we can't move down there until we close.:eek: This is definitely not fun. Everyone I call says I picked a hard house to finance anyway. Hmmm, maybe Pete DeBusk can give me a loan.:rolleyes: :laugh: AHHH!! This is so frustrating!:smuggrin: :mad:

So they won't accept a paycheck from his current job? That's seems a bit silly if they won't. They've got to understand what's going on with you. (I'm trying to think of the proper word to describe your situation but at the moment I'm totally clueless)

Members don't see this ad.

I'm 99% sure the decision on me was made before one of my letters got there, which made it more frustrating because the USPS lost the letter.

They just returned me a letter I mailed like 3 weeks ago...Not a good track record lately for the USPS.

So they won't accept a paycheck from his current job? That's seems a bit silly if they won't. They've got to understand what's going on with you. (I'm trying to think of the proper word to describe your situation but at the moment I'm totally clueless)

I had this one guy ramble on for about twenty minutes who said that they needed a paycheck first. Then another company said a letter from the future company was fine. I don't know.:eek: I am going nuts with this whole thing already and it has only been a day.:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
I had this one guy ramble on for about twenty minutes who said that they needed a paycheck first. Then another company said a letter from the future company was fine. I don't know.:eek: I am going nuts with this whole thing already and it has only been a day.:scared:

Yea, I'm glad I don't have to worry about buying a house. See that's so hard to deal with when you're moving so far. It's just difficult to try and get everything done before you move down. Good luck. :) :luck:

And I just spoke to Paul Carney who said that Dr. Stowers was very busy today and would be making his calls tomorrow. Plus letters were mailed out either today, or tomorrow morning. So there's still time! And I don't know who was told about their status over the phone, but I was told it's against federal law... :(

, but I was told it's against federal law... :(

I do not think so! Schools let people know all the time over the phone. Dr Stowers called me and several others, as you just said he will be making calls tomorrow. So how can he do that if it is against federal law. I think someone is pulling your chain. It is usually a school policy to tell or not over the phone, email ,or snail mail.
Marcia

I do not think so! Schools let people know all the time over the phone. Dr Stowers called me and several others, as you just said he will be making calls tomorrow. So how can he do that if it is against federal law. I think someone is pulling your chain. It is usually a school policy to tell or not over the phone, email ,or snail mail.
Marcia

This is true. So basically I've been denied and Paul Carney didn't want to tell me...

Docmom,

Welcome to home ownership...now you know what I've been talking about regarding it being a PITA to sell and buy a new one and move...

:)

Marthea, Paul won't give out the info.

This is true. So basically I've been denied and Paul Carney didn't want to tell me...

LOL! You are beginning to sound like Dr. Inviz.;) :smuggrin:

Don't assume the worse. Wait and see what happens.:luck: :luck: :luck:

LOL! You are beginning to sound like Dr. Inviz.;) :smuggrin:

Don't assume the worse. Wait and see what happens.:luck: :luck: :luck:

only im good enough to know whats in store for my future :cool:

Or... it is just school policy that Dr Stowers be the one to tell you the news. Don't be so worried, You will know tomorrow.

Marcia

GOOD LUCK

only im good enough to know whats in store for my future :cool:

OK, well use your psychic powers and tell me if I am ever going to find someone to finance my "shack".:smuggrin:

Actually, I think we may have found a solution. Wells Fargo does a renovation/purchase loan. It has a 3-5% downpayment and you can borrow up to the total equity of the remodeled home. They also do FHA loans for this. So, hopefully we can get that worked out. We would even have some money to put into the property as well. I was all excited about heating my house with wood, but now I think my husband will want to put in central heat. Maybe we can do one of those wood furnaces. I always wanted one of those and solar power. :rolleyes:

OK, well use your psychic powers and tell me if I am ever going to find someone to finance my "shack".:smuggrin:

Actually, I think we may have found a solution. Wells Fargo does a renovation/purchase loan. It has a 3-5% downpayment and you can borrow up to the total equity of the remodeled home. They also do FHA loans for this. So, hopefully we can get that worked out. We would even have some money to put into the property as well. I was all excited about heating my house with wood, but now I think my husband will want to put in central heat. Maybe we can do one of those wood furnaces. I always wanted one of those and solar power. :rolleyes:

i said MY future. :idea:

Members don't see this ad :)
I spoke with Paul Carney today and he said that they'll mail out the letters today or tomorrow and that it's against federal law to give out the info over the phone (???)... I guess we'll have to wait for the mail... or rejection lol... :)

I spoke with Paul Carney today and he said that they'll mail out the letters today or tomorrow and that it's against federal law to give out the info over the phone (???)... I guess we'll have to wait for the mail... or rejection lol... :)

dont worry bro, you will be accepted!

OK guys, it is 9:10 am on Tuesday. I bet those phone calls start really soon. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!:luck: :luck: :luck:

YAY! We got a mortgage!!! They have to do an appraisal on the property though, which I am definitely nervous about. :scared: I am still waiting to hear back from Wells Fargo about the renovation mortgage. This whole process is nuts!!!:eek:

Any phone calls yet?:luck::)

YAY! We got a mortgage!!! They have to do an appraisal on the property though, which I am definitely nervous about. :scared: I am still waiting to hear back from Wells Fargo about the renovation mortgage. This whole process is nuts!!!:eek:

Any phone calls yet?:luck::)

Woohoo!!

And no phone calls...

Woohoo!!

And no phone calls...

Martha,

I saw your name and got all excited. My heart can't take this! OY! :p

Congrats on the mortgage DoctorMOM. You have know officially obtained the American dream with a huge mortgage! Mazal Tov! :laugh:

Bless you and yours
and the house you live in.
May the roof overhead be well thatched
And those inside be well-matched.

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

Martha,

Your heart can't take this? I'm amazed at how well my phone retains heat due to my never putting it down... :laugh:

Martha,

Congrats on the mortgage DoctorMOM. You have know officially obtained the American dream with a huge mortgage! Mazal Tov! :laugh:

Bless you and yours
and the house you live in.
May the roof overhead be well thatched
And those inside be well-matched.

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

OMG! I KNOW!!! I DID THE SAME THING!!! :eek: I clicked right into this thread and then I realized it was a false alarm. Definitely too much excitment and stress going on today. HANG IN THERE! THE PHONE WILL RING!!!:luck:

Thanks guys! The house has to pass the appraisal first. I didn't mention the heat situation, but they seem pretty lenient in what they will accept. It does have the propane heaters.:luck: :scared:

So can someone else call and see if they've made the phone calls or if they're done cause this waiting is killing me but I don't want to sound to desperate. Cause I am...

So can someone else call and see if they've made the phone calls or if they're done cause this waiting is killing me but I don't want to sound to desperate. Cause I am...

AHHH! STOP POSTING!!! I keep thinking that it is good news! You are freaking me out!:eek: :luck: :luck: :luck:

You know it might take longer for them to call you, cause I did not get the call until later. I got both the letter and the call the same day. I interviewed the 19th and did not find out until the 1st of Feb, so hang in there guys. I am sure everything will be fine!! :D

They arent calling to spite you guys for listening to sunny and callin them every minute yesterday. :smuggrin:

You know it might take longer for them to call you, cause I did not get the call until later. I got both the letter and the call the same day. I interviewed the 19th and did not find out until the 1st of Feb, so hang in there guys. I am sure everything will be fine!! :D

That smiley is really annoying ... :rolleyes:

AHHH!! NO ONE WHO IS WAITING FOR A PHONE CALL IS ALLOWED TO POST UNTIL THEY GET IT!!!:smuggrin: I am all stressed out for you guys. I saw Dr. Inviz's name and got all excited.:eek:

I am just teasing you guys, but I really am anxious for you. Believe me, I know how you all are feeling right now. They may not call today, so don't be too upset if they don't call. It doesn't automatically mean you were rejected or waitlisted.:luck: :luck: :luck: :love:

Quite alright. My mind has already blown. I'm really a very patient person but all that's gone out the window at the moment.

AHHH!! NO ONE WHO IS WAITING FOR A PHONE CALL IS ALLOWED TO POST UNTIL THEY GET IT!!!:smuggrin: I am all stressed out for you guys. I saw Dr. Inviz's name and got all excited.:eek:

I am just teasing you guys, but I really am anxious for you. Believe me, I know how you all are feeling right now. They may not call today, so don't be too upset if they don't call. It doesn't automatically mean you were rejected or waitlisted.:luck: :luck: :luck: :love:

im not even anxious, so no reason for you to be either. adderal is awesome, btw. now i need the vicodin hookup.

Have you guys noticed how this thread is more like a personal chat room between Dr. I, Doctormamacita, Marthea, Min_e, SunnyJohn, MJB???

Im guessing you guys are gonna be a study group at DCOM huh!!???

WEEAAAKKKKK. :sleep:

Well it's a good thing your opinion doesn't matter... :smuggrin:

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH SNAP!!

Anyways... adderall you say? :rolleyes:

Have you guys noticed how this thread is more like a personal chat room between Dr. I, Doctormamacita, Marthea, Min_e, SunnyJohn, MJB???

Im guessing you guys are gonna be a study group at DCOM huh!!???

Wha? Choo wan in? I got da hookup mang. Choo let me know...

Well it's a good thing your opinion doesn't matter... :smuggrin:

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH SNAP!!

Anyways... adderall you say? :rolleyes:

Wha? Choo wan in? I got da hookup mang. Choo let me know...

im not smellin the burn nor seein the sizzle.

I'm gonna go with no calls today...

No, you actually don't. Just ask my husband.;) :smuggrin: :laugh:

Oh yes I do want ur cookin! Maybe ur husband just forgot to appreciate his womans good looks.. oops.. i meants cooks.. ahh..umm... i meant food! yeah there we go! haha

Im a single guy, do u have any idea HOW hard it is to get a decent meal!!! If a women ever wants to win me over, she could do it with her cookin! I know my ex did!:cool:

Oh yes I do want ur cookin! Maybe ur husband just forgot to appreciate his womans good looks.. oops.. i meants cooks.. ahh..umm... i meant food! yeah there we go! haha

Im a single guy, do u have any idea HOW hard it is to get a decent meal!!! If a women ever wants to win me over, she could do it with her cookin! I know my ex did!:cool:

McDreamy,

As a single man you should at LEAST know how to make a decent omlette and fire up the grill!!!

So anybody have any news???? Martha? Inviz??(Paul C. sent me an e-mail today)!

Guess who's got two thumbs and just got in to DCOM.

This kid. :thumbup: :laugh: :thumbup: