Debusk College of Osteopathic Medicine cont.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Actually Yes you can join, DCOM is AOA accredited and then some!!!

that's great! thanks! has anyone joined yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
So it doesn't say anything about that in the letters they sent out?

Huh. You'd think they'd include it cause that seems to be the more interesting stuff. Oh well.

Has anyone thought about renting a house? Or do you think they'd only have them available for sale?

Was the update about the laptops an email or a mailing?
I've heard nothing about it from the school.

It was in an email... I can forward it to you if you'd like...

WWW.BODOG.COM

It's an amazing site for serious sports bets! If you guyies create an account..dont forget to include my referral number (P763252). Thank you!

Dear Members of the LMU-DCOM Inaugural Class:

This is just to let you know of the progress we have been making here in Harrogate as we get ready for your arrival in August. If any of you are in the area please stop by and say Hello. Depending on what is going on at the construction site we might be able to take you for a tour.

Medical Student Housing: About a year ago we purchased the old Ramada Inn, which most of you saw during your interview. It is undergoing a renovation right now and will be ready by this summer. It is going to be a spectacular place for student housing. There will be 87 single-room units (or studios) and 30 two-room units. The units will be furnished with beds, built-in desks, TV stands, and dressers. The rooms are all being completely refurnished with new paint and tiled floors. The single room units will have a kitchenette, while the two room units will have a small kitchen with a pass through window to the living area. The singles will rent for approximately $500/mth and the two-room units for approximately $800/mth. Utilities are included.

On each floor there will be a laundry room. Outside there will be a picnic area with tables, chairs, barbeques, and a fire pit. The exterior of the building is receiving a face-lift and a new roof. In about three weeks we will have a finished version of each unit for you to see. If you would like to see the rooms, just give us a call in the Admissions Office and we will give you a tour. If you would like to reserve one of these units you should call Laurel at [email protected] or 423-869-6212.

Exercise Facility: A brand new modern exercise facility is being built on the first floor of the Mars Gymnasium. The facility will have state-of-the-art exercise machines, showers, and locker rooms. It is close to the medical school building so you should easily be able to fit in a work-out, swim, basketball game, or a run between studying.

Computers: All students in the inaugural class will be given a brand new tablet computer. These computers will be essential to accessing and using all the technology available to you at DCOM. We are still examining several different models and will choose one shortly. As soon as we have decided on a model I will send you more information. In addition, we will have one of the computers available in the Admissions Office for you to examine.

At orientation you will be given one of the new computers preloaded with the necessary programs. During the first year there will be no technology fee, however starting in the second year there will be a technology fee to cover insurance and maintenance. At the end of four years the computer is yours to keep. Please note that we have received a grant to cover this for the first year’s class, and that students in subsequent classes will not necessarily be given a computer.

Coffee Shop and Deli: We recently made a decision to put a coffee shop and deli in the student lounge on the second floor of the Medical School. Also, just outside of town a new coffee shop with wireless internet service opened.

The Bookstore: By the end of January we will have finalized the book list. All the books on the list will be available at the LMU bookstore. The bookstore will soon start selling LMU-DCOM shirts and other items.

White Coat Ceremony- Save the Date: Your White Coat Ceremony will be October 20, 2007. More details will follow but you should let your family know about the date so they can set the time aside.

Matriculation Documents: Towards the end of January you will receive a whole series of forms to fill out regarding immunizations, health records and so forth.

The building is on track to be finished in May. They are installing the windows right now and the roof will go on shortly. We are all looking forward to the start of the school year which is only about 205 days away!!!

Awww... you gotta love doctormamacita... you have everything ready for everyone!

Im gonna call you doctormamacita ok, is that cool? Thats my sweet latin name for you!:rolleyes: :love:

Have you guys noticed how this thread is more like a personal chat room between Dr. I, Doctormamacita, Marthea, Min_e, SunnyJohn, MJB???

Im guessing you guys are gonna be a study group at DCOM huh!!???

Hey I really don't post that much (Only ike 16 times) but I do like reading you guys cause you are soo funny!!

And Dr I, I like this smiley :D and he is not annoying!! (he has good teeth)

WWW.BODOG.COM

It's an amazing site for serious sports bets! If you guyies create an account..dont forget to include my referral number (P763252). Thank you!

Bloody hell!!!!! Dont tempt me.....the last thing I need, is to gamble away the little bit of money I have to live on during med school. I used to be a bettin man......only at golf though.

Hey I really don't post that much (Only ike 16 times) but I do like reading you guys cause you are soo funny!!

And Dr I, I like this smiley :D and he is not annoying!! (he has good teeth)

You can bet Dr. I will give a smart A$$ comment about what you just said....he is so bloody cranky. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Awww... you gotta love doctormamacita... you have everything ready for everyone!

Im gonna call you doctormamacita ok, is that cool? Thats my sweet latin name for you!:rolleyes: :love:

LOL! OK. It's cute!:laugh: :love:

OK guys, we have to pick a date for our BBQ at the ranch. Hopefully, I can get through all of this mortgage and house inspection nightmare and actually close on my property. I am going to try to close on March 1st, but they need to get a letter from my husband's future employment. If we can get the letter before then, then it looks good to close on that date. :scared: :luck: So, give me some dates for the BBQ. I think sometime towards the end of July sounds good. Everyone should be there then.:)

Ok so two questions: how far in advance did everyone send their deposits, how long did it take to get there, and what service did you use to get it there?

Also I can't remember if they said there was a dress code, I know there probably is one but I can't remember, so does anyone know? Like is it business casual for lecture and scrubs for lab?

(I know that was more than two questions but it was only about two topics. Oh well) :)

Ok so two questions: how far in advance did everyone send their deposits, how long did it take to get there, and what service did you use to get it there?

Also I can't remember if they said there was a dress code, I know there probably is one but I can't remember, so does anyone know? Like is it business casual for lecture and scrubs for lab?

(I know that was more than two questions but it was only about two topics. Oh well) :)

I sent it regular mail a few days before it was due. The dress code is a DCOM uniform for OMM and jeans, sneakers, and polos or other blouse type shirt are ok for class. No shorts, open toed shoes, or t-shirts.:)

LOL! OK. It's cute!:laugh: :love:

OK guys, we have to pick a date for our BBQ at the ranch. Hopefully, I can get through all of this mortgage and house inspection nightmare and actually close on my property. I am going to try to close on March 1st, but they need to get a letter from my husband's future employment. If we can get the letter before then, then it looks good to close on that date. :scared: :luck: So, give me some dates for the BBQ. I think sometime towards the end of July sounds good. Everyone should be there then.:)

Out of curiosity, are you going to be down that way any time between 3/4 - 3/9?

I sent it regular mail a few days before it was due. The dress code is a DCOM uniform for OMM and jeans, sneakers, and polos or other blouse type shirt are ok for class. No shorts, open toed shoes, or t-shirts.:)

No!!! Basically all I own is tshirts. Not one polo...

Thanks

So we can wear jeans!?! wow I know that for NOVA and Pikeville, the other 2 schools I had interviews at, that they were quite strict about no jeans or sneakers for class. And by DCOM uniform do you just mean t-shirt and shorts that are DCOM?

Yea, I live in sweatpants, jeans, and t-shirts. I have to go shopping!:eek: You don't have to wear a polo, but you can't wear a t-shirt.

No. I won't be down there during that time. We are going down on February 19th. If all goes well with the house and we close at the beginning of March, I will go down my spring break week to work on fixing it up a little bit. I think that is the week of March 19th.

Thanks

So we can wear jeans!?! wow I know that for NOVA and Pikeville, the other 2 schools I had interviews at, that they were quite strict about no jeans or sneakers for class. And by DCOM uniform do you just mean t-shirt and shorts that are DCOM?

Dr. Leo told me jeans and sneakers were ok. The DCOM uniform is a DCOM t-shirt and I am not sure about what the bottoms are.

I sent my deposit via USPS priority (2-3 day). They will tell you when the check will get there. I made sure I gave myself a few days just incase.

About the dress code: I have heard that it should be business casual......no holes in pants; no tank tops, etc. I am not sure what that exactly entails, but I would like to know exactly what they want. I think it would be cool to get everybody scrubs with the LMU-DCOM logo on them. Who knows, I think they will let us all know eventually.

Dr. Leo told me jeans and sneakers were ok. The DCOM uniform is a DCOM t-shirt and I am not sure about what the bottoms are.

yay that makes me happy cause I LOVE jeans and don't wanna have to wear kakis (sp?) all the time. But I am with you on the T-Shirt thing, I love them and I guess I will have to go shopping too. But hey any excuse to go shopping, right!! :cool:

I sent my deposit via USPS priority (2-3 day).
I think it would be cool to get everybody scrubs with the LMU-DCOM logo on them. Who knows, I think they will let us all know eventually.

I like the scrubs idea too, cause it has always been my dream to wear them. And that is the only reason I am going into medicine!!! (just joking, but I do like the pink ones :p)

I know its later than the 4th-9th, but we are heading back on the 22nd of March to buy a house. Do you need anything??

I will make sure to take some pics of the school and post them. I bet it will be really close to being done by then.....atleast the exterior.

I like the scrubs idea too, cause it has always been my dream to wear them. And that is the only reason I am going into medicine!!! (just joking, but I do like the pink ones :p)

Well, i wouldnt be opposed to wearing pink scrubs.......my wife always says that pink is my color.:laugh: I have this T-shirt that says: "Yeah, this is your girlfriends shirt, what you gonna do about it?" Its funny. Good thing I am F'n huge to pull it off!:laugh: :laugh:

I just interviewed there. I have to say I was very impressed with the facilities and everything they are doing.

The modern complexes and technologies I thought were a shining touch on the facility. It is definately going to turn out to be a good school.

I live here if you need something during that time.

I know its later than the 4th-9th, but we are heading back on the 22nd of March to buy a house. Do you need anything??

Thanks! I've got a vacation with some friends planned for that time in the Pigeon Forge area and I wanted to drive up to Harrogate to find somewhere to live. I guess most of it was just curiosity to meet people and maybe see if you knew any good places to look.

Thanks! I've got a vacation with some friends planned for that time in the Pigeon Forge area and I wanted to drive up to Harrogate to find somewhere to live. I guess most of it was just curiosity to meet people and maybe see if you knew any good places to look.

Awww, are you going to Dollywood? I cant wait to go there....

Awww, are you going to Dollywood? I cant wait to go there....

omg I wanted to go there so bad!!! It's only 4 miles away but doesn't open until the 31st of March. :( :( :(

omg I wanted to go there so bad!!! It's only 4 miles away but doesn't open until the 31st of March. :( :( :(

That sucks. I am thinking about getting season passes....they are only 65 bucks for a year. Would be fun during the summers

Dudes...

Dolly? Loretta Lynn is were it's at!

"YOU ain't woman enough to take my MAAAAN!"

*Sunny does a two-step with her cat*

Dudes...

Dolly? Loretta Lynn is were it's at!

"YOU ain't woman enough to take my MAAAAN!"

*Sunny does a two-step with her cat*

They appear to be referring to the theme-park converted concert area ...

i'd never burn $65 on a season pass for that crap.

Also, Loretta Lynn who?

Well I sent in my housing deposit today and I did that background check on myself last night...boy Im hoping I didnt forget about something ive done in the past lol.... so all I have left now to do is to get the full physical and take a pee test.. guess I gotta lay off the coke and heroine for a little while.... lol kidding....

Well I sent in my housing deposit today and I did that background check on myself last night...boy Im hoping I didnt forget about something ive done in the past lol.... so all I have left now to do is to get the full physical and take a pee test.. guess I gotta lay off the coke and heroine for a little while.... lol kidding....

I haven't done the background check yet because I haven't had the money for it. I had my physical and started my Hep B series, but my doctor didn't know what the drug test was. So, I have a pile of scripts to get bloodwork and my drug test done at a lab. But, I am home with my kids during the day now and never have a moment. Plus, my doctor is checking my cholesterol and so I have to be fasting. That means I have to go in the morning sometime when I don't have the kids without having any coffee first!!:eek: Yea, that won't be happening anytime soon.:smuggrin:

I haven't done the background check yet because I haven't had the money for it. I had my physical and started my Hep B series, but my doctor didn't know what the drug test was. So, I have a pile of scripts to get bloodwork and my drug test done at a lab. But, I am home with my kids during the day now and never have a moment. Plus, my doctor is checking my cholesterol and so I have to be fasting. That means I have to go in the morning sometime when I don't have the kids without having any coffee first!!:eek: Yea, that won't be happening anytime soon.:smuggrin:

hmmm, i guess there will be another open seat then, what a waste of that deposite huh :smuggrin:

hmmm, i guess there will be another open seat then, what a waste of that deposite huh :smuggrin:

LOL! I'll get there eventually. I probably will never get my cholesterol checked though. I don't go anywhere without my coffee first.:D

LOL! I'll get there eventually. I probably will never get my cholesterol checked though. I don't go anywhere without my coffee first.:D

Try some adderall ... oh wait ... :smuggrin:

They appear to be referring to the theme-park converted concert area ...

i'd never burn $65 on a season pass for that crap.

Also, Loretta Lynn who?

Thats because your idea of fun is to be mad all day long....and to bash in old televisions with baseball bats.....not to feel the spirit of Dolly Parton, sucka!:laugh:

Thats because your idea of fun is to be mad all day long....and to bash in old televisions with baseball bats.....not to feel the spirit of Dolly Parton, sucka!:laugh:

you're right ... im .. straight. :smuggrin:

you're right ... im .. straight. :smuggrin:

This was never in question. It was just implied that you're lacking in sense of humour, personality and these things called feelings....:smuggrin:

:laugh:

This was never in question. It was just implied that you're lacking in sense of humour, personality and these things called feelings....:smuggrin:

:laugh:

just listening to dolly parton sure does require a sense of humour ... a personality ... oh and feelings too ... :rolleyes:

LOL! Did you guys get the email? I guess I got my pics I wanted!:laugh: I am totally into the hospital thing about the loan repayment/tuition reimbursement for working in the local hospitals. AWESOME!!! Sign me up!!! Just give me the most rural, underserved one and I'll take it! And if anyone wants to throw me a little money while I am in school for a commitment to work in the area, I'll take that too. I will (hopefully) be living in Mooresburg forever if I get this house, so anywhere that is commuting distance from there sounds perfect!:clap: :hardy:

BBQ at DoctorMom's ranch...

How about July 21 or 22 or July 28 or 29. Those are Saturdays and Sundays. What do y'all think?:)

BBQ at DoctorMom's ranch...

How about July 21 or 22 or July 28 or 29. Those are Saturdays and Sundays. What do y'all think?:)

speakin country already. ;)

LOL! Did you guys get the email? I guess I got my pics I wanted!:laugh: I am totally into the hospital thing about the loan repayment/tuition reimbursement for working in the local hospitals. AWESOME!!! Sign me up!!! Just give me the most rural, underserved one and I'll take it! And if anyone wants to throw me a little money while I am in school for a commitment to work in the area, I'll take that too. I will (hopefully) be living in Mooresburg forever if I get this house, so anywhere that is commuting distance from there sounds perfect!:clap: :hardy:

So do you only get the emails if you've sent in your check?