Quantcast
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

does dental hygiene can proceed for dental school?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

CuriouStuDENT

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hi! I was a Dentistry student in the Philippines. 3rd year out of 6 years. I was granted permanent residency here in Canada. I wanted to go back and finish my Dentistry but the education system is VERY different and I know that it would be very difficult for me if I finish there.

So now I'm planning to study Dental Hygiene here in Canada for 3 years I think.

Is it possible for me to go to Dental School then?

At of this time, I am 21 years old. I am quite anxious of my age. How old are you by the time you finished your DDM?

Please help. Thank you.

Typical Average Student

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yes, you may pursue dentistry with any bachelors degree or higher. Age isn't a factor, there are much older applicants, some in their 40s.

chrispyy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I was a Dentistry student in the Philippines. 3rd year out of 6 years. I was granted permanent residency here in Canada. I wanted to go back and finish my Dentistry but the education system is VERY different and I know that it would be very difficult for me if I finish there.

So now I'm planning to study Dental Hygiene here in Canada for 3 years I think.

Is it possible for me to go to Dental School then?

At of this time, I am 21 years old. I am quite anxious of my age. How old are you by the time you finished your DDM?

Please help. Thank you.
I graduated with my bachelor's in dental hygiene in 2010 and started dental school 2013. I worked two years a dental hygienist. I would not recommend doing hygiene first. Dental hygiene programs do not cover the pre reqs you need for dental school. During those two years i worked as a hygienist, I was doing a post bachelor program to fulfill my pre reqs for dental school. If you wanna save time, do a bio degree, or some type of degree that covers all the pre reqs you need. I was 22 when I graduated hygiene school and I was 24 when I started dental school. Now I'm a 3rd year dental student