This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

does dental hygiene can proceed for dental school?

  • YES

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

    Votes: 2 100.0%

  • Total voters
    2

CuriouStuDENT

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I was a Dentistry student in the Philippines. 3rd year out of 6 years. I was granted permanent residency here in Canada. I wanted to go back and finish my Dentistry but the education system is VERY different and I know that it would be very difficult for me if I finish there.

So now I'm planning to study Dental Hygiene here in Canada for 3 years I think.

Is it possible for me to go to Dental School then?

At of this time, I am 21 years old. I am quite anxious of my age. How old are you by the time you finished your DDM?

Please help. Thank you.
 
Hi! I was a Dentistry student in the Philippines. 3rd year out of 6 years. I was granted permanent residency here in Canada. I wanted to go back and finish my Dentistry but the education system is VERY different and I know that it would be very difficult for me if I finish there.

So now I'm planning to study Dental Hygiene here in Canada for 3 years I think.

Is it possible for me to go to Dental School then?

At of this time, I am 21 years old. I am quite anxious of my age. How old are you by the time you finished your DDM?

Please help. Thank you.
I graduated with my bachelor's in dental hygiene in 2010 and started dental school 2013. I worked two years a dental hygienist. I would not recommend doing hygiene first. Dental hygiene programs do not cover the pre reqs you need for dental school. During those two years i worked as a hygienist, I was doing a post bachelor program to fulfill my pre reqs for dental school. If you wanna save time, do a bio degree, or some type of degree that covers all the pre reqs you need. I was 22 when I graduated hygiene school and I was 24 when I started dental school. Now I'm a 3rd year dental student