This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I currently have an acceptance from TUCOM CA :soexcited: and my deposit will be due next week. However, I just interviewed at Touro Nevada, but we won't have a decision until two weeks AFTER the deposit is due.

I was wondering if asking for an extension from TUCOM CA and/or expedited review from Touro Nevada is possible. Are the schools friendly to such requests? If they are, should I just say that it's because I'm waiting on another school or should I lean on my financial reasons as the main reason?

And, yes, I've read a lot of threads where most users suggest shelling out the money. I'll put it down if I absolutely have to, but the deposit is a hefty $2000 so I thought I'd just ask around first.

Thank you!
At my schools, we don't do such things, and I can image either TUNCOM or Touro-CA doing it either. Really, you're asking to be skipped to the head of the line, or frankly to be a special snowflake.

Consider the deposit as insurance. You'll make it back in spades as a doctor.