Did anyone receive anything today?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got a call from UCLA for the interview!! Nov 4th.

Members don't see this ad.

For those who received interview from UCLA, do you mind telling me when you submitted your AADSAS? or which batch? Thanks....

5th batch. And turned in secondary near end of september.

Members don't see this ad :)
Alright!!

I got my University of Washington interview invite today. It is amazing I just submitted my secondary to the admissions director yesterday morning and BAMM!! I got an invite today in the mail. Amazing!!

:clap:

DesiDentist

I recieved a UW interview!!!!! December 9th is my interview date. Congrats teething on yours as well. You will have to tell me how yours goes. Good luck to ya.

the tooth fairy

Oh and desi congrats on your UW invite as well. Hope all goes well for you.

the tooth fairy

yeah, i set my interview up for next week...NOV. 7th .

Good luck to all UW interviewees...you should be proud to make it this far. Only 150 interviews are granted. So you have a pretty decent shot for the 50 or so seats.

DesiDentist

i got my AADSAS Acknowledgment Receipt Form

Hey DeltronZ,

congrats, the roller coaster is just climbing the hill right now. Just get ready for the ride. Anyways, do you mind letting us know what range you AADSAS # is? It'll give everyone a good estimate of applicants.

Good luck,

DesiDentist

I applied on oct 2nd and my number is around 4300. Deltroz let us know what is your number.

my number is 4713 and its dated at the top OCT 28 2002. express deliver my balls. I sent that express and its dated 10 days after.

question: are interviews a good sign that you will be admitted?

But when did you actually submitted the online application??

That gives us a good prediction: around 5,000 apps have been submitted. That is very good news for those who were told rumors that there are more. It is November and I can say there should be around 6,500 -7,500 apps this year. This is my prediction alone.

DesiDentist

Members don't see this ad :)
Conf88 ~ i sent in my app electronically on the 8th

when I called last week they said that they have received about 7000 applications, but when I called today someone told me that they are still in the 4000 range. So, what do we believe now.
What is the number of applications they received this time last year.

got UCLA interview for Nov 15th woo hoo!:clap:

I would believe that they are still in the 4,000 range. Peak season has ended. I think by mid november apps will start to slide and by Dec. 1 hopefully I won't have to care how many people applied this year. One more interview to go then I'm calling it quits until January. Hopefully, no more after this.

DesiDentist

Desi,

Calling it quits is good! I've been able to focus on my studies, my family, and myself! It is nice not to have to worry about admissions, for a change -- at least not until Dec. 1!

Gavin,

yeah, most of my peers are just starting the interview process. Some of them just sent in their AADSAS! From the get go my main goal was to have a deposit down and just be happy that I got in somewhere on December 1 so I can have six or so months of peace. I think it is well deserved after 4 years of hell.

DesiDentist

I just recieved an interview in the mail from UCSF! I was getting worried that UOP would be my only interview.

hi zippy,

how long since you submit your UCSF secondary to get the interview?

thanks

I just met with "teething" today!! He was getting ready to interview at the University of Washington School of Dentistry.

I wish him good luck, I got my interview on Thursday. Yikes.

DesiDentist

I sent my secondary to UCSF on Sept. 17th. It has been a long time but I finally I got an interview.

Today was a great day. I got BU and Temple interview invites. All prior to taking the DAT.

I got interview invite from Temple today in the mail. The letter is dated 10/30. And my AADSAS application just got to the school on 10/29 (in batch 13). Temple is working at the speed of light.
Tink

Congrats Tinker bell. After all your hard work I believe you will be a D1 next year for sure. Cheers.

DesiDentist

I got a interview invite from Harvard. My interview is on Dec 17.

WoW congradulations juan 7677!!!! that's great!
My ucla interview went ok... they asked me really hard questions and i had to actually think... oh well it's over. do u know how many they interview and how many they get??

Juan,

Congrats...let us all know how the 'Big - H' Interview goes. I know many people applied (not me) but only a select few get the opportunity. Good Luck

DesiDentist

Thanks Starbabe and Desi.

Starbabe,
I'm not sure how many they interview and accept. I asked my interviewers this question but they did not know. But their class size is about 85 to 90. By the way, my interview was pretty tough. I don't think I did so well but hopefully it was good enough.

Desi, thanks
Juan, congrats on the big H interview. Even I have 5 yrs of research experience and the publication list is long, I still don't have the gut to even apply there. I guess that "No gut, no glory"
Let us know how it goes.
I gues that we're gonna have a very merry christmas here.
Think Dec 1st and be happy
T

Juan 7677
me either i don't think i did that awsome on my interview they asked me really hard questions that i actually had to think.... and mine took an hour almost.... unlike the other 2 girls before me... who interviewed u? mine was Dr. Bob and Dr. law i really liked Dr. Bob he's such a cool guy!
SO where is your 1st choice by the way? did i ever see u at SC?

Hey Starbabe,

I'm not exactly sure what my top choice is but I do want to stay in cali. And since I only applied to 3 schools in california (UCLA, UOP, and USC), I guess my top 2 choices will be UCLA and UOP. I don't think USC's PBL is right for me. And I'm not sure if I saw you at the USC interview. There was alot of ppl there and since we got split off into groups, there is a chance that i missed you.

got Tuft interview today too!! :)

I got Nova secondary without bugging SuAnn, letter from BU & USC asking for money.
I got a tour at ucsf anatomy lab, seeing some head less dead bodies and some lone some half-heads.
Enough for the long weekend
T:eek:

I received a call from Arizona today. They gave me the choice of 2 interview dates. (nov 21st or 22nd). It looks like they are starting to interview. Has anyone else heard from them or have interviewed??

Has anyone received an interview invite at USC? I'm still waiting anxiously. Also, does anybody have any good information about USC? I don't really know too much about the program. Thanks!

Zippy,

Nice job with AZ! For flights, be sure to check out southwestairlines.com. They have flights from $29 each way to Phoenix, and it seems the majority of the US flies to Phoenix for under $120 roundtrip.

I got an interview invite from BU. :clap: It's scheduled 2/18/03
I'll call and try to get an earlier date.
Also 2 stinking midterms.
But not a bad day after all. Finally I get a chance to go see Boston museum of science.
T

i finally received my first interview invite - usc here i come! now hopefully those four other california schools will follow soon...

I got a U of detroit mercy interview today. Some schools sure take a long time going over applications. Good luck to everyone! December 1st is right around the corner!

hey gradms,

when did you send in your application... i was wondering how long detroit mercy took....im waiting to hear from them too!

I got a call about an interview at AZ last week. I haven't scheduled yet, but for those who have gone, how long does it take to get to the school from the airport? I think I am going to do a saturday interview so I don't have to miss anymore work. Also, how long is the interview?

Thanks!

I had a U of D interview late in October. I think they had all of my materials by mid August. I thought the school was pretty good. Lots of clinical experience, ok nice facilities.

Hey Mitwa-
My application was sent out in Mid June. I actually have a beef to pick with U of Detroit. I call them in August to check and see if my application is complete. And of course they say yes. All of a sudden in mid-october I start receiving letters stating that my application is still incomplete and they still need supplemental information and they weren't sure if I had taken some of the prerequired courses. I have no idea where they came up with their information. Anyway, last week I got an e-mail from them stating that everything has cleared up and I received an interview invite from them yesterday.

Got my first interview!! It's from Temple. I seriously doubt they even looked at my application because AADSAS mailed it out week of Nov 18th and the letter is dated Nov 21st. haha.

By the way, does anyone know the #interviewed/#accepted? Thanks.