Dissection internship opportunity advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yaya97

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My school has an internship program where we are given a chance to dissect a cadaver. I was just wondering whether you think that this might be a good thing to go out for to put on my app or not? I'm now in my last year and trying to see what else I can add on that will be beneficial over the next year. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Do it because you think it'll help your overall knowledge of anatomy or something. Or do it because it's interesting. Don't do it just to beef up your app.

Reactions: 1 user
Do it because you think it'll help your overall knowledge of anatomy or something. Or do it because it's interesting. Don't do it just to beef up your app.
Thanks! It's definitely something I'm interested in. Right now I'm just trying to kill two birds with one stone, but since it's my last year and I have a thousand other things going on, I also don't want to do something that won't help me. Don't know if that makes any sense...haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! It's definitely something I'm interested in. Right now I'm just trying to kill two birds with one stone, but since it's my last year and I have a thousand other things going on, I also don't want to do something that won't help me. Don't know if that makes any sense...haha
You should do it. I don't see any harm in putting it on your application, particularly if it's a graded internship. Regardless of that, it will benefit you immensely in dental school. I had the opportunity to take a summer cadaver lab and it made life a lot easier D1. There's a learning curve to gross anatomy lab and you learn a lot more the second go 'round.

You should do it. I don't see any harm in putting it on your application, particularly if it's a graded internship. Regardless of that, it will benefit you immensely in dental school. I had the opportunity to take a summer cadaver lab and it made life a lot easier D1. There's a learning curve to gross anatomy lab and you learn a lot more the second go 'round.
Absolutely this. One of the students in my dissection group got to dissect a cadaver in her masters program. She's so much more familiar with the body than anyone else in our group. It's definitely not necessary as everyone in my lab group is performing very well but it just makes it much easier.