You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Do DOs Have A Harder Time Getting Residencies?
Started by IWant2BeADoctor
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
So, Stringer Bell, you from Baltimore?
West Baltimore, to be precise.
___________________________________
Russell Bell, B&B Industries
CommanderRiker's ability to make a fool of himself is exceptional to say the least.
The Howard PCOM comparison was pure genius.

The Howard PCOM comparison was pure genius.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
C
CommanderRiker
CommanderRiker's ability to make a fool of himself is exceptional to say the least.
The Howard PCOM comparison was pure genius.![]()
![]()
No it wasn't pure genius, otherwise I'd be in M.D. school instead of P.C.O.M. despite a 31 M.C.A.T.
Riker-Alpha out. 😎
Cool, I am from east Baltimore
No it wasn't pure genius, otherwise I'd be in M.D. school instead of P.C.O.M. despite a 31 M.C.A.T.
Riker-Alpha out. 😎
Let's talk about that soured GPA, Commando ...

you're coming to PCOM!? BTW, never write P.C.O.M. again. I will roundhouse kick you in the mommy-daddy button. It's almost as bad as L I E I C I O I M. btw, i'm still unsure why an institution would want to name their school after a digustingly polluted great lake, but that's just me... i kid...
I thought it was btwn two other schools. Guess your last post confused me a bit.
I thought it was btwn two other schools. Guess your last post confused me a bit.
you're coming to PCOM!? BTW, never write P.C.O.M. again. I will roundhouse kick you in the mommy-daddy button. It's almost as bad as L I E I C I O I M. btw, i'm still unsure why an institution would want to name their school after a digustingly polluted great lake, but that's just me... i kid...
I thought it was btwn two other schools. Guess your last post confused me a bit.
I thought so, too. I can see it now: "I, Commando Riker, come in peace ..."

I thought so, too. I can see it now: "I, Commando Riker, come in peace ..."![]()
Don't you mean P.E.A.C.E.?

Don't you mean P.E.A.C.E.?![]()
A.F.F.I.R.M.A.T.I.V.E.
C.O.M.M.A.N.D.O. R.I.K.E.R. O.U.T.
This Stringer Bell man sounds like a smart guy. Good luck to him.
. . .
I think he'll do fine as long as he doesn't mess with Omar.
You will be spending many hours with your fellow residents and faculty ... working with each other and depending on each other. It is in the program director's best interest to rank people who can work together in a cohesive unit and make the work place a fun atmosphere ... not a bunch of socially inept Type A personalities with cephalo-caudal inversion syndrome.
wow...definitely made my day =D
C
CommanderRiker
Let's talk about that soured GPA, Commando ...![]()
Commander. It's Commander William T. Riker. Serial number Sc-231-427.
Which school are you going to, may I know?
Commander. It's Commander William T. Riker. Serial number Sc-231-427.
Which school are you going to, may I know?
Please don't tell me you're gonna go to P.C.O.M. identifying yourself as THAT!

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
C
CommanderRiker
Please don't tell me you're gonna go to P.C.O.M. identifying yourself as THAT!![]()
Which school are you going to?
Commander Riker...This is Captain Jean Luc Picard, I have traveled back in time and I'm operating incognito on a delicate mission for the Federation. I need you to cease sending sub-space messages to earth via this website. You are scarring everyone and you are in direct violation of the Prime Directive! If you do not stop, I will be forced to demote you to Yeoman and confine you to Lt. Commander Worf's love dungeon on the holodeck.😡
Commander. It's Commander William T. Riker. Serial number Sc-231-427.
Which school are you going to, may I know?
lmao i cant stop cracking up, commander please pull your pants up.
C
CommanderRiker
Dr.Inviz, what school are you going to?
No it wasn't pure genius, otherwise I'd be in M.D. school instead of P.C.O.M. despite a 31 M.C.A.T.
Riker-Alpha out. 😎
A 31 MCAT is rather average...
C
CommanderRiker
Dr.Inviz, what school are you going to?
Dr.Inviz?
Dr.Inviz?Dr.Inviz, what school are you going to?
Ahh, playing the old "Responding to my own comment, as an indicator of the other party's silence" card. To answer your question, Dr. Inviz's signature (Medical School Class of 2012) indicates that he is not yet attending medical school, nor will he be in the fall. He'll be applying this year, and I wish him luck at it. In a larger sense, though, Dr. Inviz was not challenging what school you were going to go to when he said...
Please don't tell me you're gonna go to P.C.O.M. identifying yourself as THAT!![]()
"THAT" is an indicator of you referring to yourself as "Serial Number Sc-231-427." In other words, please don't go to PCOM (or any other school) and walk around campus identifying yourself as such.
Look...everyone has an online persona. I doubt that "TheRealDrDorian" is either JD from Scrubs, nor the actor that portrays him, Zach Braff. Likewise, I am not Stringer Bell from the HBO Series The Wire, played with a deadly suaveness by actor Idris Elba. I am not nearly as handsome as he is, though I would venture a guess that my MCAT scores are higher than his. I would also venture a guess that you're neither Commander William T. Riker, nor actor Jonathan Frakes. If so, perhaps you should focus on entering a medical school class of 2361 (four years after Riker finishes at Starfleet Academy.)
Point being, however, that this thread has gotten way off base. It certainly is no longer informing me about whether or not DO's have a harder time getting residencies. Even when I tried to pull this thread back on course with a relevant discussion of participation in the Match, this thread continues to be a pissing contest on par with the Pre-Allo threads.
To paraphrase a less-tasteful online saying...
"Arguing online is like an eating contest. Even if you win, you're still full of ****."
To paraphrase a less-tasteful online saying...
"Arguing online is like an eating contest. Even if you win, you're still full of ****."
That statement sums up about 90% of the posts on SDN (especially MD vs. DO, or some varient of it).
👍
Ahh, playing the old "Responding to my own comment, as an indicator of the other party's silence" card. To answer your question, Dr. Inviz's signature (Medical School Class of 2012) indicates that he is not yet attending medical school, nor will he be in the fall. He'll be applying this year, and I wish him luck at it. In a larger sense, though, Dr. Inviz was not challenging what school you were going to go to when he said...
"THAT" is an indicator of you referring to yourself as "Serial Number Sc-231-427." In other words, please don't go to PCOM (or any other school) and walk around campus identifying yourself as such.
Look...everyone has an online persona. I doubt that "TheRealDrDorian" is either JD from Scrubs, nor the actor that portrays him, Zach Braff. Likewise, I am not Stringer Bell from the HBO Series The Wire, played with a deadly suaveness by actor Idris Elba. I am not nearly as handsome as he is, though I would venture a guess that my MCAT scores are higher than his. I would also venture a guess that you're neither Commander William T. Riker, nor actor Jonathan Frakes. If so, perhaps you should focus on entering a medical school class of 2361 (four years after Riker finishes at Starfleet Academy.)
Point being, however, that this thread has gotten way off base. It certainly is no longer informing me about whether or not DO's have a harder time getting residencies. Even when I tried to pull this thread back on course with a relevant discussion of participation in the Match, this thread continues to be a pissing contest on par with the Pre-Allo threads.
To paraphrase a less-tasteful online saying...
"Arguing online is like an eating contest. Even if you win, you're still full of ****."
umm...how do you know that?...
...can we say geek alert!!!umm...how do you know that?......can we say geek alert!!!
In the words of the really hot girl in my Endocrine clas...
"Wiki, baby!"
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 799