This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jenni_2017

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am a freshman at community college. I graduated high school with a GPA of 3.8. At the high school, I got a C in chemistry, then A in honors math classes such as algebra, geometry, Algebra II. My first semester at college I had taken the below courses so far. I will start my physics classes once I'm done with my calculus classes.
General bio honors- A
General Chemistry-A (this took soo much hard work)
General Chemistry lab-A
Pre-calculus-C :/

My problem is I'm not good at calculus. Since I'm not good at calculus, I choose to major in biochemistry and hopes to major in pharmacy. But they are asking Calc I, Calc II, which I'm pretty sure that my GPA will get killed. UC Irvine or UCSD won't accept me :/
I like chemistry and biology soo much and especially the chemistry lab class and I help even others in chemistry. But sadly, I'm bad at calculus. Should I lose the hope of going to medical field?

Please help me, I even got an orientation to the University link program at UCSD but my major in that program was bioengineering but I change it now to biochemistry to avoid calculus. I think UCSD do not know about that. If someone knows how to let them know my major change, that would be helpful plus should I change my major and lose hope of going to medical field?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: