Do I still have a chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Can I still turn things around?

• Yes

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters

Poodles29

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
A couple years ago I was dismissed from my university for poor grades
My GPA at that time was 0.96
I retook a few courses and came back to the University after spending a few semesters at community college. But I'm still struggling to keep up my grades. I've posted a copy of my grades and they say everything. But my dream is to become a physician. Can I still turn this around? Or am I finished? I won't be graduating until 2020 so I can still take more science courses to boost the GPA.
My state of residence is CA, and I'm Asian.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• my grades so far.png
    my grades so far.png
    364.8 KB · Views: 167
Yes but you need to fix what is leading you to Cs in bio courses

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
1. Believe in yourself. First step, kick out negativity. Failure (by our own standards) is okay, it gives us an opportunity to learn. Not trying is not.

2. Use your college/school resources for tutoring/etc. Do this as often and as much as you can (especially if it is free).

3. Try different methods for studying (this is critical). You may be visual, auditory, physical, a combination of both, etc. This is huge for success in any program. Do you need to draw concepts out to understand them? Do you need to physically manipulate them to understand concepts? Do you need to make yourself cards and do repetition? Do you need to make mnemonics for concepts? Use the resources around you and put in the effort now to figure out what learning style works for you to become successful.

4. If it is laziness (not trying to offend you since I do not know your situation) then you need to kick this out of your life and bust your ass if you really want this.

Rinse and repeat until you get the desired effect.

Cheers and good luck.