Does it matter where you complete Post-Bacc classes for Pre-Dental?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

oceanicvibe

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,

Does it really matter where you complete your dental pre-reqs for dental school so long as they are completed at a 4-year institution?

For example: If I'm interested in attending Tufts School of Dental Medicine, would I be a more enticing applicant if I completed their post-bacc program?

I just finished undergrad and am currently trying to decide whether or not I should apply to post-bacc programs of schools I would like to attend (which aren't pay-out-of-pocket cheap) versus, for example, an in-state rated public state (not as well-known) 4-year institution, that IS affordable without taking out a loan/loans.

I am in the very beginning stages of the pre-dental process.

Thanks everyone.