Does medical schools accepts students that graduated from Somalia (least Developed Country)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rhyghtman

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Specifically in China.

Other question please (if u have spare time)

Let's say they accepted it, and after several years, somehow I ended up in a foreign country (with the help of working visa), where i'm in the middle of a job interview. Would the employers think, "......Although he graduated from China, I'm not sure if he would be that reliable since he came from such country....."

I really wanna know if I'm studying here for nothing.

Any information would be appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

From what I have read, I will say that medical schools prefer that international applicants have completed some of their undergraduate education at an accredited U.S. or Canadian institution. At the very least, you will likely be required to take an exam such as TOEFL to prove English competency. AAMC cited an acceptance rate of a little over 20% for international applicants during 2014. Compare that to approximately 45-50% for U.S. applicants. So, in other words, it definitely is possible, although it is statistically much harder than applying as a U.S. applicant. Keep in mind this is just considering allopathic admission data as well. I would advise you to check out "Applying as an International Applicant" on the AAMC website, as well as individual med school admission policies on the MSAR. Best of luck!

Al
From what I have read, I will say that medical schools prefer that international applicants have completed some of their undergraduate education at an accredited U.S. or Canadian institution. At the very least, you will likely be required to take an exam such as TOEFL to prove English competency. AAMC cited an acceptance rate of a little over 20% for international applicants during 2014. Compare that to approximately 45-50% for U.S. applicants. So, in other words, it definitely is possible, although it is statistically much harder than applying as a U.S. applicant. Keep in mind this is just considering allopathic admission data as well. I would advise you to check out "Applying as an International Applicant" on the AAMC website, as well as individual med school admission policies on the MSAR. Best of luck!

I understand. Thanks for your reply.