Does Texas have the lowest tuition rates?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iqe2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Medical School tuition in Texas ranges only 12 to 15k per year. But I'm pretty sure that's minus living expenses, books, etc. But that's still incredibly cheap compared to the 40k/year stories you see all the time. Texas may be a hot state, but it's also a cheap state lol from college tuition to food/gas prices. I love it here!

Are there any other states that have low (in-state) tuition rates like this?

Members don't see this ad.

Medical School tuition in Texas ranges only 12 to 15k per year. But I'm pretty sure that's minus living expenses, books, etc. But that's still incredibly cheap compared to the 40k/year stories you see all the time. Texas may be a hot state, but it's also a cheap state lol from college tuition to food/gas prices. I love it here!

Are there any other states that have low (in-state) tuition rates like this?

tx medical schools i would think is the lowest. and cheap cost of living as well :thumbup::thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
The joys of being a Texas resident. Now I just have to get into a school...

Don't you just love Texas! I took a trip to Washington D.C. with my family and just got back yesterday. Gas there was $4.99 compared to the $3.49 in Texas! No way in hell I'd ever stay up north!

Plus we have the TMC in Houston which is amazing.

The Texas sun stings likes a b!#ch in the summer. Except that, EVERYTHING is damn awesome in Texas!

Very true. I'm digging this significantly cooler weather here in Chitown. I think in Dallas they're up to ~40 days straight of 100+ temperatures. :eek:

Yeah, it's been around 100 for the last few days here as well. The summer's here aren't usually this bad. Some crazy extreme weather. If last year was a good indication, I'm hoping for a blizzard this winter.:D

The Texas sun stings likes a b!#ch in the summer. Except that, EVERYTHING is damn awesome in Texas!

This is why A/C, Sno-cones, and sunblock were invented.

I saw a story on the news last night about air conditioning units being stolen, in broad daylight, from the sides of houses in Texas... The heat is driving people mad apparently.

Don't you just love Texas! I took a trip to Washington D.C. with my family and just got back yesterday. Gas there was $4.99 compared to the $3.49 in Texas! No way in hell I'd ever stay up north!

3.99 and for 93/high maybe... Anyways D.C is hardly North.

Lol Gas is Oklahoma is 3.21 on average. But the medical schools here, (both M.D. at OU and D.O. at OSU) are rather expensive. Just regular schooling at one of these universities cost around $16k not including living and food or if you party, then party expenses. (Good perk for being me is I rarely party. $$$$!!!) :cool:

I live in Texas and my car a/c is broken. And my car has leather interior. Costs 1600 to fix. My car is like routinely 120 degrees.

Very true. I'm digging this significantly cooler weather here in Chitown. I think in Dallas they're up to ~40 days straight of 100+ temperatures. :eek:

I take it you haven't experienced winter in Chicago? Enjoy freezing your face off for 5 months of the year.