Does UNECOM inform you of an acceptance at your interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shenningdo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am interviewing at UNECOM on Tuesday, and in preparation I have been reading the feedback and doing some research. I have the impression from a few sources now that UNCEOM lets you know at the end of the your interview day. Does anyone know if this is true?

Members don't see this ad.

Nope... 2 years ago they emailed you about a week after, but they even stopped doing that last year. You end up waiting 2 (or so) weeks. Congrates on getting your interview, UNE's a great school, and Maine in Beautiful right now.

jonb12997 said:
Nope... 2 years ago they emailed you about a week after, but they even stopped doing that last year. You end up waiting 2 (or so) weeks. Congrates on getting your interview, UNE's a great school, and Maine in Beautiful right now.

Thank you so much for the quick response! Two weeks is well worth it for a school like UNCEOM!

Members don't see this ad :)
misparas said:
See you on Tuesday! I'm excited!

I am so excited! I cannot wait. See you Tuesday...

Good Luck you guys.

Don't be too nervous. The interview is really relaxed and layed back. Be yourself (unless your a total weirdo) and you will be fine.

Last year, I got a letter of acceptance. But as Jon said... you will know fairly soon. Just ask the adcom staff (James or Lisa) when the committee will meet to decide.

shenningdo said:
I am interviewing at UNECOM on Tuesday, and in preparation I have been reading the feedback and doing some research. I have the impression from a few sources now that UNCEOM lets you know at the end of the your interview day. Does anyone know if this is true?

I interviewed at UNECOM last year in December 1st week and got acceptance email within 8 days, followed by the official letter.
Good luck.

:D :luck:
Hey my fellow interviewees, I can't believe this Tuesday we'll be at UNE interviewing! This is so exciting! Hopefully we all receive acceptance e-mails within the couple weeks of our interviews. I know I'll be checking my e-mail and snail mailboxes like a fiend. Where are you all staying? I'm staying with my friend who is a 2nd year at UNE. I plan on being in the area around 6 or 7pm. There are some great restaraunts in Portland. PM me if you are interested. Cheers! Happy travels.

fozziewan said:
:D :luck:
Hey my fellow interviewees, I can't believe this Tuesday we'll be at UNE interviewing! This is so exciting! Hopefully we all receive acceptance e-mails within the couple weeks of our interviews. I know I'll be checking my e-mail and snail mailboxes like a fiend. Where are you all staying? I'm staying with my friend who is a 2nd year at UNE. I plan on being in the area around 6 or 7pm. There are some great restaraunts in Portland. PM me if you are interested. Cheers! Happy travels.

I am so excited about this interview. My mom is coming up with me since I do not enjoy driving all that much. We will be in the area by dinner time as well! Safe travels to all!

Hi Guys:
Looks like I'll be seeing you all up at UNECOM on Tuesday...I actually spent this past summer at UNECOM working in the pharmacology lab of Dr. Ed Bilsky as a research fellow and I will tell you, UNECOM is a GREAT place to go to med school. The faculty are really nice (and might I say throw some WILD research parties :eek: ). I am so psyched about going back and saying hi to everyone I met up there... It is my number one choice for med school, as I've heard a lot of you guys mention.

I'm staying at the Hampton Inn in Saco...I'm arriving Monday evening after I get out of Quantum lab :rolleyes: Monday morning. Anyone want to perhaps meet up for dinner or something along those lines the night before the interview. I'm surely up for that.

Let me know...

Good luck to you all on Tuesday ;)

Regards,

Ryan M. Smith.

RyanS32122 said:
Hi Guys:
Looks like I'll be seeing you all up at UNECOM on Tuesday...I actually spent this past summer at UNECOM working in the pharmacology lab of Dr. Ed Bilsky as a research fellow and I will tell you, UNECOM is a GREAT place to go to med school. The faculty are really nice (and might I say throw some WILD research parties :eek: ). I am so psyched about going back and saying hi to everyone I met up there... It is my number one choice for med school, as I've heard a lot of you guys mention.

I'm staying at the Hampton Inn in Saco...I'm arriving Monday evening after I get out of Quantum lab :rolleyes: Monday morning. Anyone want to perhaps meet up for dinner or something along those lines the night before the interview. I'm surely up for that.

Let me know...

Good luck to you all on Tuesday ;)

Regards,

Ryan M. Smith.

Hey Ryan,
Steve here. Ri Ra's in Portland is nice. I went there last summer with some friends when I was up visiting. I do not know of any place in the immediate Saco/Biddeford area. Any suggestions? I'm game for anything really. I'd like to meet up with any of us Tuesday folks. PM me!
Cheers,
Steve F. :luck:

I'll be staying at the Hampton Inn as well. I'll be there 2 nights. I probably won't be there until 11 on monday night. I'm flying into portland. I'll be great to see you all there.

misparas said:
I'll be staying at the Hampton Inn as well. I'll be there 2 nights. I probably won't be there until 11 on monday night. I'm flying into portland. I'll be great to see you all there.

Hey-

I am staying at the Hampton Inn in Saco as well. I am planning to arrive between 6-7 pm, going to the school to make sure I know where I am going in the morning, and then back to the hotel for some last minute research/preparation. I am so excited; Maine is beautiful, the school is amazing, and I feel so lucky to be interviewing there. I wish you all luck, and I cannot wait to meet you all!

See you soon
-Shannon

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Guys:
Ya, there are a lot of little nice places around Biddeford/Saco/Scarboro area...while I was there this past summer as a research fellow, I always opted for the cheap burger joint because, after application fees, I am very low on cash (even though I work 3 jobs...well, that's another story!). I'm up for suggesting a few if you guys want to meet up tonight. I can also (if you've never gone to the school) tell you the quickest way to get there. I'm also happy to drive anyone from a nearby hotel to the school and back on interview day...I drive a huge Buick so it's no problem :cool:

So if any of you guys would like to meet up somewhere for dinner or something along those lines or need a ride from an area hotel, just let me know. That would be great!

-Let me know.

Ryan.

Hi Guys,

HOw did it go today.

docbill said:
Hi Guys,

HOw did it go today.
Brilliantly well! I really enjoyed being there. My interviewer was very cool, laid back and best of all the biochem professor who's teaching the distance learning course I'm taking from UNE. Find out in 4-6weeks their decision.
It was great to meet up with some people from here and put screenames to faces. Good luck to everyone!
Cheers,
Steve :luck: :D

That is excellent Steve. The bioch prof was also my interviewer last year. He was supper nice and no difficult questions. I felt as if he was just talking to me, nothing like an interview. At NSUCOM, the interview was like a trial. Why this.. .why that... hmmmm one of them grinning at me.... then continuing with why osteo.. why do you enjoy working with people rather then mice. etc.. etc..

Good Job, hopefuly soon we can start the class of 2010 thread :)

What is UNE's average numbers? I have a secondary but have yet to decide if I'm going to send it in. Money is tight so I'm being stingy with the secondaries for now.

Better yet.. go to the source.

Class 2009 stats:

http://www.une.edu/com/admissions/criteria.asp

Academic Requirements

Following are the scholastic requirements for admission, followed by recent averages

• Ninety semester hours or 75 percent credit toward a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.

• A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.7 in both elective and required subjects. The average GPA for the class of 2009 (entering August 2005) is 3.37.

• Satisfactory completion of the following courses, including laboratory:
- Eight semester hours (credits) of biology

- Four semesters (generally 16 credits) of chemistry
Biochemistry is required for matriculation, but candidates are encouraged to submit an application if currently enrolled or to be enrolled in biochemistry during the fall semester.

UNECOM offers both a Distance Medical Biochemistry course and Organic Chemistry distance education course. To find out more about these courses, visit the Distance Education homepage.

- Eight semester hours (credits) of physics

- One year (generally 8 credits) of English composition and literature

• Satisfactory completion of the New Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT), taken within the last two years. The minimum MCAT score is 18 with M on the writing sample. The average MCAT score for the class of 2009 (entering August 2005) is 25.2.

docbill said:
Hi Guys,

HOw did it go today.

The school is awesome! I would love to get in. The surrounding area is beautiful! The interviews were very comfortable and pleasant. The students seem happy and the admissions folks are great! I would recommend UNECOM to anyone.

That is great. I am sure UNECOM wants only those who feel that way to attend.

Did they mention how long it will be? 2-3 weeks? Even that is pretty soon. Think, early October is not so bad. Before we know it it will be Dec and then Mar, then Aug.1.2006 AHHHHH!!!! :scared:

They actually said that they are changing the process a bit, and it will be 4-6 weeks before we find out.

I think they want to see more of the applicant pool before they start sending out acceptances.

Hi All:
Sorry it's been so long since the interview and I'm just posting now. The interview is just what my 'buds' above who I met at UNECOM this past Tuesday have said it was...very laid back, and overall a really positive experience. The questions you are asked are really grared towards wanting to get to know you as an individual rather than pushing you into a corner with wacky questions. The biggest selling point of UNE, other than the great faculty, research, facilities, and students, is the ocean...when I was there this past summer on my pharm fellowship, I would bring my laptop out to the dock and sit there are do apps...it is SO beautiful and tranquil.

If anyone has questions about the interviewing there or how to get there, etc., let me know. ...now to deal with my other 5 interviews that I have so far...!!!

Regards,

Ryan.