Dog Sanctuary WW Game Official Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StartingoverVet

Flight Instructor for hire
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
In a utopian world there exists a dog sanctuary, where dogs of all groups and breeds have come, abandoning their owners who are in class all day, and always study rather than play. Here, there is kibble everywhere, prey to chase (but not kill - please don't complain to PETA), warm beds, streams, and toys, toys, toys. Life is blissful.

In the wild, the dogs are slowly losing their instincts. They are not as curious and vigilant as they should be. This is where we pick up our story.....

Heylodeb, the minpin, is playing with DVMdream the Cavalier King Chales Spaniel when they hear the most heartrending scream in the distance. DVM looks at Heylo and runs as fast and as far away from the noise as possible. HeyloDeb runs into sturdy the Alaskan Malamute Dyachei, literally. "Wow, little one," Dyachei says, where are you going so fast. Gasping for air, Heylodeb explains about the scream they heard in the distance. Dyachei calmly plods forward saying, "No need to worry, I will investigate."

Heylo and DVM arrive back in the clearing where most of the dogs are gathered, and pretty soon there is such a loud commotion that everyone has gathered. Everyone but two dogs. After a short while, Dyachei returns back to the clearing as well. In his mouth, he seems to be carrying a little duiker (deer) in its mouth.

As Dyachei reaches the center, the dogs start howling as they see, Dino, the Italian Greyhound hanging dead from his mouth. "What happened?" screams squirrelsrule the little Boston Terrier. Did he fall? "No," Dyachei replies, "He was attacked!"
"Impossible" says Chebanse the greyhound,"the only one who runs faster than Dino is me, and I have been sleeping all day in the sun as usual. "

"Maybe someone ate him," says Maddiegirl the chubby Lab (well aren't they always?)... Krist, the GSD, who never passed up a meal replied "Impossible, there isn't enough fat on Dino to feed a mouse."

Dyachei drops Dino on the ground, and the accusations start to fly. The Toy dogs are terrified that they might be next and go off to the side, the herding dogs, led by nyanko, tried to push them back to the center, but WhtstheFreq, the mountain cur ,fights back. Mayhem is breaking out.

Suddenly PSILovethomas, Dino's best friend, starts barking loudly and everyone shuts up in deference to his loss. He walks up to Dino and starts to sniff him. "Wait a second", the chihuahua says commandingly, "this fur, it isn't Dino's and it isn't Dyachei's!" Everyone crowds around and LissaRae sniffs carefully and declares "This is WOLF FUR". Chaos again breaks out amongst the group..

Graduatedly, jumps up on a stump, and screams "THIS MUST STOP!." When the din dies down he continues "We must all hang together, or we will all most certainly hang separately. I think we need to go back to the old ways. Let's become a pack again, let's have an Alpha dog, and a few other leaders to tell us what to do. Then we can identify these vicious wolves, and maul them."

There were a few growls and barks and it was decided. The dogs gathered in small groups, with others who were most like themselves and they discussed amongst themselves who they should choose as leaders. It was a long and cold night for the first time in a long time in the sanctuary.

The groups they separated into are as follows:

Sporting Group
1- Katie8 (Vizsla)
2- Maddiegirl (Lab)
3- Graduatedly (Weimaraner)
4- LMMS (Flat Coated Retriever)

Hound Group
1-Lissarae06 (Bloodhound)
2- WhtsThFrequency (Mountain Cur)
3-Chebanse (greyhound)
4- Sheepdogpsu (Irish Wolfhound)

Working Group
1- dyachei (Alaskan Malamute)
2- Nordicat (Mutt - until the DNA tests come back)
3- jemappellejane (Newfoundland)
4- cuitlamiztli (Siberian Husky)

Toy Group
1- Heylodeb (Min Pin)
2- DVMDream (Cavalier King Charles Spaniel)
3- StormWater (Yorkie)
4 - Psilovethomas (chihuahua)
5) -Dino (Italian Greyhound)

Terrier Group
1- devyn (Staffordshire Bull Terrier)
2- that redhead (Miniature Bull Terrier)
3- zoovet (Black Russian Terrier)
4-squirrelsrule (Boston Terrier)

Herding Group
1- krist (GSD)
2-twelvetigers (Pembroke Welsh corgi)
3-nyanko (Australian Shepherd)
4- sooprnova (Australian Cattle Dog)

It is day 1: Your job is to elect one Alpha Dog and 3 "Beta" Dogs. The Alpha Dog and Beta Dogs will be able to communicate with each other (PM), even though they are not in the same Group so they can pass on what they have learned from their individual groups. Certain powers may be lost though as a leader (strong powers will be lost or past on, weaker "nascent" powers most likely will be retained, so it can be risky to be elected. Wolves might also be elected leader, so be careful. Leaders may gain certain other powers (or not). Leaders are expected to be more forthcoming with information than regular members of the pack. If leaders do not participate actively they may be kicked out of their leadership roles by the moderator who does not like the fact that an IG was sacrificed to start the game.

The top vote getter will be alpha dog. Only 1 player from each group may be a leader, so the next 3 unique vote getters will become leaders. Leaders cannot decline the role if elected (but please be aware of school and job commitments). You cannot vote for any player in your group! Please vote for someone in another group. Post your votes in bold on this thread... i.e. Elect SOV

Election ends Friday at 9:30pm EST or until everyone has voted (or DNN - doggie news network- projects the winners with certainty).

Good Luck to all.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
*yaps excitedly and accidentally pees on the floor*

I received the following question which I will answer for everyone on the thread here.

Could you give me a brief overview of how to play the game. I am just a little lost. Thanks!!! ;)

Some of the players are wolves. Regular pack members, like you, do not know who the wolves are.

The wolves know each other, and will plot together and choose to KILL one player each night. Game over for that player.

During the day all of the players get to vote to maul one other player and kill them. You are hoping to maul one of the wolves, but you aren't sure who the wolves are. A lot of innocent dogs will probably be mauled. The player MAULED is out of the game.

Some players have roles where they can do things to help the pack, or help the wolves. What all the roles are in this game is not known by anyone but me.

You can discuss strategy with other members of your group via PM. This is a nice private way to try to learn and pass info. But you never know if anyone in your group is a wolf or is telling the truth.

You can post messages on the thread with information, but too much information and you may get killed. Too little and innocents may be killed.

The key is to slowly learn who to trust and who not to. You will have to figure out that on your own.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think I have enough time to be the alpha wolf but maybe I could swing a beta wolf. That is, if you guys want me :D

FYI: The major role of the alphas and betas is to be able to communicate with each other and then hopefully, back to their groups. They will be PMing more than the typical player, I assume. A lot will depend on how much their own group members decide to share with them.

There will be one or two role adjustments depending on who is elected, but if you are looking for some amazing new power... that is not really the point.

I have received a couple more procedural questions...

**On voting and mauling(lynching):
Everyone (if able) will post their vote to Elect (today) or Maul (every day after today) on this thread in bold for everyone to see by 9:30EST. You can only elect someone from another group, but you can vote to maul anybody (even yourself).

** individual voting
Your decision who to Maul is a personal one, it is NOT decided by the group as a whole. Vote what you think is best for the pack and/or your personal survival.

**on posting
You may post on this thread whenever you want(if able), discussing whatever you want, but votes will only be tabulated during the DAY time.

**on PMing.
You can PM anyone in your group at anytime that you are able. You may never PM someone in another group unless you are an alpha, a beta, or a wolf. Alphas and betas can PM each other but not other non-group members. Wolves can only PM other wolves.

I vote to elect DVMDream as an alpha....

Elect LMMS
(Do we need to vote 4 times? One alpha and 3 betas?)

Members don't see this ad :)
Elect Psilovethomas

elect DVMDream

...i'm just going with it?

we can vote for people from our group, right?

Vote Tally:
DVMDream 3
LMMS 1
WTF 1
PSILoveThomas 1 <= we are going to have to shorten your name.

Polls stay open until 9:30PM EST or until DNN projects the winners. Right now it is "too close to call", although we hear reports that DVM's campaign staff is optimistically ordering doggy bubbly.

Maddiegirl the chubby Lab (well aren't they always?)...

Ouch! That kind of talk will get your shoes peed on! ;)

As soon as I figure out how to post a video you can see my not chubby lab running on the treadmill.

Reactions: 1 user
DVMDream 3 (heylodeb, zoovet, maddiegirl)
LMMS 1 (jemapellejane,
WTF 1 (krist)
PSILoveThomas 1 (katie8)
Nyanko 1 (stormwater)

Polls stay open until 9:30PM EST or until DNN projects the winners. Right now it is "too close to call", with 17 precincts not yet reporting. Less than 10 hours. If we finish early, we can get an early start on the first night, and maybe get results out tonight!

DVMDream 3 (heylodeb, zoovet, maddiegirl)
LMMS 3 (jemapellejane, nordicat, cuitl..)
WTF 2 (krist,TT)
PSILoveThomas 1 (katie8)
Nyanko 1 (stormwater)
Heylodeb 1 (sooprnova)

Polls stay open until 9:30PM EST or until DNN projects the winners. Right now it is "too close to call", with almost 1/2 of the results in. 8ish hours left. If we finish early, we can get an early start on the first night, and maybe get results out tonight!

Damn folks! Thanks for the votes!! And SOV - Was I asleep in a corner last night? Or perhaps watching the chaos from afar with a large squeaky toy?? **Gives moderator a questionable look down her snout.**

Elect WTF

He said we couldn't vote for people in our groups :( LAME

No. I don't want everyone just voting for their own groups. Take a chance! Live a little. Mingle with dogs of different economic and cultural backgrounds.

Noooo he said he didn't want people ONLY voting for their own group, you silly :p But its ok. I have squirrels to tree!!!! *BAWLS* Rooroorooroooroooooooo!!

IMAG004.JPG

Damn folks! Thanks for the votes!! And SOV - Was I asleep in a corner last night? Or perhaps watching the chaos from afar with a large squeaky toy?? **Gives moderator a questionable look down her snout.**

Elect WTF
Maybe you were doing the attacking! :scared: :smuggrin:

can I ask everyone that wasn't at the big outburst scene last night to give their alibis?
...are we allowed to do that?

To clarify..... The first post in this thread had the names of the participants randomly selected. There have been no actions by anyone in this game yet except to vote in this election. The use of player's names was purely for entertainment purposes to set the mood for the game. Sorry if that caused any confusion.

I love your enthusiasm to dissect what happened, but really, you have to wait until tonight for things to get going (when the names will be used only where appropriate).

Well, since I can't elect someone in my group:
UNELECT DVMDream
ELECT WTF

Y U no like me :(

I've never been a Mayor/Alpha in all my WW games. WANT!

Elect WTF.

Crap, gotta change avatar.
You dogs are really a lot to handle. Oh vey!
So no one is supposed to vote for anyone in their own group.
I would like to make one modification to that rule.

PLAYERS CAN VOTE FOR THEMSELVES!

I think it is important for us to know who really wants to be involved.

So WTF can vote for herself. Sorry Lissa, you still cannot vote for WTF.
(Why does that make me feel guilty?)

DVMDream 3 (zoovet, maddiegirl,thatredhead)
LMMS 3 (jemapellejane, nordicat, cuitl..)
WTF 6(krist,TT,WTF,LMMS,sheepdogspu,heylodeb)
PSILoveThomas 2(katie8)
Nyanko 2(stormwater,DVMDream)
Heylodeb 1 (sooprnova)

Polls stay open until 9:30PM EST or until DNN projects the winners. Right now it is "too close to call", with over 2/3of the results in. Less than hours left. If we finish early, we can get an early start on the first night, and maybe get results out tonight!

Nevermind then. Unelect WTF. Elect DVMDream

You feel guilty because WTF is awesome and should have all the votes lol. And I was just joking about LMMS doing the attacking.