Don't forget to send out your fall grades...

Started by lailanni
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lailanni

c/o 2012
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Some schools require your fall grades. I know some of my schools have them due the first week of January. Check to make sure so you don't miss a deadline.

So don't forget to send them out! It's too easy to get distracted with the holidays and forget : )

Have a good one!
 
Thanks for the reminder! I sent mine out while I was still at school, but I know CSU has a 1/8 deadline. I was told mine might not make it, so I'm going to have to email them anyway.

I sent all my fall grades out to every school, regardless of whether or not they specifically asked for it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sent mine today! Yay more money! lol

Haha - you're telling me! Luckily, it's only $3 to send from my undergrad. I studied abroad at a school, though, and it was $6/transcript, and I needed to rush two of them (an extra $24 each). So far I've spent $108 on transcripts, which I think is completely ridiculous.

That being said, I think the abroad institution (so many problems with them, which is why I had to freaking expedite the transcripts) forgot to charge me for some of them, so it might be less, but it's still crazy.
 
This keeps freaking me out. I have no fall transcripts as I'm not in school anymore, but I keep feeling like there's something I ought to be doing!

(Oh--and I'm not sure how this happened, since I had transcripts from 4 different schools, two of which seems to delight in charging for every single thing while I was there--but all of my transcripts were free. All of them! Crazy, eh?)
 
Some schools require your fall grades. I know some of my schools have them due the first week of January.

WTF? Now that it's past friday night, my school is closed for the holidays and won't be open until AFTER New Year's. And all of my grades have not yet been posted. Wonderful.

Would anyone be super helpful and list the deadlines for fall grades of schools if they happen to know them? I believe Cornell, Minnesota, and Tufts does not require them. Tennessee does, but didn't give a deadline.
 
WTF? Now that it's past friday night, my school is closed for the holidays and won't be open until AFTER New Year's. And all of my grades have not yet been posted. Wonderful.

Would anyone be super helpful and list the deadlines for fall grades of schools if they happen to know them? I believe Cornell, Minnesota, and Tufts does not require them. Tennessee does, but didn't give a deadline.

I know CSU said something about how you can send them an unofficial transcript (which most students can access through their schools intranet system that they use to register/check grades/etc.) if you feel that your official one won't arrive in time for the deadline. I'm sure you'd be ok if you called the schools you're applying to and asked about what to do if fall grades aren't posted in time for their deadline.

Also, deadlines are really something that you can look up. Which would certainly be easier than someone else going through all of the schools and their deadlines to see if they hit upon the ones that you applied to.
 
So I've compiled a list - please add on:

Cornell - does not require them, but I sent them anyway (but I think they'll have their decision made by then, regardless)

CSU - requires them by 1/8/08. If your school cannot get them in by then it is OK to send unofficial grades as long as the official transcript comes afterwards

Illinois - requires them by 1/31/08. They will not play a factor in interview invites

Minnesota - does not require them

OSU - does not require them, but I sent them anyway (still haven't been asked for an interview, so hopefully they'll be good!)

Penn - does not require them, but I sent them anyway

Tennessee - requires them, but no deadline indicated

Tufts - does not require them


****for the schools that "do not require" fall grades, that just means I couldn't explicitly find anything about it on their website, so I just played it safe and sent them anyway.
 
Also, deadlines are really something that you can look up. Which would certainly be easier than someone else going through all of the schools and their deadlines to see if they hit upon the ones that you applied to.

I don't really agree with schools posting the deadlines up front. I have found that schools have clearly said "we need transcripts by x/x/08" but none of the schools I have applied to have explicitly stated "we do not need fall transcripts" and some of the websites are horrendous and I would not be surprised if I just didn't happen to navigate my way to the page that has the transcript deadlines on it.
 
I don't really agree with schools posting the deadlines up front. I have found that schools have clearly said "we need transcripts by x/x/08" but none of the schools I have applied to have explicitly stated "we do not need fall transcripts" and some of the websites are horrendous and I would not be surprised if I just didn't happen to navigate my way to the page that has the transcript deadlines on it.

Well, maybe. Like I said, it didn't apply to me, so I didn't go searching for the info. Seems like a phone call could determine the answer, though. (I'm a pain and call whenever I have a question. Most schools are really nice about it, though. 🙂)
 
Well, maybe. Like I said, it didn't apply to me, so I didn't go searching for the info. Seems like a phone call could determine the answer, though. (I'm a pain and call whenever I have a question. Most schools are really nice about it, though. 🙂)

Haha - I completely hear you about the calling issue! I have left certain schools so many messages that it's a bit ridiculous. I'd like to think that I only called concerning important matters and that they're not like "oh she's on the phone again?"
 
So I've compiled a list - please add on:

Cornell - does not require them, but I sent them anyway (but I think they'll have their decision made by then, regardless)

CSU - requires them by 1/8/08. If your school cannot get them in by then it is OK to send unofficial grades as long as the official transcript comes afterwards

Illinois - requires them by 1/31/08. They will not play a factor in interview invites

Minnesota - does not require them

OSU - does not require them, but I sent them anyway (still haven't been asked for an interview, so hopefully they'll be good!)

Penn - does not require them, but I sent them anyway

Tennessee - requires them, but no deadline indicated

Tufts - does not require them


****for the schools that "do not require" fall grades, that just means I couldn't explicitly find anything about it on their website, so I just played it safe and sent them anyway.


Buried in Penn's FAQ:
"19) Are Fall transcripts from the application year required?
Yes. Have your Fall transcripts sent as soon as grades are available."
 
Buried in Penn's FAQ:
"19) Are Fall transcripts from the application year required?
Yes. Have your Fall transcripts sent as soon as grades are available."

Good find! I cant believe I missed that one - Penn has one of the better websites (in fact, I'd venture to say it is the best website of the schools I've applied to).
 
I don't really agree with schools posting the deadlines up front. I have found that schools have clearly said "we need transcripts by x/x/08" but none of the schools I have applied to have explicitly stated "we do not need fall transcripts" and some of the websites are horrendous and I would not be surprised if I just didn't happen to navigate my way to the page that has the transcript deadlines on it.

I agree, some of the websites are so awful. I've spent the last hour trying to figure out which of my schools require transcripts.

To my understanding (which is just sketchy at the moment)

WA state - requires a transcript, they don't use it for the initial eval but do use it in the final eval.

Oregon State - under one transcript section, it does not mention it at all. Under a timeline section, it does. I'll be calling them...

Oklahoma State - terrible website. I have no idea. Anyone else?

CSU - from an e-mail earlier in November, fall grades are not required. They will still look at your app without them. But if you want them seen, they have to be there in early January - and you can fax them. I believe the date is Jan 8, but don't quote me.

And since Monday is Christmas Eve, Tuesday is Christmas, I suppose I'm not going in touch with any admin people until Wednesday.
 
Also,

Auburn -- will request your Fall transcripts if they want them. Otherwise, don't send them.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
CSU - from an e-mail earlier in November, fall grades are not required. They will still look at your app without them. But if you want them seen, they have to be there in early January - and you can fax them. I believe the date is Jan 8, but don't quote me.

My email from CSU in November:

"If you are enrolled in courses for fall 2007, your fall 2007 term grades must be received in the Office of the Dean at the College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical sciences, Colorado State University, by January 08, 2008 to be considered with your application."

So be sure to send them!

And, back to complaining about the websites for a little bit - there are some sites that I swear it's like a treasure hunt and the pages move themselves around so you have to click on the link when the planets are aligned in order to get to the secret page with the information you need. This is a big pet peeve of mine - these schools are all AMAZING and have great undergrad programs, too. Hire a good web designer to make a nice template and then have the staff to maintain it! It makes the school look so much better and is easier for applicants (and I'm sure for students, faculty, and staff)!
 
My email from CSU in November:

"If you are enrolled in courses for fall 2007, your fall 2007 term grades must be received in the Office of the Dean at the College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical sciences, Colorado State University, by January 08, 2008 to be considered with your application."

So be sure to send them!

And, back to complaining about the websites for a little bit - there are some sites that I swear it's like a treasure hunt and the pages move themselves around so you have to click on the link when the planets are aligned in order to get to the secret page with the information you need. This is a big pet peeve of mine - these schools are all AMAZING and have great undergrad programs, too. Hire a good web designer to make a nice template and then have the staff to maintain it! It makes the school look so much better and is easier for applicants (and I'm sure for students, faculty, and staff)!

Lol! Couldn't agree more about the bad websites : ) I was thinking about applying to Tuskegee, but for the life of me I couldn't get any application info from their website and lost interest. Plus, a 5th school would mean extra GRE score report fees....

And I figured I'd paste in from the CSU November e-mail the part about the faxing in case anyone was curious.

--
If you are enrolled in courses for fall 2007, your fall 2007 term grades must be
received in the Office of the Dean at the College of Veterinary Medicine and
Biomedical sciences, Colorado State University, by January 08, 2008 to be
considered with your application. PLEASE NOTE: Files without fall transcripts
will still be given every consideration. However, the Admissions Committee will
see only transcripts (including unofficial) that are received by January 08,
2008. If official transcripts will be delayed beyond this date, please fax
(970.491.2250) an unofficial report of your fall courses, credits and grades as
soon as you know your grades. To confirm receipt of your fall grades, please
check the Application Status webpage which can be found in Step 9 of your
application.
--
 
Also,

Auburn -- will request your Fall transcripts if they want them. Otherwise, don't send them.

I accidentally sent mine although they say not to for OOS. I emailed them about it, and I got a reply that it was OK, and that they will be added to my file. (Luckily for me, I have a 4.0 this semester).🙂
 
I Found this on the website for OSU

Office of Professional Admissions
The Ohio State University
P.O. Box 182003
Columbus, OH 43218-2003
Regarding schools at which you are enrolled at the time of application; upon completion of prerequired courses, please forward your final transcripts to the Office of Professional Admissions at the above P.O. Box

I took a prerequisite this past fall quarter and will complete my last prerequisite this coming winter quarter. I am not sure if I am supposed to send my transcripts in after the completion of both prerequisites or the completion of each? I guess I will call OSU on wednesday to clarify!