Dublin c/o 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nothing for me yet. Now I’m getting nervous…

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Received an offer without having to interview!!! I was worried for a second when I didn't get an interview but IT WORKED OUT!

Reactions: 7 users
My application status changed to “further review”. Anyone have an idea what that means?

Members don't see this ad :)
Received an acceptance today after interviewing in San Francisco!

Reactions: 3 users
I wish they'd send out all decisions. I just want to know an answer, a yes, a no, a maybe!! UGH

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations to those receiving offers! I’m in my first year of grad entry if anyone has any questions I’d be happy to chat!

Does anyone know if Dublin has a waitlist? I’ve only seen acceptances or rejections so far but maybe it’s too early for waitlist

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if Dublin has a waitlist? I’ve only seen acceptances or rejections so far but maybe it’s too early for waitlist
They usually put people on reserve but that’s like in April-may I think from past threads

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys! Wanted to ask if anyone here who has received an offer is a Non-US international student (Non-EU as well). Had my interview a little while ago, but none of the updates I've received from the vet staff have clarified anything. Thank you!

P.s - Congrats to all current offer holders! Excited for you guys.

Hi guys! Wanted to ask if anyone here who has received an offer is a Non-US international student (Non-EU as well). Had my interview a little while ago, but none of the updates I've received from the vet staff have clarified anything. Thank you!

P.s - Congrats to all current offer holders! Excited for you guys.
Here! I am a non-eu student but have my undergraduate degree done in the UK, also apply from there! I have attend interview at the beginning of Feb via zoom but, similarly, received nothing at the moment :(

Do not give up hope guys!! They are VERY laid back here. They truly do things at a very different pace. That can be good, or frustrating, depending on the situation. I know that this is one of the frustrating times. I am a second year Grad Entry, and I know that people in my class got offers at all different times.

Hang in there, it will all work out, and this stressful time will be a distant memory soon enough! Good luck!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I emailed again because I was/am so anxious and they said that decisions are still coming out and to keep an eye out for next week! Best of luck to you all!!

I emailed again because I was/am so anxious and they said that decisions are still coming out and to keep an eye out for next week! Best of luck to you all!!
Bless u pasta lover 🫶🏻🫶🏻

• Care
Hey guys! International acceptance here, I was looking into housing and because of my 3 cats and my partner who will be moving with me student housing is not an option.

If anyone who is a current/past student has any advice for finding housing that allows pets please let me know! The research I’ve done makes me feel like it’s going to be impossible 😅

I’m willing to look at some creative options even if that means living a little far from UCD campus. I have 12+ years of horse experience and would be willing to look at living on farms, etc. Thank you in advance!

Hi all! I interviewed in January in New York and received my acceptance offer on Monday morning but I know others who interviewed in NYC but haven't heard. I won't be accepting my spot so hopefully you all hear something soon!

Hey guys! International acceptance here, I was looking into housing and because of my 3 cats and my partner who will be moving with me student housing is not an option.

If anyone who is a current/past student has any advice for finding housing that allows pets please let me know! The research I’ve done makes me feel like it’s going to be impossible 😅

I’m willing to look at some creative options even if that means living a little far from UCD campus. I have 12+ years of horse experience and would be willing to look at living on farms, etc. Thank you in advance!
Housing in Dublin is very tight. Finding a place in the best of circumstances is a challenge, but with 3 cats, it will be rough. That said, I have a friend with 2 cats, and another with a dog, who both live near school, so it is possible. I would just start looking very early, as it might take a while. You can try Daft.ie. Just do not put any money down without being 100% sure that the place is real. There are a lot of scams.

Also, is your partner a student, or an EU citizen? I am just asking because I had a classmate who was not aware that she could not bring someone on her student visa, and she and her husband fully moved here. When they arrived they found out that he could only stay for 90 days. I just want to help make sure that no one else ends up in that position. It was awful.

Losing a bit of hope here lol
Me too. 😔 I’ve resigned to the fact that I likely didn’t make it this year. Time to focus on the other schools for me. Congrats to all who got their offers!

• Care
Sorry if this information is somewhere obvious and I’m missing it, but is on-campus housing at UCD super competitive? I am gathering that off-campus housing could be a challenge, but I can’t tell if living on campus is open to everyone, or if it’s truly a first come first serve situation

Sorry if this information is somewhere obvious and I’m missing it, but is on-campus housing at UCD super competitive? I am gathering that off-campus housing could be a challenge, but I can’t tell if living on campus is open to everyone, or if it’s truly a first come first serve situation
On campus housing is guaranteed 1st year for international students.

Does anybody know if this applies to this cycle? (Basically says that UCD has received approval to add 55 undergraduate and five graduate seats)
This is interesting! It says 2024/2025 or 2025/2026 so I’m sure it could be this or next. I know based on one of the emails I sent they received exponentially more applications this year vs any other year.

Reactions: 2 users
Housing in Dublin is very tight. Finding a place in the best of circumstances is a challenge, but with 3 cats, it will be rough. That said, I have a friend with 2 cats, and another with a dog, who both live near school, so it is possible. I would just start looking very early, as it might take a while. You can try Daft.ie. Just do not put any money down without being 100% sure that the place is real. There are a lot of scams.

Also, is your partner a student, or an EU citizen? I am just asking because I had a classmate who was not aware that she could not bring someone on her student visa, and she and her husband fully moved here. When they arrived they found out that he could only stay for 90 days. I just want to help make sure that no one else ends up in that position. It was awful.
Hey! Thank you so much, you’re the first person who has told me it’s not impossible 😅 so thank you! And he is not a student or an EU citizen but he works in healthcare so we’re looking info getting him a long term visa under the critical skills program!

Hey! Thank you so much, you’re the first person who has told me it’s not impossible 😅 so thank you! And he is not a student or an EU citizen but he works in healthcare so we’re looking info getting him a long term visa under the critical skills program!
Good luck with the job hunt! That is what my husband had to do to be able to join me. He is in tech, so was able to get a critical skills visa. It is a lot of coordination and luck, but totally doable.

Anyone know where to find the international tuition? I couldn't find it on their tuition page

It is about 40K. Not sure exactly where it is on the website.

Thank you for this info! Hopped on today to see what people were doing for housing- I put in a housing app as soon as I was added to the housing portal, but I’m worried about getting a spot in my preferred building because continuing student placements start next week😬

Hey yall, I got a response from the UCD team and they said the next round of offers are going out in the next week to ten days. Let's hope we hear back soon 🤞

Thank you for this info! Hopped on today to see what people were doing for housing- I put in a housing app as soon as I was added to the housing portal, but I’m worried about getting a spot in my preferred building because continuing student placements start next week😬
Did you receive email notification that you were added to the housing portal?

Did you receive email notification that you were added to the housing portal?
No, i never received any info on being added or how to apply for housing. It took around 24 hours after my deposit fully processed (i used UCD transfermate so it took a few days) to be added to the housing portal.

I emailed them to see if I needed to do anything different/extra as an international student, but the person who responded didn’t give much info other than saying the international student and continuing student apps are processed separately.

Did everyone get the “international student survey” email? I haven’t even gotten a decision from them but got this email so I was confused

Is the decision date for Ireland the same as in the US, April 15th?

were you told this?? attended the info session in Chicago and they stated all on campus housing has been filled.. and with the current housing crisis in Ireland, finding accommodations can be very difficult.. this is concerning :(

did you have any luck getting on campus housing.. i was told today it’s been full, and off campus options are difficult to secure.

On campus housing isn't guaranteed to all international students per their website, maybe they have some way they make sure you get housing someplace else, but I don't see that information anywhere.
Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 11.32.53 AM.png

were you told this?? attended the info session in Chicago and they stated all on campus housing has been filled.. and with the current housing crisis in Ireland, finding accommodations can be very difficult.. this is concerning :(
Wow!! That is very different this year. Sorry to hear that. They guaranteed it 2 years ago and last year.

I submitted a housing application a few weeks and still waiting to hear back... I just sent them an email asking for clarity on when to hear back / if there is housing for us international students. I'll let y'all know if they respond.
If it's bad news, anyone want to look for off campus housing together...

Has anyone heard anything this past week? Just trying to figure out if they ended up sending another wave.

Has anyone heard anything this past week? Just trying to figure out if they ended up sending another wave.
They did not. I was told by them that “by the end of this upcoming week” I should finally hear back but they’ve also said the same thing for 3 weeks now I’ve kind of just accepted my fate haha