-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Dublin c/o 2028
Started by Cowsrcool
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you so much <3You must be a really impressive candidate congratulations well deserved🙂)
pawsitivevibes
Full Member
I got in!!!! 😭 😭
A few people have. I also interviewed ny but haventHas anyone that interviewed in NY heard anything?
If you figure out what that means please tell me because same hereMy application status changed to “further review”. Anyone have an idea what that means?
pastalover23
Full Member
I wish they'd send out all decisions. I just want to know an answer, a yes, a no, a maybe!! UGH
pawsitivevibes
Full Member
just accepted my spot!
They usually put people on reserve but that’s like in April-may I think from past threadsDoes anyone know if Dublin has a waitlist? I’ve only seen acceptances or rejections so far but maybe it’s too early for waitlist
LemonManSym
New Member
Hi guys! Wanted to ask if anyone here who has received an offer is a Non-US international student (Non-EU as well). Had my interview a little while ago, but none of the updates I've received from the vet staff have clarified anything. Thank you!
P.s - Congrats to all current offer holders! Excited for you guys.
P.s - Congrats to all current offer holders! Excited for you guys.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Here! I am a non-eu student but have my undergraduate degree done in the UK, also apply from there! I have attend interview at the beginning of Feb via zoom but, similarly, received nothing at the moment 🙁Hi guys! Wanted to ask if anyone here who has received an offer is a Non-US international student (Non-EU as well). Had my interview a little while ago, but none of the updates I've received from the vet staff have clarified anything. Thank you!
P.s - Congrats to all current offer holders! Excited for you guys.
platypusrule
New Member
I’ve heard absolutely nothing since I interviewed in NY on 1/9/24Has anyone that interviewed in NY heard anything?
:/
Do not give up hope guys!! They are VERY laid back here. They truly do things at a very different pace. That can be good, or frustrating, depending on the situation. I know that this is one of the frustrating times. I am a second year Grad Entry, and I know that people in my class got offers at all different times.
Hang in there, it will all work out, and this stressful time will be a distant memory soon enough! Good luck!
Hang in there, it will all work out, and this stressful time will be a distant memory soon enough! Good luck!
pastalover23
Full Member
I emailed again because I was/am so anxious and they said that decisions are still coming out and to keep an eye out for next week! Best of luck to you all!!
Bless u pasta lover 🫶🏻🫶🏻I emailed again because I was/am so anxious and they said that decisions are still coming out and to keep an eye out for next week! Best of luck to you all!!
Carolyn05
New Member
Hey guys! International acceptance here, I was looking into housing and because of my 3 cats and my partner who will be moving with me student housing is not an option.
If anyone who is a current/past student has any advice for finding housing that allows pets please let me know! The research I’ve done makes me feel like it’s going to be impossible 😅
I’m willing to look at some creative options even if that means living a little far from UCD campus. I have 12+ years of horse experience and would be willing to look at living on farms, etc. Thank you in advance!
If anyone who is a current/past student has any advice for finding housing that allows pets please let me know! The research I’ve done makes me feel like it’s going to be impossible 😅
I’m willing to look at some creative options even if that means living a little far from UCD campus. I have 12+ years of horse experience and would be willing to look at living on farms, etc. Thank you in advance!
vetstudent2024
New Member
Hi all! I interviewed in January in New York and received my acceptance offer on Monday morning but I know others who interviewed in NYC but haven't heard. I won't be accepting my spot so hopefully you all hear something soon!
Housing in Dublin is very tight. Finding a place in the best of circumstances is a challenge, but with 3 cats, it will be rough. That said, I have a friend with 2 cats, and another with a dog, who both live near school, so it is possible. I would just start looking very early, as it might take a while. You can try Daft.ie. Just do not put any money down without being 100% sure that the place is real. There are a lot of scams.Hey guys! International acceptance here, I was looking into housing and because of my 3 cats and my partner who will be moving with me student housing is not an option.
If anyone who is a current/past student has any advice for finding housing that allows pets please let me know! The research I’ve done makes me feel like it’s going to be impossible 😅
I’m willing to look at some creative options even if that means living a little far from UCD campus. I have 12+ years of horse experience and would be willing to look at living on farms, etc. Thank you in advance!
Also, is your partner a student, or an EU citizen? I am just asking because I had a classmate who was not aware that she could not bring someone on her student visa, and she and her husband fully moved here. When they arrived they found out that he could only stay for 90 days. I just want to help make sure that no one else ends up in that position. It was awful.
Me too. 😔 I’ve resigned to the fact that I likely didn’t make it this year. Time to focus on the other schools for me. Congrats to all who got their offers!Losing a bit of hope here lol
Ireland aims to dramatically hike veterinary school intake
Three prospective new programs deemed 'viable' by government
Sg926
New Member
Sorry if this information is somewhere obvious and I’m missing it, but is on-campus housing at UCD super competitive? I am gathering that off-campus housing could be a challenge, but I can’t tell if living on campus is open to everyone, or if it’s truly a first come first serve situation
ohhhh finger crossed for this to be applied in our round 😢Does anybody know if this applies to this cycle? (Basically says that UCD has received approval to add 55 undergraduate and five graduate seats)![]()
Ireland aims to dramatically hike veterinary school intake
Three prospective new programs deemed 'viable' by governmentnews.vin.com
On campus housing is guaranteed 1st year for international students.Sorry if this information is somewhere obvious and I’m missing it, but is on-campus housing at UCD super competitive? I am gathering that off-campus housing could be a challenge, but I can’t tell if living on campus is open to everyone, or if it’s truly a first come first serve situation
Sg926
New Member
Thanks so much this is super helpful informationOn campus housing is guaranteed 1st year for international students.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is interesting! It says 2024/2025 or 2025/2026 so I’m sure it could be this or next. I know based on one of the emails I sent they received exponentially more applications this year vs any other year.Does anybody know if this applies to this cycle? (Basically says that UCD has received approval to add 55 undergraduate and five graduate seats)![]()
Ireland aims to dramatically hike veterinary school intake
Three prospective new programs deemed 'viable' by governmentnews.vin.com
Carolyn05
New Member
Hey! Thank you so much, you’re the first person who has told me it’s not impossible 😅 so thank you! And he is not a student or an EU citizen but he works in healthcare so we’re looking info getting him a long term visa under the critical skills program!Housing in Dublin is very tight. Finding a place in the best of circumstances is a challenge, but with 3 cats, it will be rough. That said, I have a friend with 2 cats, and another with a dog, who both live near school, so it is possible. I would just start looking very early, as it might take a while. You can try Daft.ie. Just do not put any money down without being 100% sure that the place is real. There are a lot of scams.
Also, is your partner a student, or an EU citizen? I am just asking because I had a classmate who was not aware that she could not bring someone on her student visa, and she and her husband fully moved here. When they arrived they found out that he could only stay for 90 days. I just want to help make sure that no one else ends up in that position. It was awful.
Good luck with the job hunt! That is what my husband had to do to be able to join me. He is in tech, so was able to get a critical skills visa. It is a lot of coordination and luck, but totally doable.Hey! Thank you so much, you’re the first person who has told me it’s not impossible 😅 so thank you! And he is not a student or an EU citizen but he works in healthcare so we’re looking info getting him a long term visa under the critical skills program!
pastalover23
Full Member
Anyone know where to find the international tuition? I couldn't find it on their tuition page
Alyssa Horne
Full Member
Thank you for this info! Hopped on today to see what people were doing for housing- I put in a housing app as soon as I was added to the housing portal, but I’m worried about getting a spot in my preferred building because continuing student placements start next week😬On campus housing is guaranteed 1st year for international students.
LemonManSym
New Member
Hey yall, I got a response from the UCD team and they said the next round of offers are going out in the next week to ten days. Let's hope we hear back soon 🤞
Sg926
New Member
Did you receive email notification that you were added to the housing portal?Thank you for this info! Hopped on today to see what people were doing for housing- I put in a housing app as soon as I was added to the housing portal, but I’m worried about getting a spot in my preferred building because continuing student placements start next week😬
Alyssa Horne
Full Member
No, i never received any info on being added or how to apply for housing. It took around 24 hours after my deposit fully processed (i used UCD transfermate so it took a few days) to be added to the housing portal.Did you receive email notification that you were added to the housing portal?
I emailed them to see if I needed to do anything different/extra as an international student, but the person who responded didn’t give much info other than saying the international student and continuing student apps are processed separately.
Yea I also got that emailDid everyone get the “international student survey” email? I haven’t even gotten a decision from them but got this email so I was confused
were you told this?? attended the info session in Chicago and they stated all on campus housing has been filled.. and with the current housing crisis in Ireland, finding accommodations can be very difficult.. this is concerning 🙁On campus housing is guaranteed 1st year for international students.
did you have any luck getting on campus housing.. i was told today it’s been full, and off campus options are difficult to secure.Thank you for this info! Hopped on today to see what people were doing for housing- I put in a housing app as soon as I was added to the housing portal, but I’m worried about getting a spot in my preferred building because continuing student placements start next week😬
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
On campus housing isn't guaranteed to all international students per their website, maybe they have some way they make sure you get housing someplace else, but I don't see that information anywhere.
Wow!! That is very different this year. Sorry to hear that. They guaranteed it 2 years ago and last year.were you told this?? attended the info session in Chicago and they stated all on campus housing has been filled.. and with the current housing crisis in Ireland, finding accommodations can be very difficult.. this is concerning 🙁
pawsitivevibes
Full Member
I submitted a housing application a few weeks and still waiting to hear back... I just sent them an email asking for clarity on when to hear back / if there is housing for us international students. I'll let y'all know if they respond.
If it's bad news, anyone want to look for off campus housing together...
If it's bad news, anyone want to look for off campus housing together...
They did not. I was told by them that “by the end of this upcoming week” I should finally hear back but they’ve also said the same thing for 3 weeks now I’ve kind of just accepted my fate hahaHas anyone heard anything this past week? Just trying to figure out if they ended up sending another wave.