You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Dublin c/o 2028
Started by Cowsrcool
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
pawsitivevibes
Full Member
I was just offered a room in the village!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
has anyone that applied for the 5 year program heard anything back by any chance? 🥲
My daughter applied vts1 and hasn't heard anything. She emailed in January and they said they would interview after vts3 decisions. It seems like the vts3 decisions are still not completely done.has anyone that applied for the 5 year program heard anything back by any chance? 🥲
Dublin is her first choice. But it looks like it they might not even interview before the UCAS date to firm or undergrad commitment dates in the US. And then there are all these posts about not getting housing....
My son also applied and has not heard anything yet. He emailed a few times and was told the same information. As for housing, we went for a tour and they do guarantee it for first year (undergraduate) international students. Fingers crossed that we will hear some good news soon!My daughter applied vts1 and hasn't heard anything. She emailed in January and they said they would interview after vts3 decisions. It seems like the vts3 decisions are still not completely done.
Dublin is her first choice. But it looks like it they might not even interview before the UCAS date to firm or undergrad commitment dates in the US. And then there are all these posts about not getting housing....
I applied for the 5 year program and still haven’t heard anything. I submitted on November 1st and after this week it is the only school I will have not heard from. I’m wondering if they will even conduct interviews this late in the game? I just want to hear back from them so badly as it is my top choice school!
Also I can’t seem to find out how selective the program is for international students, so I am struggling to decide on how hopeful I should be lolI applied for the 5 year program and still haven’t heard anything. I submitted on November 1st and after this week it is the only school I will have not heard from. I’m wondering if they will even conduct interviews this late in the game? I just want to hear back from them so badly as it is my top choice school!
Alyssa Horne
Full Member
I ended up accepting an on campus spot sunday evening!did you have any luck getting on campus housing.. i was told today it’s been full, and off campus options are difficult to secure.
I went to an admitted student event this past weekend and each person from UCD had something a little different to say about housing, but they did recommend coming a week or two early to find off campus housing if you don’t end up securing a room with UCD.
Was assured by admissions that my decision would be going out this week,, that being said I was also told last week as well and it did not happen. Feeling defeated as I know the uni is closed tomorrow and Monday for the holiday. They can’t possibly be holding acceptance decisions this late in the cycle? :/
I was also told that I would be updated this week and still nothing. It’s just really strange because it doesn’t seem like they sent that many decisions out??Was assured by admissions that my decision would be going out this week,, that being said I was also told last week as well and it did not happen. Feeling defeated as I know the uni is closed tomorrow and Monday for the holiday. They can’t possibly be holding acceptance decisions this late in the cycle? :/
Yea I agree it’s very strange. Especially since they’re supposedly having accepted student events and such im just a bit confused why they keep prolonging sending out the rest especially if the deadline is April 15thI was also told that I would be updated this week and still nothing. It’s just really strange because it doesn’t seem like they sent that many decisions out??
Just got word on reserve.
pastalover23
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got this same email :/I’m beyond upset LOL
Where did you attend the admitted student event? Was it in Dublin?I ended up accepting an on campus spot sunday evening!
I went to an admitted student event this past weekend and each person from UCD had something a little different to say about housing, but they did recommend coming a week or two early to find off campus housing if you don’t end up securing a room with UCD.
creamcheese
New Member
Hi everyone, I applied for the 5 year undergraduate program and just received an invitation to interview. Those who did the interview for the postgraduate program, could you guys provide me with details of the interview, especially the format? Thanks in advance!
I am still under Further Review. Anyone receive rejection yet?
CarolCat12
Full Member
I’m still on further review as well.I am still under Further Review. Anyone receive rejection yet?
I also just got an interview and I’m wondering the same thing!Hi everyone, I applied for the 5 year undergraduate program and just received an invitation to interview. Those who did the interview for the postgraduate program, could you guys provide me with details of the interview, especially the format? Thanks in advance!
creamcheese
New Member
May I ask when is your interview? Mine is on next Thursday, the 4th of April.I also just got an interview and I’m wondering the same thing!
Mine is also Thursday at 10am pacific time!May I ask when is your interview? Mine is on next Thursday, the 4th of April.
I hope your interviews went well! Did they mention anything about a timeline for decisions? Thanks!Mine is also Thursday at 10am pacific time!
creamcheese
New Member
They mentioned that we should expect to hear back from them in the week after next!I hope your interviews went well! Did they mention anything about a timeline for decisions? Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If anyone hears back for the 5 year lmk
Will do - please let us know as well. Fingers crossed!If anyone hears back for the 5 year lmk!
Just received an email from UCD application office in Asia (which I applied through their system rather than the original application department in Ireland) said that I am invited into the "offerholder group chat" while I received neither a decision nor an offer from them. Just hope that this email means something in behind 🙂 And, dose it kind of means that UCD is finally starting to send some decisions today? :/
JingT
New Member
Hey guys! Thought I'd post an update in case anyone is still waiting for their offer!
I interviewed Jan 8th in NYC, got an email of application was put on reserve on March 28th, and got a firm offer April 12th.
It is possible that they are now notifying people on reserve list, good luck and don't give up!! 🙂))
I interviewed Jan 8th in NYC, got an email of application was put on reserve on March 28th, and got a firm offer April 12th.
It is possible that they are now notifying people on reserve list, good luck and don't give up!! 🙂))
Same 🙁Still no news from the undergrad 5 year program!
CarolCat12
Full Member
I'm in the same situation!I’m in for the graduate 4 year program and I have still not heard anything 🙁 my application also still says Further Review. I’m starting to wonder if I should reach out? Is anyone else in the same boat??
creamcheese
New Member
me too 😟Still no news from the undergrad 5 year program!
Sg926
New Member
was offered a seat in 4yr
Congratulations!
congratulations!! When did u get the acceptance?was offered a seat in
Today at around 1pm! Got an email about a status update on my portal and then my portal said I had an unconditional firm offer.congratulations!! When did u get the acceptance?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you have insight on the cost of living? I know housing is really tough. How much should I expect to be paying in rent?I hope that everyone's interviews went well. If you are trying to decide between Dublin and another school and have any questions, please feel free to reach out. I am just finishing my second year at UCD.
If I remember correctly the instructions were on the opening page of the ucd vmcas section and it was required to complete your application ?? Have you heard anything from them at all since you submitted?for those who applied through VMCAS, I feel like i never made a UCD account, how did you guys find out your username or UCD ID to be able to log in?
hmm. yes i got an acceptance email today! but can't log in to pay the deposit or even see when its due because i dont know my username ):If I remember correctly the instructions were on the opening page of the ucd vmcas section and it was required to complete your application ?? Have you heard anything from them at all since you submitted?
how long did they give you to pay the deposit?