Dublin c/o 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Housing got back to me and said they are still reviewing applications and working on room allocations. so it sounds like spots are not all filled?

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed early January in San Francisco and still haven’t heard back. They are really taking their time for decisions it seems.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone that applied for the 5 year program heard anything back by any chance? 🥲

has anyone that applied for the 5 year program heard anything back by any chance? 🥲
My daughter applied vts1 and hasn't heard anything. She emailed in January and they said they would interview after vts3 decisions. It seems like the vts3 decisions are still not completely done.

Dublin is her first choice. But it looks like it they might not even interview before the UCAS date to firm or undergrad commitment dates in the US. And then there are all these posts about not getting housing....

My daughter applied vts1 and hasn't heard anything. She emailed in January and they said they would interview after vts3 decisions. It seems like the vts3 decisions are still not completely done.

Dublin is her first choice. But it looks like it they might not even interview before the UCAS date to firm or undergrad commitment dates in the US. And then there are all these posts about not getting housing....
My son also applied and has not heard anything yet. He emailed a few times and was told the same information. As for housing, we went for a tour and they do guarantee it for first year (undergraduate) international students. Fingers crossed that we will hear some good news soon!

Reactions: 1 users
I applied for the 5 year program and still haven’t heard anything. I submitted on November 1st and after this week it is the only school I will have not heard from. I’m wondering if they will even conduct interviews this late in the game? I just want to hear back from them so badly as it is my top choice school!

I applied for the 5 year program and still haven’t heard anything. I submitted on November 1st and after this week it is the only school I will have not heard from. I’m wondering if they will even conduct interviews this late in the game? I just want to hear back from them so badly as it is my top choice school!
Also I can’t seem to find out how selective the program is for international students, so I am struggling to decide on how hopeful I should be lol

did you have any luck getting on campus housing.. i was told today it’s been full, and off campus options are difficult to secure.
I ended up accepting an on campus spot sunday evening!

I went to an admitted student event this past weekend and each person from UCD had something a little different to say about housing, but they did recommend coming a week or two early to find off campus housing if you don’t end up securing a room with UCD.

Was assured by admissions that my decision would be going out this week,, that being said I was also told last week as well and it did not happen. Feeling defeated as I know the uni is closed tomorrow and Monday for the holiday. They can’t possibly be holding acceptance decisions this late in the cycle? :/

Was assured by admissions that my decision would be going out this week,, that being said I was also told last week as well and it did not happen. Feeling defeated as I know the uni is closed tomorrow and Monday for the holiday. They can’t possibly be holding acceptance decisions this late in the cycle? :/
I was also told that I would be updated this week and still nothing. It’s just really strange because it doesn’t seem like they sent that many decisions out??

Reactions: 1 user
I was also told that I would be updated this week and still nothing. It’s just really strange because it doesn’t seem like they sent that many decisions out??
Yea I agree it’s very strange. Especially since they’re supposedly having accepted student events and such im just a bit confused why they keep prolonging sending out the rest especially if the deadline is April 15th

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine just changed to reserve as well. Does anyone know how much the waitlist tends to move I couldn’t find anything on past threads?

I’m beyond upset LOL

Attachments

• IMG_4861.png
    IMG_4861.png
    265 KB · Views: 83
I’m taking it as a rejection like if they’re that overwhelmed I feel like we will never hear back lol

I ended up accepting an on campus spot sunday evening!

I went to an admitted student event this past weekend and each person from UCD had something a little different to say about housing, but they did recommend coming a week or two early to find off campus housing if you don’t end up securing a room with UCD.
Where did you attend the admitted student event? Was it in Dublin?

Hi everyone, I applied for the 5 year undergraduate program and just received an invitation to interview. Those who did the interview for the postgraduate program, could you guys provide me with details of the interview, especially the format? Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone, I applied for the 5 year undergraduate program and just received an invitation to interview. Those who did the interview for the postgraduate program, could you guys provide me with details of the interview, especially the format? Thanks in advance!
I also just got an interview and I’m wondering the same thing!

I got moved to the reserve list as well. I’m not sure if that actually gives us some hope or they are just holding out on telling us…

I hope that everyone's interviews went well. If you are trying to decide between Dublin and another school and have any questions, please feel free to reach out. I am just finishing my second year at UCD.

I hope your interviews went well! Did they mention anything about a timeline for decisions? Thanks!
They mentioned that we should expect to hear back from them in the week after next!

Hi everyone, I'm going to decline my offer from UCD. Hopefully they'll start sending out offers again soon. I wish you all the best of luck!

Just received an email from UCD application office in Asia (which I applied through their system rather than the original application department in Ireland) said that I am invited into the "offerholder group chat" while I received neither a decision nor an offer from them. Just hope that this email means something in behind :) And, dose it kind of means that UCD is finally starting to send some decisions today? :/

Hey guys! Thought I'd post an update in case anyone is still waiting for their offer!
I interviewed Jan 8th in NYC, got an email of application was put on reserve on March 28th, and got a firm offer April 12th.
It is possible that they are now notifying people on reserve list, good luck and don't give up!! :)))

Reactions: 2 users
I’m in for the graduate 4 year program and I have still not heard anything :( my application also still says Further Review. I’m starting to wonder if I should reach out? Is anyone else in the same boat??

I’m in for the graduate 4 year program and I have still not heard anything :( my application also still says Further Review. I’m starting to wonder if I should reach out? Is anyone else in the same boat??
I'm in the same situation!

OMG!!! I got a firm offer today!!! I can’t believe it! I’m so excited!!!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I hope that everyone's interviews went well. If you are trying to decide between Dublin and another school and have any questions, please feel free to reach out. I am just finishing my second year at UCD.
Do you have insight on the cost of living? I know housing is really tough. How much should I expect to be paying in rent?

for those who applied through VMCAS, I feel like i never made a UCD account, how did you guys find out your username or UCD ID to be able to log in?

for those who applied through VMCAS, I feel like i never made a UCD account, how did you guys find out your username or UCD ID to be able to log in?
If I remember correctly the instructions were on the opening page of the ucd vmcas section and it was required to complete your application ?? Have you heard anything from them at all since you submitted?

If I remember correctly the instructions were on the opening page of the ucd vmcas section and it was required to complete your application ?? Have you heard anything from them at all since you submitted?
hmm. yes i got an acceptance email today! but can't log in to pay the deposit or even see when its due because i dont know my username ):
how long did they give you to pay the deposit?