Edward Via COM - Auburn (VCOM-Auburn) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This school does accept recommendations through AACOMAS right?

Members don't see this ad.

Just Submitted Supplementary App!

Did anyone else notice, completed app is just the same thing but in the top right corner has a time-stamp of completion date?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just Submitted Supplementary App!

Did anyone else notice, completed app is just the same thing but in the top right corner has a time-stamp of completion date?

Yeah I noticed that too, but they also send a completion email as well with LORs and stuff.

definitey applying here but waiting to submit aacomas when summer grades come out. good luck guys!

Yeah I noticed that too, but they also send a completion email as well with LORs and stuff.

How long after submitting your secondary did it take to get an email confirmation? No email yet and my "status" page on the VCOM portal is blank.

How long after submitting your secondary did it take to get an email confirmation? No email yet and my "status" page on the VCOM portal is blank.

According to last year's thread, it can take a while. something like 2-4 weeks. Can anybody else confirm?

Reactions: 1 user
According to last year's thread, it can take a while. something like 2-4 weeks. Can anybody else confirm?

Took me about a week and a handful of days. Maybe 1.5. As the season progresses, I'd say 2-4 weeks is reasonable.

Received my secondary Thursday morning and couldn't log in so I waited the 48 business hours they said, and I thought that by Friday evening I would be able to log in but I couldn't. Anyone else have to wait long to log in? If by the end of the day tomorrow I can't log in would you suggest I call admissions?

Received my secondary Thursday morning and couldn't log in so I waited the 48 business hours they said, and I thought that by Friday evening I would be able to log in but I couldn't. Anyone else have to wait long to log in? If by the end of the day tomorrow I can't log in would you suggest I call admissions?
I received mine Tuesday night and was able to access it on Thursday morning. Not sure if the weekend would affect yours, but it might. I'd try calling Monday if it's still not open.

Yeah it took me the full 48 hours. You should probably be good to go today, though!

I submitted 7/6 and received a confirmation email 7/14.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received any interview invites or rejections yet after the secondary was completed?tnx

Has anyone received any interview invites or rejections yet after the secondary was completed?tnx
They interview pretty late. Expect IIs in September.

Reactions: 1 users
what day did you submit the secondary?

I still haven't received a secondary from VCOM yet and I meet their competitive GPA and MCAT requirements. I was verified at the end of July. Does it usually take a while or should I expect not to receive it at all?

I still haven't received a secondary from VCOM yet and I meet their competitive GPA and MCAT requirements. I was verified at the end of July. Does it usually take a while or should I expect not to receive it at all?

From what I have heard, they don't give secondaries to everyone even if you meet their requirements. I would give them call and see what they say.

MCAT scores waiting to be applied to the application here...anyone knows how long it usually takes? The email says it can take up to 2 weeks.

MCAT scores waiting to be applied to the application here...anyone knows how long it usually takes? The email says it can take up to 2 weeks.

Did you release them from the AAMC to AACOMAS? Takes up to 7 days.

Do we submit only one secondary for all three campuses? I submitted my secondary last week but I have not received any confirmation. I can also change application content. Is this normal?

Do we submit only one secondary for all three campuses? I submitted my secondary last week but I have not received any confirmation. I can also change application content. Is this normal?

Yeah its one secondary for all three campuses and you basically rank which campus you prefer. As far as changing the content goes, I believe you can do that until the application is complete. Not entirely sure, I would ask admissions about it.

I took less than 3 days for mine.

Did you release them from the AAMC to AACOMAS? Takes up to 7 days.

I took less than 3 days for mine.

Yea I requested from my MCAT portal a week ago, and when I checked today it's still not appearing on AACOMAS. I contacted both AAMC and AACOMAS and hope they will look into it. But I wonder if this is going to cause a delay on my application processing :(

Submitted 08/10 no secondary confirmation yet. Lets not even talk about II.

Submitted primary 8/09, received secondary 8/15 and just submitted it today (8/17). Good luck everyone!!
Just out of curiosity, does anyone have a preference between Auburn and Carolinas? Which school is better in your opinion?

It has been more than 2 weeks and haven't received any confirmation on my secondary.

08/25. Received 'Application Completed' email.

Last edited:
I have not received a secondary from this college. I got an email 7/27 that it takes them up to 3 months to make a decision whether to send me a secondary so I hope I hear back from them soon. Fingers crossed!

Submitted AACOMAS 8/12 received secondary 8/15. Submitted 8/27. Waiting to hear back.

Submitted AACOMAS 8/12 received secondary 8/15. Submitted 8/27. Waiting to hear back.

have you heard back yet? just trying to figure out approx what turn around time is between secondary submission and being marked complete

have you heard back yet? just trying to figure out approx what turn around time is between secondary submission and being marked complete

Not yet. I called them on Tuesday and told me that they'll review my application to see if it's complete.

Me and some others asked about this is the Virginia campus thread. I submitted the secondary 7/15 and am still waiting for the complete confirmation. Consensus on that thread was that they take forever.

Me and some others asked about this is the Virginia campus thread. I submitted the secondary 7/15 and am still waiting for the complete confirmation. Consensus on that thread was that they take forever.
For mine, submitted 08/10 Completed 08/25.

FYI for those that are still waiting for completeness. Since I submitted the secondary in mid July and haven't received any confirmation that my app is complete I emailed today to ask if my app is missing anything. They sent back a generic reply saying that my app is under review for completeness, it takes a long time due to hella apps, and they will send an email correspondence when my app has in fact been found to be complete.

I got the complete email 7/12. In it they say II for early decision go out mid september and regular decision go out early october

I'm kind of confused. If you get an interview at 1 VCOM campus, does that mean you can't interview at the other campuses? They all have the same portal, right?

I'm kind of confused. If you get an interview at 1 VCOM campus, does that mean you can't interview at the other campuses? They all have the same portal, right?

Yep. They only invite you for one interview at the campus they think is right for you/based on your ranking in the secondary app.

I feel stupid for asking this, but is there a way, on the portal, to reset the password that you use to log into the secondary application? I can't remember my password at all, and I don't see an option to reset the password.

Yep. They only invite you for one interview at the campus they think is right for you/based on your ranking in the secondary app.

What if you only applied to 1 of the 3 campuses (for example, Auburn), but Virginia or Carolinas decide they like you better, as an applicant?

I feel stupid for asking this, but is there a way, on the portal, to reset the password that you use to log into the secondary application? I can't remember my password at all, and I don't see an option to reset the password.

What if you only applied to 1 of the 3 campuses (for example, Auburn), but Virginia or Carolinas decide they like you better, as an applicant?

Well I thought you had to submit your primaries to all three campuses, but it turns out that they can still interview you at any of them despite paying for one, so if you applied to one, you can be considered for all three.

As far as resetting your password goes, there is an option of forgot password on the portal so you can reset it from there. (vcomvcamp.vcom.edu)

Well I thought you had to submit your primaries to all three campuses, but it turns out that they can still interview you at any of them despite paying for one, so if you applied to one, you can be considered for all three.

As far as resetting your password goes, there is an option of forgot password on the portal so you can reset it from there. (vcomvcamp.vcom.edu)

That's interesting! Pretty loophole-y way to not have to pay an extra $80 to be considered by 2 more schools :)

Also, that seems to be the portal to log into, to see your application status? I'm talking about (https://vcomsis.vcom.edu/pages/login.php), the site to access your secondary application, provided you haven't submitted it yet. All I see is a 'login' button; there's usually a "forgot password?" button, but there's not one for vcomsis, which is strange.

I tried resetting it on vcomvcamp, and use that password for vcomsis, but it doesn't seem to work. I'm guessing both systems are separate from one another.

That's interesting! Pretty loophole-y way to not have to pay an extra $80 to be considered by 2 more schools :)

Also, that seems to be the portal to log into, to see your application status? I'm talking about (https://vcomsis.vcom.edu/pages/login.php), the site to access your secondary application, provided you haven't submitted it yet. All I see is a 'login' button; there's usually a "forgot password?" button, but there's not one for vcomsis, which is strange.

I tried resetting it on vcomvcamp, and use that password for vcomsis, but it doesn't seem to work. I'm guessing both systems are separate from one another.

Yeah I know, I wish I knew of that before spending an extra $80 bucks.

And yeah the vcomvcamp website is for application status. It seems that the secondary application website doesn't have a forgot password, so I guess you might have to talk to the school and try to reset it.

Edit: Actually, there are instructions in the secondary invite email. Check it out!

Edit: Actually, there are instructions in the secondary invite email. Check it out!

To reset the secondary app password? I've read through the e-mail so many times - there's not a clear cut way of resetting the password once you've made one (unless I'm selectively blind!)

The e-mail details a way to set up a password to get to the place where you make your actual password though, lol. And they do tell you what your temporary password is, for the portal with which to check what your app status is. But nothing that says "hey, here's how to reset your secondary app password."

Can you PM me (or post in this thread) where you see those specific instructions, in the secondary invite e-mail?