Edward Via COM - Auburn (VCOM-Auburn) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To reset the secondary app password? I've read through the e-mail so many times - there's not a clear cut way of resetting the password once you've made one (unless I'm selectively blind!)

The e-mail details a way to set up a password to get to the place where you make your actual password though, lol. And they do tell you what your temporary password is, for the portal with which to check what your app status is. But nothing that says "hey, here's how to reset your secondary app password."

Can you PM me (or post in this thread) where you see those specific instructions, in the secondary invite e-mail?

My bad. All I see is a way to set up your password and not resetting it. I guess I would call them and ask a way to reset it. Or maybe you could just setup a new account.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
II!! So excited!! Does anyone know how long the interview will take and what the setup of it is?

Reactions: 1 user
II!! So excited!! Does anyone know how long the interview will take and what the setup of it is?

You will meet with maybe 6/7 other interviewees in a room. Ms. Oliver will come in and say some friendly words and then share a video about the school. They'll give you a packet with some important info. After that is a tour of the school (which is amazing since everything is so new and glamorous). you then return to the room and the interview starts. One by one, interviewers will come whisk you away to their offices to be interviewed. Each lasts for about 20 minutes. Three people in total will interview you. They REALLY go through your application and the interview becomes more like a conversation. Its very laid back and non threatening. After, you will grab lunch and then have a talk with the financial person. and then Ms. Oliver will close the day and thats it :) YOU WILL LOVE THIS SCHOOL.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey all MSI here. If you have any questions about interviews or the school just throw them out. We are finishing up our first block in the next couple of weeks so responses may be delayed. Good luck to you all!

*Edit, I think I got my answer.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard back from there interview here

Do any of you all know what the post interview acceptance rate is here?

Do any of you all know what the post interview acceptance rate is here?

I know that each campus interviews ~300 applicants for a class size of 150-160. If we assume that most schools accept about 1.5-2x the class size in order to fill the class with people who will actually matriculate, I would say the chances of acceptance are very high once you are extended an interview.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I know that each campus interviews ~300 applicants for a class size of 150-160. If we assume that most schools accept about 1.5-2x the class size in order to fill the class with people who will actually matriculate, I would say the chances of acceptance are very high once you are extended an interview.

This is awesome news! How did you find out they interview 300 people per campus if you don't mind me asking? thank you!

This is awesome news! How did you find out they interview 300 people per campus if you don't mind me asking? thank you!

I read it on their website. It's buried in the FAQ's section for interviews. I talked to people who interviewed and were accepted there last cycle, as well. They said that if they extend an interview then you are basically "in" barring a disastrous interview day.

I read it on their website. It's buried in the FAQ's section for interviews. I talked to people who interviewed and were accepted there last cycle, as well. They said that if they extend an interview then you are basically "in" barring a disastrous interview day.

that is just fantastic news haha thanks so much

Edit: just found this on their website

"The admissions process is competitive, and only 300 individuals for each campus will be extended an interview to fill 175 spots on the Virginia campus, 150 on the Carolinas campus, and 150 on the Auburn campus."

The odds are in your favor fa sho

Reactions: 1 users
Did you receive a complete e-mail? or is this when you submitted your secondary?
I recieved a complete email like 2 months after I submitted my secondary haha they don't read so fast down in 'bama

Jk obviously

Accepted!! Received the call today

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone else heard anything here?

I recieved a complete email like 2 months after I submitted my secondary haha they don't read so fast down in 'bama

Jk obviously

Oh okay. I submitted my secondary end of August and started getting concerned this was a sign lol!

For those living in the southeastern states, I hope you've been able to safely weather Hurricane Matthew. I know our east coast got hit hard and the coastal regions of Georgia and the Carolinas are getting hit hard, too. Stay safe everyone!

So I got an email on 8/15 saying that my application is under review and they will decide if I receive a secondary or not.
Is it safe to assume that I won't be getting one? OOS, cGPA 3.4, sGPA 3.4, 512 MCAT

So I got an email on 8/15 saying that my application is under review and they will decide if I receive a secondary or not.
Is it safe to assume that I won't be getting one? OOS, cGPA 3.4, sGPA 3.4, 512 MCAT
I don't see why you wouldn't get one given your stats look good. I would give them a call. They're wonderful and are very helpful. It could just be the high volume of applicants at this moment. Right now they're probably dealing with scheduling interviews, reviewing secondaries, and getting secondaries out all at the same time.

Hey all MSI here. If you have any questions about interviews or the school just throw them out. We are finishing up our first block in the next couple of weeks so responses may be delayed. Good luck to you all!
Matriculating next fall...any news on the horizon regarding the expansion of hospitals for clinical rotations? I see the 5 on the website.

Last edited:
Does this school send a complete email? Submitted secondaries a few days ago and just anxiously waiting.

Does this school send a complete email? Submitted secondaries a few days ago and just anxiously waiting.
From my understanding, they send a complete e-mail when the committee is finished reviewing your file and has reached a decision. This is what I understood from my phone conversation with VCOM-Auburn's admissions office. I submitted my secondary 8/28 and I was told my file was yet to be reviewed. So it may be a while before we hear anything.

From my understanding, they send a complete e-mail when the committee is finished reviewing your file and has reached a decision. This is what I understood from my phone conversation with VCOM-Auburn's admissions office. I submitted my secondary 8/28 and I was told my file was yet to be reviewed. So it may be a while before we hear anything.
No I got a complete email back in July, its when you turned all your material in

No I got a complete email back in July, its when you turned all your material in
Hmm, I haven't received one and was told all of my materials are in. They explained that I am "complete" as far as materials are concerned, but I am not "complete" as far as a review is concerned and to expect the complete e-mail when they're done reviewing. Maybe that's just for us that submitted our secondaries a little later? Not sure.

Hmm, I haven't received one and was told all of my materials are in. They explained that I am "complete" as far as materials are concerned, but I am not "complete" as far as a review is concerned and to expect the complete e-mail when they're done reviewing. Maybe that's just for us that submitted our secondaries a little later? Not sure.
yeah because i was complete late july with an actual complete email saying that all my materials were received etc.

It sounds like you're describing some sort of secondary screening from their "review" process. Anyways, it's just a waiting game. We're in the high-volume time of applications when other applicants are already interviewing. Nothing to do, but sit and wait. I'm glad I work weekends so my weekends at least passes by fast.

Cancelling my interview here the 25th, I hope one of you all gets it! keep on trucking you will all get in where you are meant to be

Reactions: 3 users
I got an email over a month ago (9/9) saying my application was complete. I see A LOT of people getting II and acceptances on here with very quick turn around. Should I be worried about the radio silence for a month? 4.0 GPA with a lower end MCAT @ 500. Good stats too, research 3 years, bio tutor 3 years, 2 shadowing physicians, and loads of volunteering. The only thing I haven't been able to do is shadow an actual DO yet, both of mine were MD. Does this hurt me too badly?

I got an email over a month ago (9/9) saying my application was complete. I see A LOT of people getting II and acceptances on here with very quick turn around. Should I be worried about the radio silence for a month? 4.0 GPA with a lower end MCAT @ 500. Good stats too, research 3 years, bio tutor 3 years, 2 shadowing physicians, and loads of volunteering. The only thing I haven't been able to do is shadow an actual DO yet, both of mine were MD. Does this hurt me too badly?

I don't think not shadowing DO will hurt you too badly, although they will require a DO letter once they accept you. I think you have a good shot, but it might take a while before you hear back. It looks like they have ton of apps. Its been over 3 months for me and I still haven't received the complete email. Hang in there buddy!

II today!! Glad I was able to secure a spot a week from today! Really excited for this school after going to the open house earlier this year.:)

Reactions: 2 users
II today!! Glad I was able to secure a spot a week from today! Really excited for this school after going to the open house earlier this year.:)
Congrats! Wish you the best! Let us know how it goes :)

I GOT MY FIRST INTERVIEW HERE TODAY!

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe send me a PM or let me know what you think about this school.

Last edited:
I don't think not shadowing DO will hurt you too badly, although they will require a DO letter once they accept you. I think you have a good shot, but it might take a while before you hear back. It looks like they have ton of apps. Its been over 3 months for me and I still haven't received the complete email. Hang in there buddy!

Thank you for the quick response! Just like everyone else, I'm trying to keep the anxiety at bay lol.

I actually called them about a question I had a few weeks before I got the complete email, and the women checked the computer and told me they had all my information. You may try calling to make sure you're complete!