Edward Via COM - Auburn (VCOM-Auburn) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard anything about wait list movement at all? Any info appreciated!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything about wait list movement at all? Any info appreciated!
There are about 60 people on the waitlist and top 15 got guaranteed seats (**I think**). I don't think many have been pulled off from the top 15 though. It all depends on people giving up their seat... and not a lot of people have posted that they have given up their seats compared to previous year's thread. Hopefully those dropping just aren't saying so on here. So, there is no way of knowing, but fingers crossed for more movement!

Reactions: 1 users
There are about 60 people on the waitlist and top 15 got guaranteed seats (**I think**). I don't think many have been pulled off from the top 15 though. It all depends on people giving up their seat... and not a lot of people have posted that they have given up their seats compared to previous year's thread. Hopefully those dropping just aren't saying so on here. So, there is no way of knowing, but fingers crossed for more movement!

How did you come across those numbers? From SDN postings?

Congrats all of you that have gained acceptance at VCOM! Advice on what you should be doing between now and the start of med school--enjoy doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you!

Any news? This has to be the slowest thread of them all.

One of my friends who doesn't have SDN has been trying to contact ms Oliver for the past week with no luck. Anyone know if they are on a break or something?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

My friend recently emailed her as well and still hasn't heard anything back yet

One of my friends who doesn't have SDN has been trying to contact ms Oliver for the past week with no luck. Anyone know if they are on a break or something?

My friend recently emailed her as well and still hasn't heard anything back yet
I think they may be out because I emailed Ms.Oliver last week and she replied within minutes of me sending it.

I've had to visit student services a couple of times this week for financial aid stuff and each time I was in the office she wasn't there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pardon my impatience but has anyone heard anything this week?

My friend emailed Ms Oliver and got an automated response that she is out until 6/15. So if anyone has been trying to contact her, she is not ignoring you

slowest.thread.ever. Anyone heard anything? I emailed Mrs. Agee in admissions asking about movement last week and did not hear a response. Seems like such little movement for the waitlist... hopefully there hasn't been movement recently because Mrs. Oliver is out of town.

I just applied as an ED applicant, so take everything that I say with a grain of salt. I emailed Ms. Agee a few days ago and she responded to my question, but she didn't have much information about it. So I assume all questions are being delayed until Mrs. Oliver is back.

Any news is welcome. Just seeing others on here asking about news is welcome at this point!

Any news is welcome. Just seeing others on here asking about news is welcome at this point!
Yes! I can't imagine the waiting game you guys are going through. I just sent in my application a few days ago and I'm already anxious lol. But I am one of the most impatient individuals in the world lol.

I'm so surprised there's hardly been any waitlist movement this year! Guess everyone is holding onto their seats. Orientation is in a month.. :eek: Anyone know how many people are on the waitlist?? Seems like only a handful have been pulled off.

Moment of truth. Lets see if the next couple days brings any luck to us in hopes of waitlist movement, since Ms. Oliver is supposed to be back tomorrow!

Did anyone receive any news from Mrs. Oliver today? I talked with Mrs. Agee last week, and she said Mrs. Oliver would be out this week as well.

Just got offered a seat for the class of 2022! Does anyone know what the chances of a seat opening up for this year are? I currently have an acceptance elsewhere, but VCOM is my dream school!

If you receive a deferred acceptance is there any type of commitment you have to make?

Nothing is due quite yet since whether we will start this year or next is still to be determined. A deposit will be due by October once we receive official notice that the offer is for next year.

Just got offered a seat for the class of 2022! Does anyone know what the chances of a seat opening up for this year are? I currently have an acceptance elsewhere, but VCOM is my dream school!

I received it too and I feel the same....accepted somewhere else for this year but this is where I want to go. What to do!!!?

I received that offer almost a months and a half ago and still haven't heard anything and I know others haven't either. Did those of you who received the new offers state it was still possible to be pulled off this year? Mine stated "Although it is still quite possible for you to be called off of the waitlist this year, the admissions committee would like to offer you a seat for the class of 2021 (she meant 2022) at the Auburn Campus, IF we are unable to offer you a seat in the class starting this July 2017."

I have had no more additional info since that email about movement or the guaranteed seat.

Congrats to all! Will those with early acceptances mind sharing their stats? I'm waitlisted at the VA campus and haven't heard a peep.

Anyone know if anyone from the deferred acceptance has been taken off yet? And when is the last day that it is going to be official with deferred acceptance will actually be defer? Up to orientation day or up to white coat ceremony day?

I just got Accepted to start this July from the DA list :)!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Just got the call about an hour ago! I got the guaranteed email back in may!

Reactions: 3 users
My parents filled out a fafsa do I need to do anything?
??????. The parental part of the FAFSA is optional for our school so I didn't even submit any info about my parents. My parents did not fill anything out. I just submitted my own, individual FAFSA. I'm confused about what you're talking about.

Last edited:
Congratulations to all others that have been accepted!! Has anyone been having trouble logging into their VCOM email this weekend?

Can a current student or someone who's been accepted DM me and explain the rotation site setup? Do we have the option of rotating at the other branch campus(es) sites as well?

Submitted primaries --> July 12th
Verified --> July 14th (yet to see my GPA calculations though, not sure I'm looking in the right place)
Received secondaries from both of the Alabama schools, VCOM (today) and ACOM (yesterday).

To any current students or anyone with info, can you explain how the mandatory attendance policy is setup? I'm applying this cycle and I don't mind attending class everyday, but it would be nice to watch the lecture videos while in lecture (I used this strategy in my graduate courses and it worked great). Can you wear ear plugs or are they highly frowned upon?

PM me!

To any current students or anyone with info, can you explain how the mandatory attendance policy is setup? I'm applying this cycle and I don't mind attending class everyday, but it would be nice to watch the lecture videos while in lecture (I used this strategy in my graduate courses and it worked great). Can you wear ear plugs or are they highly frowned upon?

Last edited:

just sit in the back. I watch Netflix all the time.

My lizzie M score is a 59. Does anyone know of anyone who got an interview at VCOM with a similar number?

Russell Medical Center, Medical Center Enterprise, Gadsden Regional Medical Center, Crestwood Medical Center, East Alabama Medical Center,
Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital, Wellington Regional Medical Center, Orange Park Medical Center, Helen Keller Hospital and Grandview Hospital. I'm missing one of them and I have heard through the grapevine they are getting another site in Georgia. The second years found out their placements last Friday.
Do you know if students are able to do entire 3rd year rotations within the same hospital?

You meet with 3 separate interviewers for 30 minutes. Everyone gets a different combination of interviewers. I didn't think any of my questions were off the wall. They all try to make you feel comfortable which makes the 30 minutes fly by. Congrats and good luck!

do you remember if the interviews were open or closed file by any chance?