Embrace the Madness - Hannibal WW Part Deux

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So we have the tourist crew: Stagg, Lucy, me, and SAR
1x ability club: zenge, block santy individual IC?, mighty watcher
Santy also said that was part of his ability. Some mild paranoia he converted Lucy or something

Clem ????
@Clem J ability pls. Might as well now.

Members don't see this ad.

I will say my night results have been minimalistic, so not out of the question that it would just say visited and not specify number.

Reactions: 1 user
Updated role/general thoughts:

Tourists N2 actions:
Stagg -> Lucy (confirmed)
Lucy -> Santy
Samac -> Zenge
(SAR-> Samac

Santy revealed to Lucy (mod confirmed)
Mighty claimed 1x watcher (action confirmed by SAR)
Zenge claimed 1x jailer (action confirmed, wolf killed)

That leaves Clem as the egg to be cracked.

Imo the next move is to vote Clem unless they have a solid ability claim that can be verified. Only one without a claim, has not contributed to wolf hunting meaningfully, and generally laying low makes them the next vote.

If Clem were to flip village there'd be several options if we want to continue to heavily pursue mechanics/roles. SAR has some clarifications to give regarding her claims, so neutral/village leans until then. Zenge isn't cleared based on ability, but having a jailer in a game with multiple compulsory tourists and a PGO wolf/SK seems to be more helpful to village, so some village cred there. Mighty's ability (whether 1x or not) would make sense as as wolf role trying to identify a SK PGO. If he saw a tourist killed by the PGO, he would know not to NK the PGO as well as being able to potentially ID another SK/wolf.

In case I haven’t done it yet
Vote Clem

Members don't see this ad :)
Updated role/general thoughts:

Tourists N2 actions:
Stagg -> Lucy (confirmed)
Lucy -> Santy
Samac -> Zenge
(SAR-> Samac

Santy revealed to Lucy (mod confirmed)
Mighty claimed 1x watcher (action confirmed by SAR)
Zenge claimed 1x jailer (action confirmed, wolf killed)

That leaves Clem as the egg to be cracked.

Imo the next move is to vote Clem unless they have a solid ability claim that can be verified. Only one without a claim, has not contributed to wolf hunting meaningfully, and generally laying low makes them the next vote.

If Clem were to flip village there'd be several options if we want to continue to heavily pursue mechanics/roles. SAR has some clarifications to give regarding her claims, so neutral/village leans until then. Zenge isn't cleared based on ability, but having a jailer in a game with multiple compulsory tourists and a PGO wolf/SK seems to be more helpful to village, so some village cred there. Mighty's ability (whether 1x or not) would make sense as as wolf role trying to identify a SK PGO. If he saw a tourist killed by the PGO, he would know not to NK the PGO as well as being able to potentially ID another SK/wolf.

In case I haven’t done it yet
Vote Clem
Part of me feels we’re making this too easy with the Clem vote. Nagging feeling in my stomach.

I don’t know what to say other than my Poe hasn’t changed since last night.
Sar quick do something super village-y

Uhhhh

Village People Dancing GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Part of me feels we’re making this too easy with the Clem vote. Nagging feeling in my stomach.
You know…correct me if I’m wrong. But it might be worth noting that neither of us have every played with Scum!Stagg…have we?

Members don't see this ad :)
So we have the tourist crew: Stagg, Lucy, me, and SAR
1x ability club: zenge, block santy individual IC?, mighty watcher
Santy also said that was part of his ability. Some mild paranoia he converted Lucy or something

Clem ????
@Clem J ability pls. Might as well now.
Tourist

I'm pretty sure Stagg is mafia lol lemme find the post

I know I know "probably a matching sk" but I'm just gonna use mafia or scum as shorthand and we'll all know what I mean, be descriptivists not prescriptivists

Interesting assumption noted.
Ok so I didn't really think much of this at the time but now with sporty flipping sk and the likelihood kf there being a matching sk, I think this is...look, jts not outing, but i think it's fairly >rand that jts tmi there's no mafia in this game*, which makes them >rand the even night sk.

*or that they thought they'd be the only kp

Something else happened to me last night but I don't think there's a benefit to talking about it beyond this one post acknowledging that it happened

I'm gonna use quotation marks but this is paraphrased

Clem: "hey im sorry i forgot my action, I had [situation] happen, can you just rand my action again please"
Dubz, a very cool mod: "yeah sure don't sweat it, also you're the best mafia player I've ever met and a super cool guy and the best host I've ever seen"

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users

Clem: "hey im sorry i forgot my action, I had [situation] happen, can you just rand my action again please"
Dubz, a very cool mod: "yeah sure don't sweat it, also you're the best mafia player I've ever met and a super cool guy and the best host I've ever seen"
10/10 captured the essence of dubz perfectly

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

And then everyone clapped

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Wait. What if the serial killers are PGOs and they don’t kill directly, they kill by whoever visits them?

Sporty’s didn’t trigger because she was jailed.

So if we know whose tourists are going to visit and then they end up dead we can figure out who the SK is.

Assuming it’s even night, since sporty was odd night last nights visits would have been the first night some one could have died.

So I’d we ignore all the people who visited someone, and all the people who were visited, who’s left?

Wait. What if the serial killers are PGOs and they don’t kill directly, they kill by whoever visits them?

Sporty’s didn’t trigger because she was jailed.

So if we know whose tourists are going to visit and then they end up dead we can figure out who the SK is.

Assuming it’s even night, since sporty was odd night last nights visits would have been the first night some one could have died.

So I’d we ignore all the people who visited someone, and all the people who were visited, who’s left?
Sporty was a 1x PGO + SK on odd nights so I don't think that's the way it works completely. I do assume so many of us are tourists in an effort to kill our asses on PGO's though. This was why I asked if we should all share last night.

• Hmm
Am interested to see what turns up in the flavor around this no kill night.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Also I'm bored and don't have any more thread to catch up on.
*pokes thread*

• Care
But why would a wolf kill someone who has a high chance of being yeeted over someone who is more locked village?

Idk, this argument still skeeves me out but the fact you outed it yourself makes it less wolfy.

Once again, stuck in the new-player-who-thinks-different-to-majority-consensus or wolf debate
I understand your skeptism, because I agree that watching a player like Santy would have been the expected outcome. I feel like Wolf-mighty would watch Santy everytime, because few people would have questioned it. However, I prioritized a less expected move that I thought was more likely to occur.

Ya know tho clem claiming tourist didn't change much for me. I was going to bet that there was a wolf in that tourist group, too easy to game solve otherwise.

KP = Killing Power . But potential is close enough

Day 2

Mukozuke

View attachment 367290

You have to make your own connection to the Ripper, Jack. I can't make it for you.

This killer is not one whose mind Will wishes to inhabit. Not after what he has done. But no one believes him about Hannibal yet, so he must still present the evidence, build the profile. Maybe eventually they will see.

Or will it be too late for all of them? So far those who have discovered the depths of Dr. Lecter's monstrosity have been broken by the process. Declared insane and locked away. Forced to run for fear of their lives. Or become one of his victims, and then one of his gruesome displays. Part of his murderous aesthetic.

Will looks at the panes of glass before him, sections of someone who he had considered a friend. Someone who had been starting to believe him. He would have wept, but all he felt was numb. It was time to end his passivity. It was time to end the games. It was time to end Hannibal Lecter.

~~~~~

Futamono

View attachment 367291

If the Ripper is killing, you can bet Hannibal Lecter is planning a dinner party

Alana Bloom saw Will Graham smile for the first time in what felt like years.
"Where is Hannibal, Will? What have you done?"
"I don't know what you mean Dr. Bloom. I have been here," he said, gesturing to his cell, "Locked away. Kept from being a danger to myself or others."
"You don't seem concerned that Hannibal is missing."
"I am sure Dr. Lecter can take care of himself. He's a cunning, resourceful man."
Alana gazed at this man wearing the face of her friend, and did not recognize him anymore. If he had not been broken before, he was now.

~~~~~

Among Dr. Chilton's personal effects is a recording of a conversation between Will Graham and Abel Gideon. On it, Abel reveals that Hannibal suggested that he kill Alana Bloom. It isn't enough for any kind of legal action. Abel Gideon himself is a pschopath and a murderer, not the most reliable witness. But Jack Crawford is starting to wonder if he put his faith in the wrong man. A man who, now, has disappeared without warning.

He decides he needs to search Hannibal's house. Maybe take a few samples of the meat in his freezer.

~~~~~

Yakimono

View attachment 367293

He wanted to be my friend

Will Graham is free.
Hannibal Lecter, however, is dead.

Fishing lures were found on what remained of his corpse, the pigs that killed him having consumed much of the flesh. The same types of lures had been found in Will's house and had contributed to his imprisonment. But these are made of the remains of people who were killed while Will was locked up. In one fell swoop the FBI has solved the identity of one murderer, and been given a new mystery. The Chesapeake Ripper is dead, but who killed him? Will Graham was still imprisoned at the time. He couldn't have been the one to lower Hannibal into the pig enclosure. And yet...

"I don't know how he did it," said Jack, "But Will Graham did this. Somehow, he is responsible."

But he didn't say it with disgust. There was a hint of awe in his voice. And a touch of pride.

This is my design.

Dead is @SportPonies, who was The Stag, a serial killer who could kill on odd nights and was a 1x PGO.

8 players remain

1. @Santygrass
3. @lucy.
4. @Clem J
5. @SARdoghandler
6. @genny
7. @Stagg737
8. @mightyrunner7
10. @Zenge142

Dead
2. @potentialsheltervet - The Truth Serum - 1x seer
14. @SportPonies - The Stag - 1x PGO Odd Night Serial Killer

Subs

1. @Dinashadow
2. @samac
3. @holdthemayo
4. @WonderingStudent
5. @Animal Midwife

Tots
1. @Lawpy
2. @chicandtoughness
3. @miranda920
4. @VeggieTrex
5. @Viscernable
6. @PlumPoppy
7. @Wondalfy
8. @matthirten13
9. @futuredogtor614
13. @Barkley13
utc. @supershorty

It is now Night 2. Deadline is 10am EST, earlier if all actions are received.
Day 2 flavor updated!

• Love
What else would you expect from a Dubz birthday bash/50th game based on a serial killer tv show thread?
Night 2

I can't believe I'm having to write these words again

No one has died

Flavor for this writeup and the previous one will be updated over my lunch break today. My apologies, the research mines have been quite demanding.

8 players remain

1. @Santygrass
3. @lucy.
4. @Clem J
5. @SARdoghandler
6. @genny
7. @Stagg737
8. @mightyrunner7
10. @Zenge142

Dead
2. @potentialsheltervet - The Truth Serum - 1x seer
14. @SportPonies - The Stag - 1x PGO Odd Night Serial Killer

Subs

1. @Dinashadow
2. @samac
3. @holdthemayo
4. @WonderingStudent
5. @Animal Midwife

Tots
1. @Lawpy
2. @chicandtoughness
3. @miranda920
4. @VeggieTrex
5. @Viscernable
6. @PlumPoppy
7. @Wondalfy
8. @matthirten13
9. @futuredogtor614
13. @Barkley13
utc. @supershorty

It is now Day 3. Vote closes TOMORROW at 10pm EST.
You took me out of the game and put me back in sub chat :unsure:

• Haha
  • Care