Embrace the Madness - Hannibal WW Part Deux

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The first line makes no sense. If the wolves have no other kill method other than PGO, then the game is mechanically broken. I like the other ideas, but that assumes that the other scum is PGO which I wouldn't automatically assume. To answer your last question, here's the breakdown of known night actions

N2 tourism:
Stagg visits Lucy (confirmed)
Lucy visits Santy (cannot confirm)
Samac visits Zenge (confirmed?)
SAR visits Genny/Samac (confirmed)

Clem claims to have randomly visited Santy (cannot confirm)

Mighty watches SAR (confirmed but not tourist)

Based on N2 visits it leaves Clem and Mighty with unconfirmed tourism.

N1 tourism:
Stagg visits Genny/Samac (cannot confirm)
Lucy visits Clem (confirmed)
Genny/Samac visits Sporty (confirmed by scum)
SAR visits Genny/Samac (cannot confirm)
Clem visits Genny/Samac (cannot confirm)

Clem also claims to be a compulsive tourist and was apparently visited by Genny/Samac N1, so that leaves the only person who hasn't visited or been visited as Mighty if everyone is to be believed.
Just a correct there, genny didn’t visit Clem. Clem claims to have visited genny.

Members don't see this ad :)
????

I think you are not getting what I am saying. I am not saying that Clem should be the one visited
You’re saying Clem public ally announce who they’re visiting and then none of the rest of us visit that person to confirm.
If the scum has half a brain they’d kill the target, not Clem.

To cover themselves. Maybe they have another role but seeing as complsive tourists seem to replace vanillagers this game they claimed that.

Im strictly talking about the scenario in where the compulsive tourist thing would be a fakeclaim. We can use mech to prove that scenario wrong or to out them, and we dont lose anything teying it so I think its +ev either way
I agree with what your point.
I will volunteer as tribute for Clem to target. We know I don’t cause deth.

~ In Samac's mind ~

Hmmm who do I vote?

On one hand , I have santy, which had the same progression as me with Mighty, and is softing some mechanical IC that I have caught up.

On the other hand, I have Sporty who was jailed on the no kill night.

*Samac in Sporty voice* : But Sporty has better tone

*Votes Santy*
100% I did that. You felt funny.
Much easier to vote the jailed person as scum and ride the wave tbh.

It's not hard to sprinkle some village as a wolf. I also disagree with the the refusal to vote PSV as points for village. Defending a sus villager and being able to say "told you so" is a very easy wolf tactic to pull off. A bit ballsy, but there were plenty of counterwagons potentially forming.

ETA: I'll also have to go back and reread the logic for watching SAR, but I don't recall being impressed.

Day 1 Sea Urchin tally

stagg (1) - genny
genny () -
mightyrunner (3) - PSV, Zenge, stagg
Zenge () -
lucy (1) -
PSV (4) - SAR, Santy, Clem, sporty
Sporty (1) - mighty
clem ()
SAR(1) - lucy

Day 1 closes TODAY, March 4th, at 10 pm EST (9 pm CT, 8 pm MT, 7 pm Fantasyland) (~9 min remain)

WINNING:
@potentialsheltervet

*Pls tag me if I missed anything*

mads mikkelsen hannibal GIF

I'm really starting to think PSV and myself may have similar abilities, and a yeet if either of us would be a big mistake. My ability is also helpful but can only be used once

I know its not in my best interest to try to deter the PSV train, but I'm really feeling that we are making a mistake with PSV and myself being the main yeets. I know how bad this will look if PSV turns wolf, but I have to say it

@Stagg737, I recommend you double check the context of threadstate during my declarations. PSV had 4 votes, and I had 3 against myself. Additionally, my vote was on Sporty, so the clear move would have been to jump on the PSV wagon for self preservation (5 vs 3).

Instead, I argued to take votes off the PSV wagon. If you think I did a calculated, ballsy plot to protect PSV in order to actually protect myself, you are vastly overestimating my abilities at the panicky night close

Anyway, Santy made a strong case in my defense, so I don't plan to go further down this line unless a wagon forms against me, but I just wanted to document this context

@Stagg737, I recommend you double check the context of threadstate during my declarations. PSV had 4 votes, and I had 3 against myself. Additionally, my vote was on Sporty, so the clear move would have been to jump on the PSV wagon for self preservation (5 vs 3).

Instead, I argued to take votes off the PSV wagon. If you think I did a calculated, ballsy plot to protect PSV in order to actually protect myself, you are vastly overestimating my abilities at the panicky night close

Anyway, Santy made a strong case in my defense, so I don't plan to go further down this line unless a wagon forms against me, but I just wanted to document this context
Your actions around PSV are really the only thing that convinced me you weren’t wolfing.
Day 2: Eggs, Pancetta, Crayfish Vote Tally

Zenge ()
Clem (3) - Stagg, Sporty, samac >>>genny
Sporty (5) - Zenge, mightyrunner, Santy, Clem, lucy
Santy () -
mighty () -

8/9
WINNING: @SportPonies
MISSING:
@SARdoghandler

Vote closes TODAY, 3/6 at 10pm EST (9pm Central, 8pm Mountain, 7pm Pacific, 11pm AST, 12am UTC-3) (~1 min remain)
lector-hannibal.gif
entirely just realized sar never voted
Sar whyyyyyy

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
So what’s more likely: a lone scum jumps on the east yeet of the person who’s jailed or they make other pushes?

The issue now is I don’t feel I have another push to make besides Clem.
I still don’t know why sar is so village tho

I also didn’t think about visiting the same person 2 nights in a row but I guess it doesn’t say anything to prevent that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Village - Santy
Village lean - Zenge, Lucy
POE - everyone else

Santy and Zenge get points due to verified actions.
I'm feeling we have granted too many Village points to the tourists. Lucy was the first to make a public declaration (with rationale that I understand), so I'll grant them points above the rest for now.

The other 4 deserve a harder look. At this point, I could see myself voting for any of them, although I'd probably categorize Stagg as least sus and Clem as most Sus

Village - Santy
Village lean - Zenge, Lucy
POE - everyone else

Santy and Zenge get points due to verified actions.
I'm feeling we have granted too many Village points to the tourists. Lucy was the first to make a public declaration (with rationale that I understand), so I'll grant them points above the rest for now.

The other 4 deserve a harder look. At this point, I could see myself voting for any of them, although I'd probably categorize Stagg as least sus and Clem as most Sus
if zenge and Sporty weren’t in a pack together why does zenge get points for his action? Do you have another reason to village read him?

disclaimer: I think zenge is village for other reasons.

I also fully admit I’m not very good at finding independents. Please see 10th anniversary and Zenge’s skelly win for reference.
Im much better at finding people who interact weirdly with each other and them being wolfy.

Whoever the other person is had reason to scum hunt D1/D2. They weren’t protecting a partner.

i’m probably gonna push a clem chop this cycle

he’s unreadable now and we have virtually no deaths with a sk down

i think it’s optimal and gut says last wolf/sk in the tourist claims

@Zenge142 you were asking about stagg and not seeing him scum, but how do you feel about his reaction to Lucy and being the first one out there tk hard claim another tourist?
I think genny softed it first with her reaction to Lucy and talking about a PGO but stagg went for it.

• Hmm
i’m probably gonna push a clem chop this cycle

he’s unreadable now and we have virtually no deaths with a sk down

i think it’s optimal and gut says last wolf/sk in the tourist claims
I agree it feels like a good spot to look at. I don’t like that he late claimed people who were already known to be visited on thread and we’d confirmed we don’t know about 1 or more visitors.

I’m spinning my wheels here trying to think of another logical suspect besides Clem and I can’t.

Sar, me, stagg, and Lucy all have confirmed individual visits, yes?

I’m spinning my wheels here trying to think of another logical suspect besides Clem and I can’t.

Sar, me, stagg, and Lucy all have confirmed individual visits, yes?
i’ve only gotten a few hours of sleep and i have to do something right now but i believe 2 people claimed to visit me and i only had 1 visitor. can you do me a favor and see who the two people are

i’ve only gotten a few hours of sleep and i have to do something right now but i believe 2 people claimed to visit me and i only had 1 visitor. can you do me a favor and see who the two people are
I can look, but I don’t think we get told how my visitors we have. Just if we got visited. I apparently had 3 people visit me N1 and there’s nothing in the night results to support multiples.

if zenge and Sporty weren’t in a pack together why does zenge get points for his action? Do you have another reason to village read him?

disclaimer: I think zenge is village for other reasons.

Nice disclaimer. I get your point that SK!zenge would have also yeeted sporty. I guess I struggle to believe we have 5 "vanilla" tourists, but the jailer is also a serial killer. I find it more likely that the serial killer is within the tourists.

Although that rationale only holds if we are convinced there is only 1 SK left. Is it possible we could have had 3 SK within 10 players?

Nice disclaimer. I get your point that SK!zenge would have also yeeted sporty. I guess I struggle to believe we have 5 "vanilla" tourists, but the jailer is also a serial killer. I find it more likely that the serial killer is within the tourists.

Although that rationale only holds if we are convinced there is only 1 SK left. Is it possible we could have had 3 SK within 10 players?
You weren’t supposed the read the disclaimer! Are you a dark moder?
That’s 30% scum that’s high. I won’t say it’s impossible given scum could accidentally kill scum
If it’s all independent but I don’t design games.
@SARdoghandler @Zenge142 may be better at saying 3 independents or 1 2 person wolf pack and a SK would be reasonable in a game this size. My gut says no

Actually all I see is stagg claiming they visited you.
Last night have you and Clem claiming santy
Sar claiming me
Stagg you.
That’s all tourists accounted for right?

That’s 30% scum that’s high. I won’t say it’s impossible given scum could accidentally kill scum
@SARdoghandler @Zenge142 may be better at saying 3 independents or 1 2 person wolf pack and a SK would be reasonable in a game this size. My gut says no
No, I just got annoyed at the random blank space at the end of your post and tried to delete

My gut says 2x SKs

@Zenge142 you were asking about stagg and not seeing him scum, but how do you feel about his reaction to Lucy and being the first one out there tk hard claim another tourist?
I think genny softed it first with her reaction to Lucy and talking about a PGO but stagg went for it.
I guess I’m not sure what to make of it, and it’s starting to make me feel like we shouldn’t get too bogged down in the mechanics?
PSV (4) - SAR, Santy, Clem, stagg
I still don’t think this wagon was pure. Especially with PSV claiming seer

I still don’t think this wagon was pure. Especially with PSV claiming seer
Awww our guts are in similar realms.
You got any thoughts besides Clem?
I’m trying to do my best by AM and not get stuck in the cycle but I can’t unstick
Is there anyone on that list you feel is lock clear?

Day 3: Sushi and Sashimi Vote Tally

Clem (3) - genny>>samac, Stagg, SAR
genny>>samac (1) - Santy
stuff (1) - Clem

4/8
Missing: @lucy. @Clem J @Zenge142 @mightyrunner7

Vote closes TOMORROW, 3/8/23 at 10pm EST (9pm Central, 8pm Mountain, 7pm Pacific, 11pm AST, 12am UTC-3) (~24 h remain)
cannibal-hannibal.gif

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
Is there anyone on that list you feel is lock clear?
On the PSV wagon? Her claim did come with only 4 minutes to go so there’s the aspect of who saw it.
I guess santy would be the only lock clear cause *mechanics*
Who’s left on the wagon I can’t get off?
Clem :cautious:

I also agree about getting bogged down in mechanics. I’ve been trying to think through independently of the mechanics who I would vote for by the rest of the game state.
Clem independently hasn’t had much to add regardless of claims. I feel like this is kind of Clem at baseline though, he was a pretty easy misyeet last game.
Stagg’s logic feels Good and solid and like he’s actually trying to do things. I also liked how he jumped at Lucy with her claim. It felt genuine. I’m a WIFOM world though I always find him sketchy as **** and the fact that I don’t might be something off?
I still have no good reason to village read sar lol.

Early on I’ll admit in my sub chat I was most suspect of mighty and PSV so I get the reasoning behind the PSV wagon. When she asked for one day though I said I would have backed off. I wasn’t sure why that made her more sketch to people.

What’s your thoughts on the wagon?

On the PSV wagon? Her claim did come with only 4 minutes to go so there’s the aspect of who saw it.
I guess santy would be the only lock clear cause *mechanics*
Who’s left on the wagon I can’t get off?
Clem :cautious:

I also agree about getting bogged down in mechanics. I’ve been trying to think through independently of the mechanics who I would vote for by the rest of the game state.
Clem independently hasn’t had much to add regardless of claims. I feel like this is kind of Clem at baseline though, he was a pretty easy misyeet last game.
Stagg’s logic feels Good and solid and like he’s actually trying to do things. I also liked how he jumped at Lucy with her claim. It felt genuine. I’m a WIFOM world though I always find him sketchy as **** and the fact that I don’t might be something off?
I still have no good reason to village read sar lol.

Early on I’ll admit in my sub chat I was most suspect of mighty and PSV so I get the reasoning behind the PSV wagon. When she asked for one day though I said I would have backed off. I wasn’t sure why that made her more sketch to people.

What’s your thoughts on the wagon?
It seems like Clem is going to get yeeted today, barring some tectonic thread shift. He does have potential scum equity, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he flipped town either. Real 50/50.

As for Sar and Stagg, I can’t realistically clear SAR and there’s a part of my brain that’s like “what if Stagg’s scum meta is to get super active and villagey?!”

If it’s not the case and Clem flips village, do you think you’d look between SAR and Stagg or would you look elsewhere at like Mighty?

It seems like Clem is going to get yeeted today, barring some tectonic thread shift. He does have potential scum equity, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he flipped town either. Real 50/50.

As for Sar and Stagg, I can’t realistically clear SAR and there’s a part of my brain that’s like “what if Stagg’s scum meta is to get super active and villagey?!”

If it’s not the case and Clem flips village, do you think you’d look between SAR and Stagg or would you look elsewhere at like Mighty?
I have a hard time finding a noob serial killer defending PSV when they’re the second leading wagon. It would be a brilliant move but really ballsy.

I would look at sar and Stagg next, I’d try and go back and find a stagg wolf game to look at and Madagascar.
I’d be silly if I entirely ruled you out because I can’t clear you for the jail, but you hit me as village zenges.

I guess my list of most to least sus, assuming Lucy and santy aren’t a conspiracy which my brain can’t handle goes like this

Clem
Sar
Stagg
Mighty
Zenges
Lucy
Santy

Tinfoil hot off the press what if the last killer is a tourist that has to get their prey alone and the reason there was no kill last night is there were multiple people targeting the same person.

• Wow

If you guys don't flip Stagg tomorrow I'm gonna be mildly annoyed

I think we’re stalled.
Zenges
How you reading me
I think the stall is caused by the fact that we can analyze this problem from a few different angles, but many of them end at Clem. Therefore, I really don't think we will make much progress until we resolve the Clem issue.

Yeet Clem @kaydubs

Reactions: 1 users