Estimated Enrollment: 35% Male, 65% Female

Started by hornblower
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I usually study alone though because I have a weird schedule and I'm usually busy unless it's like 7am or 12am.


Yikes. Count me out on the 7a.m unless we're doing one last run down before a exam. I usually do my run-thru early in the morning. I hate trying to rush thru RIGHT before exam.


I had a chem professor tell me once...At some point, you either know the stuff or you dont, no need to look at your book/notes--odds are, you'll psyche yourself out...
 
Yikes. Count me out on the 7a.m unless we're doing one last run down before a exam. I usually do my run-thru early in the morning. I hate trying to rush thru RIGHT before exam.


I had a chem professor tell me once...At some point, you either know the stuff or you dont, no need to look at your book/notes--odds are, you'll psyche yourself out...

I think before every exam Ive taken, someone in the class had mentioned something to me, or I look up some information last minute and it just happens to be on the exam. Then im really glad I looked it over.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yikes. Count me out on the 7a.m unless we're doing one last run down before a exam. I usually do my run-thru early in the morning. I hate trying to rush thru RIGHT before exam.


I had a chem professor tell me once...At some point, you either know the stuff or you dont, no need to look at your book/notes--odds are, you'll psyche yourself out...
I think before every exam Ive taken, someone in the class had mentioned something to me, or I look up some information last minute and it just happens to be on the exam. Then im really glad I looked it over.

Well, it usually depends on the person though.

Sometimes you can spend time keeping in mind what you looked up a minute before the test, but that can mean that you can forget definitions that you studied the night before.
 
I think before every exam Ive taken, someone in the class had mentioned something to me, or I look up some information last minute and it just happens to be on the exam. Then im really glad I looked it over.


I've had the opposite. Someone will ask me something and I get stumped and I panic and start looking through and boom----go into an exam that way. I dont like answering q's before exam. I just want to sit down, start the exam, finish and then cry a bit afterwards 🙂 I hear it's therapeutic. We have a group cry-session after every biochem exam..
 
I've had the opposite. Someone will ask me something and I get stumped and I panic and start looking through and boom----go into an exam that way. I dont like answering q's before exam. I just want to sit down, start the exam, finish and then cry a bit afterwards 🙂 I hear it's therapeutic. We have a group cry-session after every biochem exam..

haha soothes the soul.
 
I really hope your kidding. I really was not trying to leave that type of impression. I have two younger sisters and my dad constantly tell me something similar to what you told your friend. I'll tell you, it works. I have the utmost respect for women so please dont get the wrong idea lol.

aww, youre fine...i didnt pickup a bad impression
 
haha soothes the soul.


Word 🙂

So say Midwestern--Glendale says yup to you, will you come out west?

I liked their campus, 10 mins away from where I live. I applied, they put my app on hold---whatever the heck that means.
 
Word 🙂

So say Midwestern--Glendale says yup to you, will you come out west?

I liked their campus, 10 mins away from where I live. I applied, they put my app on hold---whatever the heck that means.

Yeah I think I will. I'm really tired of the weather here and could use some change in my life. Also, its an accelerated program, so I'd be finished sooner than anticipated. I'm the oldest in my family and I feel kind of scared and guilty about leaving. I don't wanna abandon my family. AZ is long ways away from chi town.
 
Yeah I think I will. I'm really tired of the weather here and could use some change in my life. Also, its an accelerated program, so I'd be finished sooner than anticipated. I'm the oldest in my family and I feel kind of scared and guilty about leaving. I don't wanna abandon my family. AZ is long ways away from chi town.

People I've met from Arizona so far have been mostly nice. And I think they have a lot of pretty girls there :laugh: But, I'm saying that based on two girls I know from Arizona.
 
Yeah I think I will. I'm really tired of the weather here and could use some change in my life. Also, its an accelerated program, so I'd be finished sooner than anticipated. I'm the oldest in my family and I feel kind of scared and guilty about leaving. I don't wanna abandon my family. AZ is long ways away from chi town.

I'm in the same boat as you--could use the changes. Im kind of nervous about going all the way to your neck of the woods---temp wise at least. I've only seen snow 2x in my entire life....


I'm pretty close to my siblings myself so it'll be weird being away from them---I think that'll be the most difficult part but such is life man--gotta do what you've got to do.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm in the same boat as you--could use the changes. Im kind of nervous about going all the way to your neck of the woods---temp wise at least. I've only seen snow 2x in my entire life....


I'm pretty close to my siblings myself so it'll be weird being away from them---I think that'll be the most difficult part but such is life man--gotta do what you've got to do.

That's what I keep telling myself. 😀
 
People I've met from Arizona so far have been mostly nice. And I think they have a lot of pretty girls there :laugh: But, I'm saying that based on two girls I know from Arizona.


We're not bad, for the most part. Just dont catch any of us on a 120 degs day---we're not nice then. If you want pretty girls and cool ppls, Tempe/Scottsdale is it. Tempe is practically filled w/ ASU students...considering close to 68k attend the main campus lol.
 
Studying with people you don't know well can be a good way to meet people. If you keep it formal and talk about classwork only, you could get a lot done.

Well yeah getting stuff done was my goal but a lot of people do try and meet people too.

I only study at 7am if I have an exam that day. I need to refresh from the night before. It's not that I cram everything... I do know the material and concepts, but in subjects with a lot of memorization of key terms and stuff you sort of need the review.
 
We're not bad, for the most part. Just dont catch any of us on a 120 degs day---we're not nice then. If you want pretty girls and cool ppls, Tempe/Scottsdale is it. Tempe is practically filled w/ ASU students...considering close to 68k attend the main campus lol.

Well, one girl I knew was from Sierra Vista. Do you know much about that part of the state?
 
No sir---wouldnt mind getting to know her though ;-) I kid, I kid.

:laugh:

The only part of Arizona I've been to was around Flagstaff. Part of that town reminded me of a city where I went to undergrad because they were structured similarly.
 
:laugh:

The only part of Arizona I've been to was around Flagstaff. Part of that town reminded me of a city where I went to undergrad because they were structured similarly.


Flagstaff is awesome. Went there couple times. Have couple friends, actually used to--theyve since graduated but they went to NAU. They'd often have bonfire and enjoy themselves.....
 
that's sweet, but yeah right! ive completely hung myself. I got no people skills, just call me Bobby Boucher (aka "bobby bu-shay..The Waterboy)

It's not like we're gonna call you a newbie :laugh: Don't worry. Once you meet the right people, you'll feel comfortable with meeting ones you don't know 🙂

I used to be not such a people person until I started trying to meet people on my own and working with the general public. It gets easier after that first time you go out of your way to introduce yourself to someone from school/work/class/wherever.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
okay, so how do all you youngens know about The Waterboy? You couldn't been older than 9 or 10 when it came out? lol
 
I've heard of it, but I don't think I ever watched it.

You should've kept quiet Bob, crazy you. Now you're out of the hunt. That was Scooby's way of filtering out the young'ngs from the grown folks.....*adjusts his adult huggies*
 
You should've kept quiet Bob, crazy you. Now you're out of the hunt. That was Scooby's way of filtering out the young'ngs from the grown folks.....*adjusts his adult huggies*

:laugh:

The Waterboy (1998) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120484/

I was probably 10 or 11 back then. I do remember one time in 4th grade when I told this girl that I wanted to marry her :laugh: Actually, she asked "do you want to marry me?" and I said "Yeah."
 
okay, so how do all you youngens know about The Waterboy? You couldn't been older than 9 or 10 when it came out? lol

lol define youngin...

You should've kept quiet Bob, crazy you. Now you're out of the hunt. That was Scooby's way of filtering out the young'ngs from the grown folks.....*adjusts his adult huggies*

pfshh im rockin depends.
 
You should've kept quiet Bob, crazy you. Now you're out of the hunt. That was Scooby's way of filtering out the young'ngs from the grown folks.....*adjusts his adult huggies*

😱 oh my lawwrd, where are you getting this from?? lol

you threw me back in man huntress mode, looks like...:laugh:
 
:laugh:

The Waterboy (1998) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120484/

I was probably 10 or 11 back then. I do remember one time in 4th grade when I told this girl that I wanted to marry her :laugh: Actually, she asked "do you want to marry me?" and I said "Yeah."


You're in good shape then man---you showed early on that youre a man who means business, isnt afraid of committment or what he wants. At that age, I was probably chewing crayola---Im such a late bloomer lol
 
looks like people have already developed impressions about you 😉

:laugh:

Well, I'd say "people can think whatever they want and you shouldn't let it bother you too much." But she might be concerned about what he thinks of her. Whatever the reason for that might be... :laugh:
 
looks like people have already developed impressions about you 😉


No, never that. Scooby is of only few ppl that I can openly joke with.


Scooby, buddy, eff the impressions, you're cool as they come and that's my story folks 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
:laugh:

Well, I'd say "people can think whatever they want and you shouldn't let it bother you too much." But she might be concerned about what he thinks of her. Whatever the reason for that might be... :laugh:

thanks H...

you 3 boys are cool, I just wouldn't want a third party who is not part of the convo to get the wrong impression..thats all..but they shouldn't..
 
No, never that. Scooby is of only few ppl that I can openly joke with.


Scooby, buddy, eff the impressions, you're cool as they come and that's my story folks 🙂

Thank you, Canes. I'm taking that compliment and runnin w/ it!! :laugh: