Estimated Enrollment: 35% Male, 65% Female

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
okay...since i dont like to owe people, i'll give it now........

my pillows and I...we are platonic..theres my secret..;)

Spare us the details ;) and it doesnt count as one. I'll just ambush you one of these days, til then, squeeze tight.......snap out of it, didnt mean that way.

Members don't see this ad.

but you have heard a lot of people say that, CrazyB?? :laugh:

No not that either. But that's more... umm... understandable I guess, since it sounds like something people might talk about from dating or whatever.

Being platonic with a pillow sounds like something no one would ever say :laugh:

Spare us the details ;) and it doesnt count as one. I'll just ambush you one of these days, til then, squeeze tight.......snap out of it, didnt mean that way.

:confused: hmmm, okay....but til then, I will have to figure out what you just said...:whistle:

Members don't see this ad :)
No not that either. But that's more... umm... understandable I guess, since it sounds like something people might talk about from dating or whatever.

Being platonic with a pillow sounds like something no one would ever say :laugh:

well, he told us what happens between him and his pillows, so then he said I owed him...therefore, i had to share what action i get w/my pillows too...see? so we can be even steven...:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
What the hell happened to this thread...

we should change the title to "yet another off topic thread PART II"! LOL... :laugh:

Okay, back to studying...:rolleyes:

Just out of curiousity relating to the ratio of females to males....

What's your preference, as far as studying----do you find it easier/harder to study w/ males or females?

For me, I give slight edge to the opposite sex. I dont want to generalize but speaking from my past study partners and what-not, the chicas are much prepared---rubs off on me, keeps me in check.....but w/ the fellas, I like that I am able to study with them but also develope a relationship outside of the classroom--join bball leagues/soccer, whatever or even watch some games together, develope a bond.

What's your preference, as far as studying----do you find it easier/harder to study w/ males or females?

For me, I give slight edge to the opposite sex. I dont want to generalize but speaking from my past study partners and what-not, the chicas are much prepared---rubs off on me, keeps me in check.....but w/ the fellas, I like that I am able to study with them but also develope a relationship outside of the classroom--join bball leagues/soccer, whatever or even watch some games together, develope a bond.

Girls distract me.

Depends on the subject. I like studying pchem and mathy subjects with men, more conceptual type of classes with women. Women seem much more observant and are able to pick up on many more cues than men, analyze everything to a greater detail.

Depends on the subject. I like studying pchem and mathy subjects with men, more conceptual type of classes with women. Women seem much more observant and are able to pick up on many more cues than men, analyze everything to a greater detail.

Nice. I cant recall the last time I have asked a fellow male classmate for notes :) I go to the source: my female classmates....legible and beautifully written notes *not to say some of us men arent good note takers*

In what ways? if you dont mind me asking *I wont insinuate anything*

Sorry, correction, pretty girls distract me. I tend to go off on tangents when I study with good looking women. I end up wanting to talk about other things and get to know them better. This isn't always the case though. I am usually pretty good about focusing, especially if its close to exam time and I'm not prepared.

:thumbup: great job cleaning up your mess! (that you did 100% by yourself, if I may add :cool: )

Hahah, that is not flirting my friend. I try to avoid flirting online lol.

Yeah, because in the odd chance of you two meeting at one of the SDN meets, things may happen.

As a long timer, I have not only heard of SDN meets, I'm fully aware of their potential implications. Doesn't apply to me of course, but to a few of my peers. :laugh:

Yeah, because in the odd chance of you two meeting at one of the SDN meets, things may happen.

As a long timer, I have not only heard of SDN meets, I'm fully aware of their potential implications. Doesn't apply to me of course, but to a few of my peers. :laugh:

hahah. SDN meets eh? Describe these implications...

Sorry, correction, pretty girls distract me. I tend to go off on tangents when I study with good looking women. I end up wanting to talk about other things and get to know them better. This isn't always the case though. I am usually pretty good about focusing, especially if its close to exam time and I'm not prepared.

Would you not say that's more of YOUR doing than them ;-)

Yeah, because in the odd chance of you two meeting at one of the SDN meets,

haha..not gonna happen

things may happen.

not gonna happen x infinity

Jesus, you guys are such flirts :laugh:

Scooby has perfected the art of online seduction. I ALMOST gave her my facebook password. Thank god the wifi I was stealing booted me out....

Scooby has perfected the art of online seduction. I ALMOST gave her my facebook password. Thank god the wifi I was stealing booted me out....

:confused: i cannot believe youre throwing me under the bus like that...lol

what did i do, Canes? Let me know so i can behave next time :laugh:

This may seem drastic but um, I believe it'll help some of us *looking at docss26's direction*

I had a buddy that'd always make some sexual remark or after the girl leaves, he'd run ten different scenes of THEM. Anywho, I told him something along the lines of "think of your sisters when naughty thoughts and what-not come to mind....that ought to keep you in check" lmao. It worked.

Disclaimer:

Does not apply to populations w/ a high inbreeding coefficient....

Initially yes, but they have the power to control what happens. They just choose not to. ;)

Haha I know right....I'm with you on that:laugh: That's why I befriend w/ mean girls---those not afraid to snap you out of it.

This may seem drastic but um, I believe it'll help some of us *looking at docss26's direction*

I had a buddy that'd always make some sexual remark or after the girl leaves, he'd run ten different scenes of THEM. Anywho, I told him something along the lines of "think of your sisters when naughty thoughts and what-not come to mind....that ought to keep you in check" lmao. It worked.

Disclaimer:

this doesn't answer my question! :cool:

:confused: i cannot believe youre throwing me under the bus like that...lol

what did i do, Canes? Let me know so i can behave next time :laugh:

Hmmm, buuuuuuuus *has done strange things on the bus* Ahem, for what's worth Scooby, I think you're cooler than me.

alone or w/girls! Boys can be quite the disruptive creatures. Wouldn't you say so? :)

Boys ARE disruptive! :thumbup: But I like studying in a group of like 2 guys and 2 girls because it evens things out. That's how we did it for O Chem II and it worked out well. We would usually get some food and coffee and reserve a room in the library so we wouldn't disturb others. Once they started a food fight with tacos and burritos. :laugh: I think studying one on one is kind of awkward if you don't really know the other person that well, but in a small group you have different insights and there is always at least one person who can explain a difficult problem, etc. Plus it's a good way to meet people.

Disclaimer:

I really hope your kidding. I really was not trying to leave that type of impression. I have two younger sisters and my dad constantly tell me something similar to what you told your friend. I'll tell you, it works. I have the utmost respect for women so please dont get the wrong idea lol.

I usually study alone though because I have a weird schedule and I'm usually busy unless it's like 7am or 12am.

I really hope your kidding. I really was not trying to leave that type of impression. I have two younger sisters and my dad constantly tell me something similar to what you told your friend. I'll tell you, it works. I have the utmost respect for women so please dont get the wrong idea lol.

I was and am buddy. It does work though---no doubt about it. I distinctly remember trying to hook up with this chick one time and I was suggestings of thing to do and what-not........then she said "soo, you'd be okay with it if your sister does that?"

Let's just say I threw up and NEVER asked her for xmas favors after lol.

I was and am buddy. It does work though---no doubt about it. I distinctly remember trying to hook up with this chick one time and I was suggestings of thing to do and what-not........then she said "soo, you'd be okay with it if your sister does that?"

Let's just say I threw up and NEVER asked her for xmas favors after lol.

lmao, I think I would have had a similar reaction.

Boys ARE disruptive! :thumbup: But I like studying in a group of like 2 guys and 2 girls because it evens things out. That's how we did it for O Chem II and it worked out well. We would usually get some food and coffee and reserve a room in the library so we wouldn't disturb others. Once they started a food fight with tacos and burritos. :laugh: I think studying one on one is kind of awkward if you don't really know the other person that well, but in a small group you have different insights and there is always at least one person who can explain a difficult problem, etc. Plus it's a good way to meet people.

Studying with people you don't know well can be a good way to meet people. If you keep it formal and talk about classwork only, you could get a lot done.