You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Fall Reading WWeek Short/Small Game - Interest/Signup thread
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Assuming neither of us has a NK block 😉
But it's like that game with wolf @Crayola227 avoiding the lynch. Lynch avoidance is a very frustrating aspect for me in WW.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
But nonetheless, good game to the wolves and congrats on your win.
It's ok, I almost moved my vote to shelter off Capri D1Should've listened to Pawsy and gone after capri from the start. My mistake
Can i be added to the dead chat or spec chat or both? Curious to read some of those juicy thoughts 
It's ok, I almost moved my vote to shelter off Capri D1
I just wish @Melchizedek was active.
I wish he hadn't convinced me my logic on AM was wrong, though that's what put him in my village list so 6 in one hand, half dozen in the other...I just wish @Melchizedek was active.
Dead chat for me too. I also permanent removed myself from spec chat so can't be added back :-(
I'm just a bit sad regarding inactivity. Lots of important thoughts that can be provided by villagers had they been more active.
But i also am even sadder of having to deal with a wolf with lynch avoidance on LYLO. I got distracted by Cray and only got focused on D4.
But i also am even sadder of having to deal with a wolf with lynch avoidance on LYLO. I got distracted by Cray and only got focused on D4.
Dead chat for me too. I also permanent removed myself from spec chat so can't be added back :-(
Yep same. Dead chat it is.
It was a valiant effort, but the night before the exam was here. There was no time left to spread out studying over multiple subjects anymore. With a sigh of resignation, SAR lovingly placed The James Herriot Collection under the bed with the others. She had bought it as a studying reward for herself, something to remind her why she had gone through this mess called vet school in the first place. There would be no time to read it for motivation now.
Discarded is Lawper, The James Herriot Collection, and a vanillager.
That left only two books remaining. Cunningham's Textbook of Veterinary Physiology was calling, begging to be read. But SAR didn't think she had the focus left anymore. Instead, she picked up Saunders Veterinary Anatomy Colouring Book and her coloured pencils. That was kind of like studying, right? Cunningham's sadly made its way under the bed to join the rest of the textbooks in the forgotten dust.
Discarded is Paws, Cunningham's Textbook of Veterinary Physiology, and a vanillager.
Remaining is Capri, Saunders Veterinary Anatomy Colouring Book, and a wolf who could avoid death one time.
Wolves win!
I'll take solace in the fact I recognized AM-capri pairing in D4 and went with it. Also nice job @sheltermed for suspecting the pair in D1.
Mods, dead chat please for me and Pawsy?
Mods, dead chat please for me and Pawsy?
Did Wolfie's know @Dandelion18 was seer? Who did she try to seer N1?
Mods, dead chat please for me and Pawsy?
Gotta ask KD, I cannot add people
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did Wolfie's know @Dandelion18 was seer? Who did she try to seer N1?
Nope, just a very good choice on a D1 kill. She seered Cray and got results the night she died.
Btw i'm out of commission in WW for a while. D4 mass posting wiped me out 

Last time i did something similar was in @vetmedhead MMeat game against Mixy/Weim/Mama as a sub.
Last time i did something similar was in @vetmedhead MMeat game against Mixy/Weim/Mama as a sub.
I'm just happy I didn't get fully pocketed by AM. I knew soon she would wolf without me and I wasn't sure if I would know it
Gotta ask KD, I cannot add people
@kaydubs bump!
Nope, just a very good choice on a D1 kill. She seered Cray and got results the night she died.
Yeah that was a damaging kill. My guess is AM/capri got wary of dandy's analysis posts in D1 and thought dandy soft hinted seer or something. Dandy's posts read most analytical than anyone else.
Also btw I ignored mutty's posts for the most part since she was undermining my AM case by mirroring and going after Pawsy for some reason. I don't think anyone brought that up luckily.
I knew I wouldn't die today, so I just halfheartedly defended a little so you wouldn't get suspicious that I wanted to be lynched or something 😉
View attachment 242121
I knew I wouldn't die today, so I just halfheartedly defended a little so you wouldn't get suspicious that I wanted to be lynched or something 😉
It already became apparent after the AM flip but I thought you would've killed me in N4 because Pawsy contingency lynched Mel.
capri could've won without using the lynch avoidance at all since Pawsy went after Mel and Mel isn't active to respond.
Also, Paws, we realized mass-revealing was a possibility and I had a giant list of veterinary textbooks prepared for cover roles lol
It didn't really matter who I killed N4 as long as nobody had a vig ability. AM & I were paranoid about that all game. But once y'all decided to no-lynch and Cray was dead, the game was over.It already became apparent after the AM flip but I thought you would've killed me in N4 because Pawsy contingency lynched Mel.
But it's so much fun to want to be lynched and win!capri could've won without using the lynch avoidance at all since Pawsy went after Mel and Mel isn't active to respond.
I'm just happy I didn't get fully pocketed by AM. I knew soon she would wolf without me and I wasn't sure if I would know it
I was making serious comments about your play on the thread and often feel trapped by it as a wolf.
It didn't really matter who I killed N4 as long as nobody had a vig ability. AM & I were paranoid about that all game. But once y'all decided to no-lynch and Cray was dead, the game was over.
I know but killing me and getting Mel lynched is an even better win. You could easily brainwash Pawsy for that.
Killing Mel just made things obvious but village didn't know about the lynch avoidance. It's just information asymmetry favoring the wolves.
I just really dislike dealing with wolves with death avoidance, but thanks to this game, i'm fundamentally opposed to no lynches going forward.
Thanks @Crayola227 for recognizing the AM plot.
Thanks @Crayola227 for recognizing the AM plot.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Great game everyone!
Well i'm just happy it wasn't a sweep and we managed to lynch AM at least.
I know no one's going to believe me, but this situation was actually an anomaly for no lynch due to the avoidance. It actually is helpful for the village > 95% of the time.
Ehh love death avoidance as a wolf lolI just really dislike dealing with wolves with death avoidance, but thanks to this game, i'm fundamentally opposed to no lynches going forward.
Thanks @Crayola227 for recognizing the AM plot.
Well my lessons to be learned is to always strongly oppose no lynches and factor in likelihood of wolves having death avoidance in games.
Also inactivity is terrible and fundamentally favors wolves.
Also inactivity is terrible and fundamentally favors wolves.
Yeah, I'm not sure I would have voted for AM that day so unless we could have gotten Mel on the Capri lynxh, it might have just ended the game that day.I know no one's going to believe me, but this situation was actually an anomaly for no lynch due to the avoidance. It actually is helpful for the village > 95% of the time.
I know no one's going to believe me, but this situation was actually an anomaly for no lynch due to the avoidance. It actually is helpful for the village > 95% of the time.
The problem with SDN WW games is wolves are regularly having death avoidance abilities, which is something I strongly oppose. It was impossible for village to kill wolf Cray with death avoidance and village lost because they wasted lynches on Cray. The existence of death avoidance destroys all benefits of no lynch for village. Wolf death avoidance worsens the information asymmetry that is hurting the village.
As long as wolf death avoidance remains a strong possibility of being utilized, which it will, I will always oppose no lynches.
Added y’all the best I could.
Thanks for letting me sidecar, @SARdoghandler . Good fun!!
Good job, players!
Maybe I’ll make my return to WW on a screen near you 😉
Thanks for letting me sidecar, @SARdoghandler . Good fun!!
Good job, players!
Maybe I’ll make my return to WW on a screen near you 😉
I just really dislike dealing with wolves with death avoidance
It was the only way I could think of to balance out a 10 player game with a pre done 9 player set up 🙁
Just to clarify, the wolves won the game fairly and i congratulate them on the win. I just hate having to deal with wolf death avoidance abilities on top of inactivity from villagers.
From wolf chat the day of the no-lynch:i'm fundamentally opposed to no lynches going forward.
The only problem is the village doesn't know it's actually suboptimal to no lynch in this situation. So I feel like it's never going to be used again after backfiring and then I'll be sad about not having it anymore.
From wolf chat the day of the no-lynch:
Well i'm sorry. As long as wolf death avoidance remains a possibility, I can't support a no lynch going forward.
Good job @SARdoghandler thanks for letting me be lazy!
Okay, so I have to ask. What was the reasoning behind Capri and AM lynching together so much? That it was so obvious that it couldn't possibly be true? Here was my thought on Capri as the second wolf from dead chat:
Capri I still don't know. I haven't paid enough attention to her, but she's always a mystery to me. The weird thing is how consistently you (AM) and her voted together. That seems way too obvious for wolves to do to the point that it would be dumb as Cray pointed out above. But like my WIFOM explanation about your (AM) contingency vote on Dandy and then her death, it could be a good move because it reads as a bad move. Capri's argument could be "I'm not that dumb", when she has been planning to make that argument all along. Plus just the fact that if Paws had voted for Lawpy all you two had to do was sit on the vote and if Paws agreed it would have been game.
Were you two voting together so much because it was a small game? I'm just really, really confused
Capri I still don't know. I haven't paid enough attention to her, but she's always a mystery to me. The weird thing is how consistently you (AM) and her voted together. That seems way too obvious for wolves to do to the point that it would be dumb as Cray pointed out above. But like my WIFOM explanation about your (AM) contingency vote on Dandy and then her death, it could be a good move because it reads as a bad move. Capri's argument could be "I'm not that dumb", when she has been planning to make that argument all along. Plus just the fact that if Paws had voted for Lawpy all you two had to do was sit on the vote and if Paws agreed it would have been game.
Were you two voting together so much because it was a small game? I'm just really, really confused
Oh hey I replied in dead chat before I saw this.Okay, so I have to ask. What was the reasoning behind Capri and AM lynching together so much? That it was so obvious that it couldn't possibly be true? Here was my thought on Capri as the second wolf from dead chat:
Capri I still don't know. I haven't paid enough attention to her, but she's always a mystery to me. The weird thing is how consistently you (AM) and her voted together. That seems way too obvious for wolves to do to the point that it would be dumb as Cray pointed out above. But like my WIFOM explanation about your (AM) contingency vote on Dandy and then her death, it could be a good move because it reads as a bad move. Capri's argument could be "I'm not that dumb", when she has been planning to make that argument all along. Plus just the fact that if Paws had voted for Lawpy all you two had to do was sit on the vote and if Paws agreed it would have been game.
Were you two voting together so much because it was a small game? I'm just really, really confused![]()
The explanation is that D1 was a coincidence; and the rest, I really am that dumb sometimes.
It took me an embarrassingly long time to realize why a no-lynch was detrimental to village. Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh hey I replied in dead chat before I saw this.
The explanation is that D1 was a coincidence; and the rest, I really am that dumb sometimes.It took me an embarrassingly long time to realize why a no-lynch was detrimental to village.
@Animal Midwife don't worry I would still try it the next myloFrom wolf chat the day of the no-lynch:
@Animal Midwife Nice try my dear, but I had to you dead to rights as soon you as you didn't respond to me RVS'ing haha try again another time 

I just really dislike dealing with wolves with death avoidance, but thanks to this game, i'm fundamentally opposed to no lynches going forward.
Thanks @Crayola227 for recognizing the AM plot.
No offense meant Lawper, but sometimes I see you coming up with these absolute laws about people/the game, and the whole thing in WW is that few things are absolute.
No lynch sometimes actually is beneficial to village. But it doesn't help with the idea is coming from a wolf and village isn't sure based on numbers or such that it's a good idea.
I would use the mafia wiki to work out when that's the case.
I believe you.I know no one's going to believe me, but this situation was actually an anomaly for no lynch due to the avoidance. It actually is helpful for the village > 95% of the time.