Female medical student and feeling like I will be forever alone

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
"MMMmmmmmm I love the thought of french kissing a girl whose sucked ten d****s...truly a privilege."

-Quality Man

ten? in a row?

Members don't see this ad.

"MMMmmmmmm I love the thought of french kissing a girl whose sucked ten d****s...truly a privilege."

-Quality Man

10 isn't even that bad if she's in her early 20s. She probably had her first early in high school, and if she's slept with 5-6 guys.. along with fooling around with a couple others, she'll easily be at 10.

Members don't see this ad :)
so the conclusion of this topic is a great women backstory is equivalent to a terrible men's backstory and vice versa?

And the results are consistent with what is seen in society by everyone. Not everything needs a study.

If you want to make an empirical point, you need a study.

Who aside from rich men had "multiple pieces" on the side? :laugh: What time period are you talking about?

How have you had communications with every woman on the earth who isn't wealthy? Ah, 90%, then. I see.

lol... a 10 year old girl seeing her mom's new boyfriend every month and developing daddy issues cause she sees him as a fatherly figure. No problem with that right.
Divorce means you're basically going to barely ever see one parent. On paper it looks like a weekend-weekdays split, in theory he/she isn't seeing her dad every weekend.
If you're promoting divorce and saying a 50% divorce rate is nothing, then I don't have much more to say.

Wanna know what the issue is? People never suggest resolving an issue. Whenever someone posts for advice on forums regarding relationship advice, half the responses (at least) always say something along the lines of 'break up" rather than suggesting solutions to fix the problem. People love to take the easy way out.

Ah, so internet forums are now your source for how relationships work?

hmm? I was saying said stay-at-home parents are not doing a great job of being a parent more often than not. Sending your kids to school with processed cold cut meats or giving them money to buy lunch.. and feeding them processed food for dinner, not doing all of the house work.. doesn't qualify you for a 50-50 alimony split.

Ah, so you're communicating with all of the stay-at-home parents in the world too, I see. I'd like to know what phone company offers this kind of widespread contact, let alone data aggregation service for quality of parenting metrics.

Do you have proof that many people have gratifying sexual experiences during one night stands? (I'm not sure if you understood my point correctly, I was more so arguing one night stands vs. the entirety of relationships/friends with benefits/f***buddies...)

Yup. I've talked to some of them. And since I'm not arguing that everyone finds this more gratifying than a relationship, only a subset of people, I find my evidence valid enough for my point.

Refer to my brackets above, it isn't common to have one night stands while sober.

It's common enough that I know several people who have them regularly and enjoy them. Even if I couldn't find evidence, I don't see evidence that one-night stands are rare without alcohol; I do, however, see evidence that alcohol might lead to increased sexual activity that isn't rewarding. However, this suggests that people shouldn't drink so much, not that one-night stands aren't great for those who enjoy them.

Lol... that was the most beta paragraph I've read in a while, at least the first 2 lines. :laugh: You should date some of these chicks you support and back up, report back on how it turns out. :)

Inane taunting doesn't constitute an argument.

Also, for every guy that calls a girl a ***** or a slut, there's 5 girls that call guys "creepy" or "*******s." Why the double standard?

Are they exclusively calling these guys "creepy" or "*******s" because of the number of sexual partners they've had? If they are, then I see a double standard. If not, then find another argument.

Last edited:
If you want to make an empirical point, you need a study.

This is a conversation, not an academic debate.

How have you had communications with every woman on the earth who isn't wealthy? Ah, 90%, then. I see.
That didn't make any sense at all in response to what I said :)
Ah, so internet forums are now your source for how relationships work?

No my point was when it's so common to advise people to break up (and you yourself insisting people should divorce if they seem "unhappy" in a marriage, which is such a vague statement anyway since unhappy can be a defined in so many ways) and we have a 50% divorce rate, clearly there's an issue with how people handle relationships.
Ah, so you're communicating with all of the stay-at-home parents in the world too, I see. I'd like to know what phone company offers this kind of widespread contact, let alone data aggregation service for quality of parenting metrics.

These are my observations, word of mouth, along with the word of mouth (observations) of everyone that's ever talked about this topic. For purposes of a conversation, I have satisfactory evidence.

Have you observed something different? Or do you have proof that stay at home moms do terrific jobs?
Yup. I've talked to some of them. And since I'm not arguing that everyone finds this more gratifying than a relationship, only a subset of people, I find my evidence valid enough for my point.

A subset of people also enjoy "bug chasing." :) Your original tone was making you come off as if you're representing all females and categorizing relationship girls as boring and hook-up girls as fun.
It's common enough that I know several people who have them regularly and enjoy them. Even if I couldn't find evidence, I don't see evidence that one-night stands are rare without alcohol; I do, however, see evidence that alcohol might lead to increased sexual activity that isn't rewarding. However, this suggests that people shouldn't drink so much, not that one-night stands aren't great for those who enjoy them.
We won't use the word rare, but rather uncommon is more appropriate.
And of course alcohol leads to many (bad) things. Unprotected and careless sex leading to pregnancies and STDs, along with an endless number of girls who get taken advantage of every weekend.

Are they exclusively calling these guys "creepy" or "*******s" because of the number of sexual partners they've had? If they are, then I see a double standard. If not, then find another argument.

Well, on that topic, it's very common nowadays for girls to call guys "manwhores." And if you get labelled as a "player" (which has been around for a while) good luck getting a girlfriend.
The same issue isn't had for females in that manner.

I feel like a lot of people take a more liberal view of sex, and yet live like puritans. Interesting phenomenon.

In other words, beta virgins (those annoying guys always commenting on girls facebook pictures calling them beautiful etc. and never even having their inbox message ever read let alone responded to) saying they'd have no problem with putting their mouth where 30 other guys have been already. They're probably the same guys (unknowingly) fathering a baby that isn't even theirs in the future.

^ Pretty common on SDN. (Even seen a guy say he wouldn't care if his gf was a former hooker and possibly even current, or even if his daughter did it. :laugh: )

End of the day, I don't really care what a certain girl does and I wouldn't dislike them or anything like that. But any decent guy is lying to themselves if they think it doesn't matter what she's done in her past. That's like saying "well even if she's cheated on half of her bfs, she's a changed person!" :laugh:

In other words, beta virgins (those annoying guys always commenting on girls facebook pictures calling them beautiful etc. and never even having their inbox message ever read let alone responded to) saying they'd have no problem with putting their mouth where 30 other guys have been already. They're probably the same guys (unknowingly) fathering a baby that isn't even theirs in the future.

^ Pretty common on SDN. (Even seen a guy say he wouldn't care if his gf was a former hooker and possibly even current, or even if his daughter did it. :laugh: )

But any decent guy is lying to themselves if they think it doesn't matter what she's done in her past. That's like saying "well even if she's cheated on half of her bfs, she's a changed person!" :laugh:

First off, he's not into girls. So he's not motivated to crawl around chewing crumbs from girls. Should clue you into how off-base your silly beta presumptions are. Guys who use this "beta male" line are such pieces of crap. It basically sets up a dynamic where any male who agrees with another person who happens to have a vagina must be vigilant about being attacked as a weaker male. Wtf is your problem? Nice way to shut down female perspective.

If you don't have double standards, include ***** guys in your survey instead of singling out "girls over 30" and "girls who have had 50+ weewees between their lips". Add "who wants a weewee that's dipped in 50 different holes and flora". Stop singularly attacking women. Because you just sound like a sexist piggyface non-stop. Mmkay?

This is a conversation, not an academic debate.

You're making assumptions about the entire population, and I'm saying you don't have enough evidence to make them. And you don't. Show me a study and I'll believe you.

That didn't make any sense at all in response to what I said :)

Sure it does. You implied (almost blatantly said) that only rich people have multiple pieces on the side. Show me a source. How many people would admit to extramarital relations to strangers?

No my point was when it's so common to advise people to break up (and you yourself insisting people should divorce if they seem "unhappy" in a marriage, which is such a vague statement anyway since unhappy can be a defined in so many ways) and we have a 50% divorce rate, clearly there's an issue with how people handle relationships.

You're talking about the Internet, where people insist that vaccines cause autism. I don't consider that an appropriate source as a weathervane on most relationships nor how most people handle them.

These are my observations, word of mouth, along with the word of mouth (observations) of everyone that's ever talked about this topic. For purposes of a conversation, I have satisfactory evidence.

For purposes of a conversation, you don't. I do because I'm not making assumptions about a large group of people beyond saying that your broad generalizations aren't at all verifiable.

Have you observed something different? Or do you have proof that stay at home moms do terrific jobs?

Do you have extensive proof that a great deal of them don't? I never made an argument about all of the stay-at-home parents in the world; You did. And your argument is based on your perceptions about stay-at-home parents, which, again, don't have any basis in fact.

A subset of people also enjoy "bug chasing." :) Your original tone was making you come off as if you're representing all females and categorizing relationship girls as boring and hook-up girls as fun.

Again, I'm not characterizing all or even most females as anything. I'm responding to your assertion that all sex is better when you're in a relationship. If it were, my friends who have casual sex and enjoy it might, say, consider a relationship. But they haven't. If you can find a place where I implied that all women enjoy casual sex, feel free to quote it and shove it in my face, but I'm reasonably certain that without taking a quote out of context, you simply won't find that kind of content in what I'm writing.

We won't use the word rare, but rather uncommon is more appropriate.

It would be appropriate if you had any concrete evidence. As you don't, the frequency for the purpose of this conversation is undetermined.

And of course alcohol leads to many (bad) things. Unprotected and careless sex leading to pregnancies and STDs, along with an endless number of girls who get taken advantage of every weekend.

Again, neither here not there. I'm speaking to the population that enjoys casual sex without drugs or alcohol.

Well, on that topic, it's very common nowadays for girls to call guys "manwhores." And if you get labelled as a "player" (which has been around for a while) good luck getting a girlfriend. The same issue isn't had for females in that manner.

I don't personally subscribe to the notion that it's acceptable to stigmatize someone's number of sexual partners, whether that person is male or female. And with regard to the issue of it not affecting females, you yourself just said that if men call women "sluts," those women will have a hard time finding a partner. So what are you complaining about? Manwhore and slut are essentially the same word for different genders. If you don't want to date someone who's been with multiple partners, don't. I'm not telling you how to live your life. I'm just arguing against your assumption that everyone's sexual experience would be as gratifying as yours if they had the same experiences.

First off, he's not into girls. So he's not motivated to crawl around chewing crumbs from girls. Should clue you into how off-base your silly beta presumptions are. Guys who use this "beta male" line are such pieces of crap. It basically sets up a dynamic where any male who agrees with another person who happens to have a vagina must be vigilant about being attacked as a weaker male. Wtf is your problem? Nice way to shut down female perspective.

If you don't have double standards, include ***** guys in your survey instead of singling out "girls over 30" and "girls who have had 50+ weewees between their lips". Add "who wants a weewee that's dipped in 50 different holes and flora". Stop singularly attacking women. Because you just sound like a sexist piggyface non-stop. Mmkay?

lolz u sound mad :laugh:

1) I will assume a guy who I'm talking to is heterosexual by default. Why? Cause 97% of the population is heterosexual (as shown per endless polls/studies/whatever).

2) Being beta has nothing to of with agreeing with another female, I agree with females on all sorts of things. It's a certain attitude that's carried and it's VERY common among the guys who haven yet to kiss a girl and they're 20 year old. Essentially the guys who try with every girl and get friend-zoned right away.

3) Why would I discuss/attack guys with another guy? :confused: And why would I hold an opinion on sexually judging a guy? That makes no sense. I agree girls have every right to be grossed out by such guys, but I myself won't be grossed out for extremely obvious reasons. There isn't any sexism involved.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'll take those wee wees from you; as a man, I know how to properly handle them. You'll thank me later.:smuggrin:

You're making assumptions about the entire population, and I'm saying you don't have enough evidence to make them. And you don't. Show me a study and I'll believe you.
I guess I'll continue to believe in my assumptions and you'll continue to believe yours :).

Sure it does. You implied (almost blatantly said) that only rich people have multiple pieces on the side. Show me a source. How many people would admit to extramarital relations to strangers?

I was talking about the PAST. Hence I asked about clarification about what time period you were talking about in the past.

You're talking about the Internet, where people insist that vaccines cause autism. I don't consider that an appropriate source as a weathervane on most relationships nor how most people handle them.

You're comparing something as specific as vaccine talk to something so general as relationships? Relationship advice is pretty unanimous whether its the internet, magazines or other people.
For purposes of a conversation, you don't. I do because I'm not making assumptions about a large group of people beyond saying that your broad generalizations aren't at all verifiable.
Yet you said relationship girls are boring?

Do you have extensive proof that a great deal of them don't? I never made an argument about all of the stay-at-home parents in the world; You did. And your argument is based on your perceptions about stay-at-home parents, which, again, don't have any basis in fact.
You claimed that stay at home parents are entitled to alimony. Meaning that what they do
entitles them to it. That is only possible if the stay at home parent is hard working, not just taking it super easy in life.

Again, I'm not characterizing all or even most females as anything. I'm responding to your assertion that all sex is better when you're in a relationship. If it were, my friends who have casual sex and enjoy it might, say, consider a relationship. But they haven't. If you can find a place where I implied that all women enjoy casual sex, feel free to quote it and shove it in my face, but I'm reasonably certain that without taking a quote out of context, you simply won't find that kind of content in what I'm writing.
I made a pretty factual statement based off of common sense that it's pretty difficult to have maximum satisfaction sexually if your partner doesn't know what you like and don't like. Not to mention there's a lot of things people don't typically do in one night stands, and the absolute fact that unprotected sex feels A LOT better than protected sex.

Do you disagree with any of these statements?

Again, neither here not there. I'm speaking to the population that enjoys casual sex without drugs or alcohol.
And what percentage of people do you figure have regular one night stands without any alcohol being involved?

I don't personally subscribe to the notion that it's acceptable to stigmatize someone's number of sexual partners, whether that person is male or female. And with regard to the issue of it not affecting females, you yourself just said that if men call women "sluts," those women will have a hard time finding a partner. So what are you complaining about? Manwhore and slut are essentially the same word for different genders. If you don't want to date someone who's been with multiple partners, don't. I'm not telling you how to live your life. I'm just arguing against your assumption that everyone's sexual experience would be as gratifying as yours if they had the same experiences.

Actually, a girl labelled as a slut will have no problem at all getting a boyfriend. Certainly many guys will turn away, but there will be plenty of desperate guys who won't care. The same cannot be said for a guy labelled as a manwhore.

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay, studentpox.

1. This thread was started by a female and unless you think everyone here is a male, you can feel free to assume plenty of your audience is female. Try the intellectual exercise of including females in the demographic you're addressing. We do it all the time. We're incredibly inclusive of the male perspective...try it. I promise not to call you a beta male or a homosexual - god forbid.

2. From your give and take with tentacles I see that we're just each living in our own realities. In your lifespan you've gained perceptions that appear to be practically fact - I understand that. You'll be surprised when it dawns on you that these things are actually incredibly variable based on location, cultural backgrounds, and economic status.

Fin.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'll take those wee wees from you; as a man, I know how to properly handle them. You'll thank me later.:smuggrin:

Done. But forward me the ones with good faces, high intellect, polished mannerisms, some fashion sense, and at least a slight preference for girls. :p

I guess I'll continue to believe in my assumptions and you'll continue to believe yours :).

I didn't make any assumptions beyond the fact that your assumptions have no basis in fact.

I was talking about the PAST. Hence I asked about clarification about what time period you were talking about in the past.

I'm not talking about a specific time period. You said that people in the past had to be wealthy to have multiple pieces on the side. I disagree; show me a text that says that was a requirement, and I'll agree with you.

You're comparing something as specific as vaccine talk to something so general as relationships? Relationship advice is pretty unanimous whether its the internet, magazines or other people.

It's not unanimous. If it were, I wouldn't be disagreeing with you.

Yet you said relationship girls are boring?

When did I say that? Find a quote. I absolutely didn't say that, nor did I imply it, nor did I even think it.

You claimed that stay at home parents are entitled to alimony. Meaning that what they do entitles them to it. That is only possible if the stay at home parent is hard working, not just taking it super easy in life.

I gave you the legal reasoning behind why alimony exists and explained why it is necessary as an institution. Nowhere did I say that all stay-at-home parents are awesome. Nor did I say they are amazing. However, being a stay-at-home parent involves sacrifice of a career and income potential.

[qoute]I made a pretty factual statement based off of common sense[/quote]

Common sense does not equal fact.

that it's pretty difficult to have maximum satisfaction sexually if your partner doesn't know what you like and don't like.

Again, your experience is not universal. Whether or not I agree with your assumption based on my own sexual experiences does not matter; certain people who have casual sex enjoy it more than being in relationships, which therefore means that you can not make an assumption about everyone's sexual pleasure.

Not to mention there's a lot of things people don't typically do in one night stands, and the absolute fact that unprotected sex feels A LOT better than protected sex.

Ok. Again, when it comes to sexual pleasure, there are no absolute facts. Your experience is not universal.

Do you disagree with any of these statements?

Yes. Pretty much anything you say that makes a broad assumption about the sexual activity or sexual preferences about any part of any population with one exception: The actual people you have spoken to. If you've spoken to someone about his/her sexual experience, you have some insider knowledge. If you haven't, you don't.

And what percentage of people do you figure have regular one night stands without any alcohol being involved?

A non-zero number. My point isn't to quantify the number of people having these kinds of sexual encounters. It's to rebuff your assertion that it is either common or uncommon. Again, you simply don't know.

Actually, a girl labelled as a slut will have no problem at all getting a boyfriend. Certainly many guys will turn away, but there will be plenty of desperate guys who won't care. The same cannot be said for a guy labelled as a manwhore.

Dude, I still don't see how you can make assertions like this. Plenty of my male friends have been quite promiscuous and have no problem finding girlfriends. Does this mean that most women want to sleep with them? No. Does this mean that no men have a problem like the one you described? No. Does this mean that all women will shun any "manwhore"? No. So don't make assumptions about the population as a whole without data to back them up.

Okay, studentpox.

1. This thread was started by a female and unless you think everyone here is a male, you can feel free to assume plenty of your audience is female. Try the intellectual exercise of including females in the demographic you're addressing. We do it all the time. We're incredibly inclusive of the male perspective...try it. I promise not to call you a beta male or a homosexual - god forbid.

2. From your give and take with tentacles I see that we're just each living in our own realities. In your lifespan you've gained perceptions that appear to be practically fact - I understand that. You'll be surprised when it dawns on you that these things are actually incredibly variable based on location, cultural backgrounds, and economic status.

Fin.

Done. But forward me the ones with good faces, high intellect, polished mannerisms, some fashion sense, and at least a slight preference for girls. :p

It makes no sense for a heterosexual male to judge another male's sexual history in that sense.

It makes no sense for a heterosexual male to judge another male's sexual history in that sense.

What you're really saying is... Your homophobia is so much that it bleeds into your ability to empathize or think critically about a situation that isn't identical to your own? And this one doesn't even take a stretch of the imagination.

You know what...I'm done. I don't think there's much hope for you.

I'm not talking about a specific time period. You said that people in the past had to be wealthy to have multiple pieces on the side. I disagree; show me a text that says that was a requirement, and I'll agree with you.

Why don't you show me a text that proves affairs were as common as today. Since that was your original argument. And we'll go from there.

It's not unanimous. If it were, I wouldn't be disagreeing with you.
If you've ever looked into such things, you would agree.

:)
When did I say that? Find a quote. I absolutely didn't say that, nor did I imply it, nor did I even think it.

My mistake, another user.

I gave you the legal reasoning behind why alimony exists and explained why it is necessary as an institution. Nowhere did I say that all stay-at-home parents are awesome. Nor did I say they are amazing. However, being a stay-at-home parent involves sacrifice of a career and income potential.

How is it a sacrifice of a career in all cases? You're assuming all these stay at home parents are well educated people, when well educated people are a small minority of the population. Being able to earn 25k/year doesn't justify you to half of your husband's 100k/year. There is no real legal reasoning to alimony except screwing over one spouse.

Again, your experience is not universal. Whether or not I agree with your assumption based on my own sexual experiences does not matter; certain people who have casual sex enjoy it more than being in relationships, which therefore means that you can not make an assumption about everyone's sexual pleasure.

Ok. Again, when it comes to sexual pleasure, there are no absolute facts. Your experience is not universal.

I will go ahead and say sex without a condom feels better for 100% of men and it is absolutely universal. :)
My point about having to understand your partner to give them the best time is basic logic. I think you're confusing sexual pleasure with sexual satisfaction. There's a distinct difference between the one.

A non-zero number. My point isn't to quantify the number of people having these kinds of sexual encounters. It's to rebuff your assertion that it is either common or uncommon. Again, you simply don't know.

A non-zero number can be anything from 1 in a billion to 1 in 2. It doesn't rebuff my assertion that something it common or uncommon. :)
Dude, I still don't see how you can make assertions like this. Plenty of my male friends have been quite promiscuous and have no problem finding girlfriends. Does this mean that most women want to sleep with them? No. Does this mean that no men have a problem like the one you described? No. Does this mean that all women will shun any "manwhore"? No. So don't make assumptions about the population as a whole without data to back them up.

If you missed the point, it was that women have it far easier than men on the whole.

What you're really saying is... Your homophobia is so much that it bleeds into your ability to empathize or think critically about a situation that isn't identical to your own? And this one doesn't even take a stretch of the imagination.

You know what...I'm done. I don't think there's much hope for you.

I already said that it makes sense for women to dislike a man having many partners.

I won't however go and think "oh gross" in regards to a guy who's screwed 80 different girls.

And please don't pull that homophobia card :rolleyes: , people can reject homosexually as much as they can accept it.

:thumbup:

lets talk about your engagement and the ring you bought instead. very loudly and repeatedly so my better half gets the hint. :smuggrin:

Engagement (ceremony/party)... I have no idea what the plan is. Definitely out of my area of expertise (or interest). Ring...she had final say/choice, it's just easier for everyone that way.

It's nothing too crazy, felt appropriate for a soon to be residents salary.

Engagement (ceremony/party)... I have no idea what the plan is. Definitely out of my area of expertise (or interest). Ring...she had final say/choice, it's just easier for everyone that way.

It's nothing too crazy, felt appropriate for a soon to be residents salary.

:) I'm sure she'll love it. Congrats, marble-mouth :p

Just read the last couple dozen posts, I want to be friends with tantacles & anastomoses :thumbup: :thumbup:

Just read the last couple dozen posts, I want to be friends with tantacles & anastomoses :thumbup: :thumbup:

If you're a bisexual male you may get your way.

Anyway, the last page of this thread is a cluster. I have no response to any of it. Studentpl0x, the pre-med troll, holding onto his own assumptions as if they are fact ITT.

lesbian-fashion-summer-wedding.jpg

You'd be into guys if you saw me. :)

If you're a foreveralone woman then something is probably wrong with you. Drop your standards and settle for a foreveralone man.

End of the day, I don't really care what a certain girl does and I wouldn't dislike them or anything like that. But any decent guy is lying to themselves if they think it doesn't matter what she's done in her past. That's like saying "well even if she's cheated on half of her bfs, she's a changed person!" :laugh:

lol wtf

youre allowed to believe what you want, and have whatever opinions you want, but that doesnt mean your beliefs are reality or your opinions mean anything in the context of the entire population.

I'm going to guess that you believe that a person can't change - ill tell you to brush up on your science if youre still a pre-med. as long as we are discussing within the context of this material physical universe, in which the action of matter can be observed and predicted; the human, which is governed by these physical laws, can be changed, since the human is nothing more than a material construct, if you will. Unless you want to argue that there is an eternal soul that has inherent value (lol)

Besides all of that, it's your opinion that what someone does in the past matters. stop trying to play it off as some kind of objective reality.

lol wtf

youre allowed to believe what you want, and have whatever opinions you want, but that doesnt mean your beliefs are reality or your opinions mean anything in the context of the entire population.

I'm going to guess that you believe that a person can't change - ill tell you to brush up on your science if youre still a pre-med. as long as we are discussing within the context of this material physical universe, in which the action of matter can be observed and predicted; the human, which is governed by these physical laws, can be changed, since the human is nothing more than a material construct, if you will. Unless you want to argue that there is an eternal soul that has inherent value (lol)

Besides all of that, it's your opinion that what someone does in the past matters. stop trying to play it off as some kind of objective reality.

Yeah, the debate is over. Let it go.

I never understood when people describe themselves as "forever alone" in their 20s. That's like giving up when you barely are in the 3rd inning of a baseball game. There are thousands upon thousands of single people in America. Go online, go to meeting places, it is easier said than done, but I kinda lol when people mention that forever alone crap.

I never understood when people describe themselves as "forever alone" in their 20s. That's like giving up when you barely are in the 3rd inning of a baseball game. There are thousands upon thousands of single people in America. Go online, go to meeting places, it is easier said than done, but I kinda lol when people mention that forever alone crap.

Would you think differently if this was a female student who was in their mid 20s but never had a "real relationship?" What would you say to that person who is afraid of being "forever alone."

Would you think differently if this was a female student who was in their mid 20s but never had a "real relationship?" What would you say to that person who is afraid of being "forever alone."

That once again, you are in the bottom of the 3rd inning in a baseball game, with AMPLE amount of time. No need to be afraid of being "forever alone" at a highly young age. If you want to not be forever alone, actively work at trying to fix that. Dating and med school is perfectly possible to handle. Certain rotations and certain time periods(i.e. month before Step 1/2) might be tough to spend a lot of time with others. However, quality > quantity. Even on surgery, you can take one day to hang out with someone, or with Step 1 studying, you can take one "light" day and go on a nice date with someone.

You'd be into guys if you saw me. :)

Where's the pic? Turn me.

In this day and age, with school and all...mid-twenties is nothing. Honestly, I don't even think it's in a girl's best interest to get serious early. It just accumulates baggage before you're mature enough to handle it.

Also, I think we should start teaching relationships in high school. Games people play, relationship dynamics. Goodness, we're so behind and we call this a civilization.

lol wtf

In other words, you're fine with dating someone who's cheated in the past? :confused:

people can change, but not much, unless in critical matters.

people can change, but not much, unless in critical matters.

this.

The fact that people on here are willing to take such a gamble on their own emotional well being is ridiculous.

I agree that the person you end up being really close to pops into your life almost unexpectedly and things shift around to make room for them. If it makes you feel any better, I'm in a similar situation but a male student. So much of my time is taken up, and I don't really want the extra "responsibility" and stress of maintaining a healthy relationship, even with another medical student who would be on the same page.

But I'm not worried about dying alone (at least not already!). I trust that when I fall for that girl and she falls for me, I won't see it as a responsibility I don't want and things will just happen. This could be well into or even after residency unfortunately..

I always hear single people say this, but a good relationship should be fairly effortless. Unless you are leaving your SO to go drink, or are otherwise abandoning her in your free time, you won't find yourself feeling the stress of any extra "responsibility". Of course, if you just don't want to spend your free time with a SO, that's another story.

Reactions: 1 user
Eggs are ticking. Down syndrome risks increasing.