Finished PCAT. Giving/Receiving Advice Ask Away

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

American Pharmacist

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just took my PCAT a couple days ago and was too surprised after I saw my scores. Below are the scores I ended up getting

Bio - 94
Chem - 99
Reading - 46
Math - 99
Composite - 97

I honestly thought I bombed the test but walked away happy. For me Bio was the hardest section for me going and Math was extremely easy but turned out the real PCAT just threw me off completely. Math turned out to be the hardest for me and Bio was decent. I knew I was going to fail reading and Chem was fairly easy. I just need advice on what to do now and how my reading score will affect how schools will look at me. If you guys need advice on how to study or what I used to study just post below and I'll be happy to answer.

Members don't see this ad.

I used a mixed of the old 2015 Collins and the 2015 Kaplan book. Nothing really prepared me for the passage based questions on the real test except the practice Pearson exams which I highly recommend purchasing for good practice. I'd also recommend investing in the new Collins book as well as it simplifies every aspect of the test nicely. Kaplan was more used for biology because I have trouble understanding the subject and Kaplan goes into much more detail than the Collins packets did. As for OChem I wouldn't say there was many but that was just my test, on the Pearson practices there are quite a few per test but the majority of it was Gen Chem. I would actually say OChem is helpful to take before the PCAT but it isn't necessary at all as the Ochem questions the test ask aren't too complicated at least in my opinion.