This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmd = Phake Doctor

Phorum Hedonist
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I decided to chill yesterday night, so I browsed the websites of the new schools set to open and further ruin this once noble profession. One of these schools caught my attention with this video:

Watching this video was the most painful two-minutes of my life.:barf: The college president (who makes a lush $2.9 million a year off that sweet, sweet private school tuition) started talking about a magazine article featuring the new pharmacy school.

Evidently, the opening of the pharmacy school was so important that it was featured in the prestigious medical journal known as the US Airways Inflight magazine.

Douche1.png

This mofo continues to milk this achievement for 40 seconds before his partner-in-crime the President of Labcorp goes on some train-wreck spiel about how Pharmacists are gonna be central figures in the healthcare setting because they can read some lab values:

"The pharmacist is going to be the linchpin of healthcare. Think about what is the most important, objective data that we have about patients. Number one, their lab values. I had to say that because I'm a lab guy. Number one is their lab values. But it's true, 50% of patient records are lab values. And if you want to know what the other most significant value in the medical record? It's medication, so the pharmacist is going to become the center point of helping patients to understand their medication, the interaction their medication, what what that medications gonna do for them in the long term. So I think you're absolutely making the right decision in the long run. Not only will it be good for High Point University, it will be good for North Carolina, only good for our country because we will create high-paying, high-skill jobs that are gonna make a difference in people's lives"

What the f@#$ is this guy talking about? +pissed+

We already use laboratory data to crosscheck dosage adjustments and prevent contraindications. Does this guy know how a hospital is operated. Everyone involved in a patient's care will read laboratory data and use it in their scope of practice.
  • The clinical lab scientists are the dudes that measure and make the initial interpretations of laboratory data. They notify others of significant findings and retest any values they suspect to be false-positives/false-negatives.
  • The nurses use laboratory data to improve patient care and accomodations.
  • The physician uses the laboratory data to augment the physical findings and patient history to improve their diagnosis and alter their treatment plans.
  • EMTs also need to understand lab data. They have to respond properly to any changes in the patient's condition during transport.
  • Hell, even lab techs need to know when certain measurement are off-the-charts.
So why the hell does the ubiquity of laboratory data make Pharmacists front and center of healthcare???

And where the hell was the pharmacist in this presentation. Any sane pharmacist would have never allowed this embarrassing train wreck to be made.

But don't for a second think this $3-million-a-year president is a fool. He knows what he's doing. He knows where the money is.;) He couldn't help himself, so he built a PA school and a PT school too!

Its only a matter of time until they join us in saturation land. :soexcited:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
I am always so amazed with your colorful posts!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
LOL on page 65.

HPU.png

I guess we know which pharmacy school is dispensing the rohypnol to Dr. Huxtable.

Or does he practice physician dispensing?

PS. The article is basically an eight-page advertisement. You have to wonder if the school just paid US Airways to have this glorified ad put in their in-flight magazine? I think they call this promoted content.

Last edited: