Game Thread: Meats's Reading List: WWhat I Read in 2019

Started by vetmedhead
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In thinking more about that tie last night, I don't think either Ms P or BC are wolves. If they knew dolphin would die in a tie, and BC had a double vote, and Ms P hadn't voted, then I don't see how they would let a tie sit there at all.

Which makes me much more suspicious of the people who looked like they were trying to get vote movement at the end of the day, e.g. Dubz and possibly Coop.

Maaaaybe AM, but her holding her vote was just bizarre and I don't think of wolf AM as playing games like that.
 
Day 5 Official Reading Swag Bag Tally

Barks (7)
- AM, WZ, genny, BC, Coops, alissa
DubZ (1) - Pippy
BC (1) - Barks
SAR ()

8/12

@Barkley13- peril is mounting

Lynch deadline 7:00 PM PST/8:00 PM MST/9:00 PM CST/10:00 PM EST


giphy.gif

Tally Ninja'd again!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In thinking more about that tie last night, I don't think either Ms P or BC are wolves. If they knew dolphin would die in a tie, and BC had a double vote, and Ms P hadn't voted, then I don't see how they would let a tie sit there at all.

Which makes me much more suspicious of the people who looked like they were trying to get vote movement at the end of the day, e.g. Dubz and possibly Coop.

Maaaaybe AM, but her holding her vote was just bizarre and I don't think of wolf AM as playing games like that.
That doesn't make any sense at all, BC could've changed her vote at any time, they didn't know lynch was going to close early. I'm really not sure how you're reaching the conclusions you are
 
I think this vote in particular is pretty damning. In the basics game, dolphin voted for cubs as a random solo vote on like D4, so I really wouldn't be surprised if this is another fake bussing vote.

lynch Barks
Who do you think is with Barks?
 
In thinking more about that tie last night, I don't think either Ms P or BC are wolves. If they knew dolphin would die in a tie, and BC had a double vote, and Ms P hadn't voted, then I don't see how they would let a tie sit there at all.

Which makes me much more suspicious of the people who looked like they were trying to get vote movement at the end of the day, e.g. Dubz and possibly Coop.

Maaaaybe AM, but her holding her vote was just bizarre and I don't think of wolf AM as playing games like that.
tbf it did close super early and dubz was in more of position to create a three-way, if anything. Given that neither BC nor MsP were self-prezzing yet + there were two non-voters, chances of tie remaining were low.
 
Who do you think is with Barks?
I still feel like genny is involved. I know she’s silenced today, so not going to get too crazy there, but even when she is posting she just doesn’t read full village. Seems to me like both genny and dolphin learned from last game to stick to their villager meta. Would probably put WZ in there too if either of them flip village.
 
I still feel like genny is involved. I know she’s silenced today, so not going to get too crazy there, but even when she is posting she just doesn’t read full village. Seems to me like both genny and dolphin learned from last game to stick to their villager meta. Would probably put WZ in there too if either of them flip village.
How do you feel about genny starting the Barks wagon yesterday and voting her prior to that?
 
How do you feel about genny starting the Barks wagon yesterday and voting her prior to that?
A wagon that was extremely likely not to work given the fact that I was still holding onto my double vote and would have switched to self-prez at the end of the day if needed? Not exactly conclusive evidence.
 
A wagon that was extremely likely not to work given the fact that I was still holding onto my double vote and would have switched to self-prez at the end of the day if needed? Not exactly conclusive evidence.
Like I stated recently, it's worth keeping in mind there were two non-voters (myself included) who could've easily influenced those very tight wagons near the end. As always, double check the context before assuming heavy bussing is occurring.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In thinking more about that tie last night, I don't think either Ms P or BC are wolves. If they knew dolphin would die in a tie, and BC had a double vote, and Ms P hadn't voted, then I don't see how they would let a tie sit there at all.

Which makes me much more suspicious of the people who looked like they were trying to get vote movement at the end of the day, e.g. Dubz and possibly Coop.

Maaaaybe AM, but her holding her vote was just bizarre and I don't think of wolf AM as playing games like that.
My thing though is why sit on a tie if she knew she was gonna die. I guess they planned to rez her or they weren't expecting jmoose to close early
 
@everyone piling on this lynch and saying nothing else: stop being useless
and stop acting like this is an accident. What's the matter -- worried that Barks will flip village and thinking this may not look super great in retrospect? Honestly, this sounds like something I would say so then I could point back to it later and go "hey I tried to get people to discuss others but you didn't want to lalalalala not my fault"
 
Hold up, why is alissa so low on your list here?
So there was this weird thing on Saturday where she PMed me twice while I was gone asking what I thought about you trying to pocket her and I asked why she thought that and she never answered until I said on thread that she never answered and then she was pretty much like "jk I think pippy is village now!". So that felt pretty off to me. She's been pretty wishy washy on SAR for days and saying that no one is questioning her and then she's not questioning her or pushing her at all either. And then idk why no one else has said anything about how I wasn't even on her wolf list before she decided to jump on my bandwagon. So overall just a bunch of weirdness puts her there on my list
 
tbf it did close super early and dubz was in more of position to create a three-way, if anything. Given that neither BC nor MsP were self-prezzing yet + there were two non-voters, chances of tie remaining were low.
I know lynch closed early, but it was still less than an hour to lynch close.

If you have a wolf who can die in a tie, and there is a close tie sitting there getting close to the wire, then it's kind of bad wolfing to let that race remain that close when there were people who still hadn't voted. Like ok yes, people could have flipped it to one or the other or self-prezzed, whatever, but there were enough people wolf-reading those 2 where it is entirely possible someone could have intentionally re-made the tie. Like, do the math on what you are describing -- BC self-prezzing is +2 to Ms P, Ms P self prezzing is +1 to BC, and then you could have voted for BC instead, so there you go -- the tie could have been re-made with those votes.

I dunno it just feels like a very risky move for wolves, and even worse if either of the tied people was a wolf, because then you're relying on other people to not only break a tie for you, but break it in the direction you want.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DAY 1 Official Bert Reads More Than Ernie Tally

sporty (5)
- AM, Pippy, BC, Doggo
Pippy () -
AM () -
MsP (2) - dolphin, Barks
Doggo (4) - dubz, MsP, alissa, Sporty
WZ (1) -Killer
Jboo () -
Lissa (2) - Coop, genny
Barks (-)
dolphin () -
Nav (2) - miz, SAR
genny () -
Wonder (1) - Jboo
miz (2) - Wonder, Nav


18/18


FINAL Day 2 Official Throw the Book at Em Tally

MsP (2) - AM, Barks
Pips ()
Miz ()
Nav (5) - Miz, Genny, Alissa, BC
Jboo ()
Alissa (4) - WZ, MsP, SAR, Killer
Wonder (1) - Jboo
WZ (1) - Pippy
Killer (2) - Wonder, Coop
Barks (1) - Dolphin

15/16

Missing: Navilly
See this pattern just screams “dolphin trying to distance herself from barks after voting together on D1” to me
 
She's been pretty wishy washy on SAR for days and saying that no one is questioning her and then she's not questioning her or pushing her at all either.
This is actually really interesting because she also did this with dolphin early on -- she asked me in PM about my read on dolph, which at the time was that I had her as wolfy because she had seemed grumpy at me for unknown reasons but not posted a whole lot else, then she said like "oh yeah, I think she is wolfy too"...and then she dropped it & I don't think she ever addressed it when I asked her about it on the thread later.

But I had moved alissa village after N3 for obvious reasons
 
So what's your argument for BC, present a nice solid argument, maybe quote wolfchat 😉
Sorry no access to wolfchat but I found some fun dolphin mentions for you
Also tbh like a majority of her posts sketch me out
Feeling iffy about dolphin, Coop, alissa. Still want to hear more from the quiet people- never played with Sporty and it sounds like this is her D1 meta, but with two hours left til lynch close, it would be nice to hear some actual thoughts from her.

lynch Sporty
From Day 1 - lists dolphin, you, and alissa as her biggest "iffy" reads, notes that she wants to hear more from sporty and acknowledges that people have said that's sporty's D1 meta and yet still votes to lynch sporty instead of any of her wolf reads. This is the vote she ends the day on. Interesting.
also didn't want to create a tie at the last minute.
Ooooh didn't want to create a tie?? :heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah:
I'm mostly kidding

Nav made a severe tone shift from last game and I usually have a village read on him pretty early on but I don't have one this time which is concerning.
Not a dolphin mention but I'm pretty sure I questioned this at the time but this seemed super weird to me. The whole "I usually have a village read on him pretty early on" really made me raise my eyebrow because she had played what, like 2 or 3 games with him? And this was seriously after he had made one post. Gave me the heebie jeebies
Dolphin seems a bit evasive this evening.
Oh look another mention of dolphin but no consideration of lynching her 🤔 Interesting. I do appreciate the attempts at distancing without putting dolphin in any danger
I can see a dolphin/genny/jboo pack, +/- either WZ or Coop
I'm just really loving all these dolphin mentions and how there were never any attempts to engage/question/discuss/vote for dolphin. It's great.

Also I looked at the tallies and her VCA does not look great (D1 - sporty, D2 - nav, D3 - nav, D4 - jmoose)
 
This is actually really interesting because she also did this with dolphin early on -- she asked me in PM about my read on dolph, which at the time was that I had her as wolfy because she had seemed grumpy at me for unknown reasons but not posted a whole lot else, then she said like "oh yeah, I think she is wolfy too"...and then she dropped it & I don't think she ever addressed it when I asked her about it on the thread later.

But I had moved alissa village after N3 for obvious reasons
So I just did a quick ISO of alissa looking for mentions of dolphin and unless I missed something I only found 1 from D1 that was literally just a "dolphin is on my radar" and then never mentioned her again
 
So I just did a quick ISO of alissa looking for mentions of dolphin and unless I missed something I only found 1 from D1 that was literally just a "dolphin is on my radar" and then never mentioned her again
I think we can quote player PMs, soooo...

This was from D2:

Have you talked to dolphin at all? What are the vibes you have gotten so far? I know people were a little sus of them yesterday
Nope, I was in a wet lab this morning so haven't opened cross-group PMs yet

Have you opened one?
As a follow up, I have not opened a PM with her because I have her more on the mild wolf side of things and don't really see a point to questioning her alone in PM vs on the thread.

She has a tendency to kill me as a wolf if she thinks I am going to go after her, and so if that is going to happen, I'd prefer it happens in view of other people who can follow up on it.
Did you mean what my read is on dolphin from the thread? I thought you were asking if I had opened a PM with her, and if so, what my read was from that.

And tbh I prefer to put things like that on the thread anyways, because I am not going to say anything different in here than I would out there
Hmmm I’ve had dolphin on my radar as well
 
So I just did a quick ISO of alissa looking for mentions of dolphin and unless I missed something I only found 1 from D1 that was literally just a "dolphin is on my radar" and then never mentioned her again
I think we can quote player PMs, soooo...

This was from D2:

just so y’all know I had people higher up my list and I voted accordingly. I honestly after reading more had dolphin less suspicious these last few days and was shocked when she flipped wolf
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What prompted you to ask me about her out of the blue like that? Because it kinda looks like you were trying to figure out if you should kill me
I’m sorry which player are you referring to? I think I asked you about a couple people... if it was dolphin, I asked specifically because she was your PM partner and I didn’t know if you had any inside information