This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beansham

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have noticed that Chad's videos on his free website are too long and there is so many of them...whereas on DAT coursesaver there's fewer videos... and then there is chemistryprep.com which is chad's videos with paid subscription.... which would help me out more with studying for ochem and gchem for the DAT?

thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
While I can't speak to his chemistryprep videos, I am currently using his course saver videos and they are nice because they are designed for people taking the DAT, MCAT.... He only covers what is on those exams and nothing more. His chadsvideos are more or less what is on coursesaver but are combined instead of broken up into the shorter videos. When most people are talking about chad's videos they are talking about coursesaver. Hope this helps.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi, I'm using coursesaver for the videos, and even though I haven't been able to stick to a heavy study schedule, I have to say that Chad's videos on coursesaver are really helpful! If you haven't covered general chemistry or organic chemistry in a long time, they really help you learn and understand all of the topics. I'm currently getting an MPH so I took chemistry years ago, but these videos are making it possible to re-learn everything! Also, during his videos Chad helps by saying what may be asked on the DAT.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm really curious about this too. Has anyone taken both coursesaver and Chad's free videos that can let us know? For example, if anyone ran out of their coursesaver subscription and then went onto Chad's free site??? I think everyone agrees the coursesaver if the premium option, but are the free videos just not good enough?

I know applying to dental school is expensive, but I assume I might be spending around a grand just for the DAT and I'd like to save money where I can.

I have watched both of the genchem videos. I started studying last summer thinking that I was going to take it and life got in the way. The course saver is a little nicer, personal opinion, because the videos are broken up a little. The material was pretty much the same. Some of the examples were a little different but that is about it. Plus now with his quizzes on defeat the DAT I think that you might be able to move away from coursesaver. The one gripe that I do have for his free videos is that they are less designed for professional tests and a bit more design as a general chemistry review in my opinion.

Thank you so much! Not to bother you again, but what do you mean by less designed for professional tests? And do you think I can do just as successful on his free site?

The coursesaver videos are videos of a study session designed for preprofessional tests (MCAT, OAT, DAT...). His free ones maybe are too, but he seems to have designed the material to help students more so do better in general chemistry classes. I feel, I could be wrong, that he gives a few more hints on how to approach the material from a testing standpoint. That being said I think if you understand the material that he gives in the videos you will get just as much out of his free site, provided you use his other free site as well and do practice problems, as the coursesaver site.

That is like too I think his organic chemistry videos on his free site are more designed to help students in an ochem course and for the ACS exam and than for the preprofessional exams. Again if you understand that material though it shouldn't matter.

The coursesaver videos are videos of a study session designed for preprofessional tests (MCAT, OAT, DAT...). His free ones maybe are too, but he seems to have designed the material to help students more so do better in general chemistry classes. I feel, I could be wrong, that he gives a few more hints on how to approach the material from a testing standpoint. That being said I think if you understand the material that he gives in the videos you will get just as much out of his free site, provided you use his other free site as well and do practice problems, as the coursesaver site.

That is like too I think his organic chemistry videos on his free site are more designed to help students in an ochem course and for the ACS exam and than for the preprofessional exams. Again if you understand that material though it shouldn't matter.
I know this was a ling time ago now but what were your opinions on defeat the dat? Helpful? Was it enough to study from for gen and orgo?

I have watched both of the genchem videos. I started studying last summer thinking that I was going to take it and life got in the way. The course saver is a little nicer, personal opinion, because the videos are broken up a little. The material was pretty much the same. Some of the examples were a little different but that is about it. Plus now with his quizzes on defeat the DAT I think that you might be able to move away from coursesaver. The one gripe that I do have for his free videos is that they are less designed for professional tests and a bit more design as a general chemistry review in my opinion.
Hey man, I saw that you used the defeat the date site for studying. Just curious as to how the quizzes compared to the actual DAT?