George Mason University/Georgetown University G2 Postbacc 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreMedMe831

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! Just wondering if any of you are applying for the Fall of 2019 cycle! Let me know if anyone else is applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I am about to apply but worried a little about my stats

I am about to apply but worried a little about my stats
whats your stats like?! Yeah I'm worried about my stats too... I applied for GWU and UPitt last fall, and I got rejected from both, so I'm trying again this fall

Members don't see this ad :)
Ugh my transcripts didn't get in.. still waiting for the school to contact me. Congrats though!
Thank you! Hope those get in soon.

Has anyone attended an open house day or plan on attending one in the future? Thinking about it but flights are pretty pricey into the area.

Hi friends ! I just found this forum! I just applied today and would like to know if I still have a good shot at getting in :(! I was having some trouble with the website not submitting and they finally fixed it yesterday.
Also, is there an interview for this program ? :) Thank you all!

Hi friends ! I just found this forum! I just applied today and would like to know if I still have a good shot at getting in :(! I was having some trouble with the website not submitting and they finally fixed it yesterday.
Also, is there an interview for this program ? :) Thank you all!
no interview! you should be fine! they said they have 91 spots filled so far and they have a max capacity of allowing 100 into the program! There's still a shot!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Haven't heard back yet :(. Did you apply to GWU GCATS?

I did :( got denied in the beginning of January, and got accepted into the G2 program!
I'm sorry to hear! Congrats with the G^2!!! Do you think you're going to join the program? I'm scared about this program since I haven't heard back yet.

I just got in! :) @PreMedMe831 Will you consider joining the program? And did you decide to submit your deposit?

I am joining the program! and I just submitted my deposit this Friday! Will you be joining the program?
Yay! I am considering it, but I am waiting to hear back from some more schools :( ! I was added to the ABS2020 group, but my app online hasn't reflected the decision, how long did it take for you to have it updated?

What was the main reason you joined?

Yay! I am considering it, but I am waiting to hear back from some more schools :( ! I was added to the ABS2020 group, but my app online hasn't reflected the decision, how long did it take for you to have it updated?
What was the main reason you joined?
It updated within a couple of days!!! and I decided because of how fast, and how long it would be to get a degree. 9 months for a certificate at George mason and then if granted acceptance, 3 months for a masters at Georgetown, sounds absolutely crazy! 1 year tops and then you get a certificate, a degree and MCAT prep? A lot of the other programs were 2 year masters degree, or a 1 year post bacc certificate but no degree and I found that the G2 program just had a happy medium to both. I do admit, visiting the campus I was like wow... it is very isolated and "quiet" in comparison to other schools... but then I realized the main reason why I'm accepting the program was to focus and to do better and have no distractions which in my case is perfect for studying for the MCAT. It was scary for me at first to accept, coming all the way from California, but I realized it was the fastest most efficient way to get what I want in the end which was a degree in some type of science, MCAT prep, and the fastest way to achieve both!!

It updated within a couple of days!!! and I decided because of how fast, and how long it would be to get a degree. 9 months for a certificate at George mason and then if granted acceptance, 3 months for a masters at Georgetown, sounds absolutely crazy! 1 year tops and then you get a certificate, a degree and MCAT prep? A lot of the other programs were 2 year masters degree, or a 1 year post bacc certificate but no degree and I found that the G2 program just had a happy medium to both. I do admit, visiting the campus I was like wow... it is very isolated and "quiet" in comparison to other schools... but then I realized the main reason why I'm accepting the program was to focus and to do better and have no distractions which in my case is perfect for studying for the MCAT. It was scary for me at first to accept, coming all the way from California, but I realized it was the fastest most efficient way to get what I want in the end which was a degree in some type of science, MCAT prep, and the fastest way to achieve both!!

Thanks for your in-depth explanation. Yeah, that is a very great plus getting a masters in only 3 months! But, I am worried about the timeline of taking the MCAT and applying the next cycle :(. But hopefully I can make a decision asap!

Did anyone hear back recently ? Is the program full ?

Hi everyone! Thank you for the wonderful information that has been shared so far! Is anyone currently waiting to hear back from admissions??

I am joining the program! and I just submitted my deposit this Friday! Will you be joining the program?
Hey. I had a few questions regarding this program. If you don’t mind, can I message you?