You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
George Mason University/Georgetown University G2 Postbacc 2019-2020
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I am about to apply but worried a little about my stats
whats your stats like?! Yeah I'm worried about my stats too... I applied for GWU and UPitt last fall, and I got rejected from both, so I'm trying again this fallI am about to apply but worried a little about my stats
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone else applied?
Found out on Sunday that I got in!
Ugh my transcripts didn't get in.. still waiting for the school to contact me. Congrats though!Found out on Sunday that I got in!
Thank you! Hope those get in soon.Ugh my transcripts didn't get in.. still waiting for the school to contact me. Congrats though!
Has anyone attended an open house day or plan on attending one in the future? Thinking about it but flights are pretty pricey into the area.
hey how many weeks did it take for you to hear back?Found out on Sunday that I got in!
hey how many weeks did it take for you to hear back?
A little over a month. Submitted early January.
i got in!!!!
Hi friends ! I just found this forum! I just applied today and would like to know if I still have a good shot at getting in 🙁! I was having some trouble with the website not submitting and they finally fixed it yesterday.
Also, is there an interview for this program ? 🙂 Thank you all!
Also, is there an interview for this program ? 🙂 Thank you all!
no interview! you should be fine! they said they have 91 spots filled so far and they have a max capacity of allowing 100 into the program! There's still a shot!!Hi friends ! I just found this forum! I just applied today and would like to know if I still have a good shot at getting in 🙁! I was having some trouble with the website not submitting and they finally fixed it yesterday.
Also, is there an interview for this program ? 🙂 Thank you all!
Anyone else got in??
I did 🙁 got denied in the beginning of January, and got accepted into the G2 program!Haven't heard back yet 🙁. Did you apply to GWU GCATS?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm sorry to hear! Congrats with the G^2!!! Do you think you're going to join the program? I'm scared about this program since I haven't heard back yet.I did 🙁 got denied in the beginning of January, and got accepted into the G2 program!
I just got in! 🙂 @PreMedMe831 Will you consider joining the program? And did you decide to submit your deposit?
I am joining the program! and I just submitted my deposit this Friday! Will you be joining the program?
Yay! I am considering it, but I am waiting to hear back from some more schools 🙁 ! I was added to the ABS2020 group, but my app online hasn't reflected the decision, how long did it take for you to have it updated?I am joining the program! and I just submitted my deposit this Friday! Will you be joining the program?
What was the main reason you joined?
It updated within a couple of days!!! and I decided because of how fast, and how long it would be to get a degree. 9 months for a certificate at George mason and then if granted acceptance, 3 months for a masters at Georgetown, sounds absolutely crazy! 1 year tops and then you get a certificate, a degree and MCAT prep? A lot of the other programs were 2 year masters degree, or a 1 year post bacc certificate but no degree and I found that the G2 program just had a happy medium to both. I do admit, visiting the campus I was like wow... it is very isolated and "quiet" in comparison to other schools... but then I realized the main reason why I'm accepting the program was to focus and to do better and have no distractions which in my case is perfect for studying for the MCAT. It was scary for me at first to accept, coming all the way from California, but I realized it was the fastest most efficient way to get what I want in the end which was a degree in some type of science, MCAT prep, and the fastest way to achieve both!!Yay! I am considering it, but I am waiting to hear back from some more schools 🙁 ! I was added to the ABS2020 group, but my app online hasn't reflected the decision, how long did it take for you to have it updated?
What was the main reason you joined?
It updated within a couple of days!!! and I decided because of how fast, and how long it would be to get a degree. 9 months for a certificate at George mason and then if granted acceptance, 3 months for a masters at Georgetown, sounds absolutely crazy! 1 year tops and then you get a certificate, a degree and MCAT prep? A lot of the other programs were 2 year masters degree, or a 1 year post bacc certificate but no degree and I found that the G2 program just had a happy medium to both. I do admit, visiting the campus I was like wow... it is very isolated and "quiet" in comparison to other schools... but then I realized the main reason why I'm accepting the program was to focus and to do better and have no distractions which in my case is perfect for studying for the MCAT. It was scary for me at first to accept, coming all the way from California, but I realized it was the fastest most efficient way to get what I want in the end which was a degree in some type of science, MCAT prep, and the fastest way to achieve both!!
Thanks for your in-depth explanation. Yeah, that is a very great plus getting a masters in only 3 months! But, I am worried about the timeline of taking the MCAT and applying the next cycle 🙁. But hopefully I can make a decision asap!
Hello all ! Is anyone still waiting to hear back ?
nly007
New Member
Yup, I'm still waiting to hear back. When did you submit your app?Hello all ! Is anyone still waiting to hear back ?
About three weeks ago, you ?Yup, I'm still waiting to hear back. When did you submit your app?
nly007
New Member
I submitted mine about 2 weeks agoAbout three weeks ago, you ?
I hope we will hear back soon !I submitted mine about 2 weeks ago
I got good news today !I submitted mine about 2 weeks ago
nly007
New Member
Ah thats great to hear!! Would you mind sharing your stats?I got good news today !
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey. I had a few questions regarding this program. If you don’t mind, can I message you?I am joining the program! and I just submitted my deposit this Friday! Will you be joining the program?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 676