Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a reapplicant and this is my second year getting waitlisted but not at GW (last year at MCW). I think GW is a great fit for me and being waitlisted here is good and bad. Good because I felt a sense of hope after reading Diane's waitlist letter. It's only bad when I stress about it or build up an expectation only to be humbled when another week passes and still no word. Anyone else feel this rollercoaster effect? I must admit that there is a certain point where you start to think that the end result is out of your hands. Me personally, I just want to start my career and work towards being as good a doctor as I can be. I have wanted this without question for years now. Another year passes and I have not even started yet. Much love for GW but Darn those waitlists!
I am definately feeling waves of emotion throughout this tedious waiting process. The waitlist letter was so encouraging, but then I was reminded that everyone gets the same letter.
So I called them the other day about something other than the waitlist, and got a different counselor this time. I asked about potential movement and this counselor told me that they don't know if there will be any further movement at all. 🙁 I guess we'll just wait and see...


