Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Holds are not soft R…George Washington throwing applications into the Soft R or R pile rip. Hopefully, we survive this massacre
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Holds are not soft R…George Washington throwing applications into the Soft R or R pile rip. Hopefully, we survive this massacre
The page is still open, so I assumed so. I am hold rn for either an interview or rejection (manifest the former for me besties), and I mentioned ISCOPES in my app. Hope this was helpful <3Hi, does anyone know if the ISCOPES service-learning program is still active at GW?
Do you have on hold stats? How many applications go On Hold and from that how many are interviewed and how many are rejected?Going on hold at George Washington is very common and you can be selected from that hold pool for an interview at any time.
Based on previous years threads, yes. Holds at GW seem to be much different than other programs.Has anyone here gotten an II after being put on hold?
Sorry I meant has anyone who got a hold this cycle already been taken off hold and received an II yetBased on previous years threads, yes. Holds at GW seem to be much different than other programs.
Oops, lol my bad. I’m not sure. Hopefully someone does!Sorry I meant has anyone who got a hold this cycle already been taken off hold and received an II yet
No worries! I appreciate the positivity ☺️Oops, lol my bad. I’m not sure. Hopefully someone does!
Yes this school does take update letters, either have something new to tell them about, or just write to say what you would like to get involved with at their school. About once every 4-6 weeks is enoughdo they accept letters of continued interest while on hold, or is that mainly for waitlist? like would updates be mainly activity related?
lol technically OOS but GW def has a bit of a preference for DMV folk+IS II on 9/12
(is maryland considered in state? I suppose it is...)
had no prior communication for anything about a hold, just saw in email in inbox last evening
Good news for you. Submitted before no hold. My hold took until December I think before the R. It means they’ll look at you again.+1 OOS Hold, seen 9/14. Submitted 8/25. LM 72.
How many times are you guys going to ask this question?Are we sure the holds here are actual holds? It seems based off of last years posts, most of the holds turned into rejections and most that didn’t receive a hold got an ii. As someone with a hold rn, I’m scared 🙁
For real people don’t trust what you said and what others say previously. Almost everyone interviewed after November was on hold.How many times are you guys going to ask this question?
Most get put on hold for weeks or months and then selected for interview, or not.
Hold is not rejection
So many questions like "What does a hold mean?????? AM I R?" I think people should just shush and go with the flow without the anxiety. There is nothing they can do with the hold.For real people don’t trust what you said and what others say previously. Almost everyone interviewed after November was on hold.
Also correct but it’s not worth freaking out assumung it’s an Rlmao do people ignore that GW gets like 15k apps and most seem to be put on hold. sorry to burst everyone’s bubble but of course most holds are going to turn into Rs 😅 all we can do is wait and see lol
Nice. When were you complete?+IS II (MD)
Is being receptive to update letters a GW specific thing? Or is it also recommended I send to other who schools who also take update letters or something similar?Yes this school does take update letters, either have something new to tell them about, or just write to say what you would like to get involved with at their school. About once every 4-6 weeks is enough
Look at each school to see, GW, Georgetown, and Mayo are 3 that really encourage themIs being receptive to update letters a GW specific thing? Or is it also recommended I send to other who schools who also take update letters or something similar?
Thoughts on an update if I don’t have much to say beyond maybe a couple more shadowing hours and just stating I am still interested for xyz reasons not already stated in my secondary?Look at each school to see, GW, Georgetown, and Mayo are 3 that really encourage them
No, that’s not going to move the needleThoughts on an update if I don’t have much to say beyond maybe a couple more shadowing hours and just stating I am still interested for xyz reasons not already stated in my secondary?
you would think but I know a school that asks you to update monthly even if you dont do anything significant so I was curious if it was the case here.No, that’s not going to move the needle
Nah you’re right, but you should be trying to continue building up your application until you get the A. Even for schools asking for these monthly updates you should have more than a couple shadowing hours.you would think but I know a school that asks you to update monthly even if you dont do anything significant so I was curious if it was the case here.
Haha well when you work full time there isn’t much you can do beyond the normal day to day in a month besides a couple shadowing hours.Nah you’re right, but you should be trying to continue building up your application until you get the A. Even for schools asking for these monthly updates you should have more than a couple shadowing hours.
So you aren’t publishing and volunteering in 5 orgs while working full time? SmhHaha well when you work full time there isn’t much you can do beyond the normal day to day in a month besides a couple shadowing hours.
I work full time but still add ~20 service hours a month…Haha well when you work full time there isn’t much you can do beyond the normal day to day in a month besides a couple shadowing hours.
Great for you! Unfortunately my work schedule is inconsistent (some weekends) and I commute a couple hours each way and most volunteering organizations by me (rural area so not many) require a commitment of x amount of shifts per month. I don’t think it’ll be an issue and hopefully one of the schools I interviewed at understands that. Who knows thoughI work full time but still add ~20 service hours a month…
You don’t need to explain yourself and sorry it came off as that. I just know a lot of people in their gap years that rest on their laurels because they work full time which can come back to bite them, but obviously you don’t fall into that group.Great for you! Unfortunately my work schedule is inconsistent (some weekends) and I commute a couple hours each way and most volunteering organizations by me (rural area so not many) require a commitment of x amount of shifts per month. I don’t think it’ll be an issue and hopefully one of the schools I interviewed at understands that. Who knows though
They re-review each meeting by scoring each app and comparing. Send a update whenever you feel it would best help you but try before November.Does anyone know how the holds are re-reviewed? Are all the hold reviews done at once at a later date, or are they constantly reviewing them alongside new apps not placed on hold? I ask because I'm curious as to the best time to send in an update letter, don't want to send it too late when they already re-reviewed my app, but also don't want to send one too early before I have all my big updates.
Did they email you about the hold?+1 OOS Hold
Complete 9/6
No they don’tDid they email you about the hold?
what about people who grew up in the DMV but now live elsewhere on the east coast?lol technically OOS but GW def has a bit of a preference for DMV folk
I’m an M1 here and about 35-40% of my class is from this area
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.