-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 George Washington
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
permasenior
Full Member
I am, complete 7/21Is anyone else still on hold for re-review at a later date and without a rejection?
planaria_luvr
Full Member
Same here. Submitted secondary 7/28I am, complete 7/21
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pinkbowbunny
Full Member
+1 OOS WL
nontradpremed456
New Member
+1 OOS pre-II R, after hold
anklelocktheworld
Full Member
+1 OOS pre-II R
dogandcupcakelover
Full Member
is anyone still on hold?
wannabedoctor0129
Full Member
me lolis anyone still on hold?
astillbe907
Full Member
sameme lol
valleyforge1
New Member
+1 OOS A!
Interviewed 10/22
Interviewed 10/22
there’s usually a lot of waitlist movement I’m an M1 and it seems like most of my class is from the waitlist actually
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MyrtleSouthbee
Full Member
Thank you for the info. Considering your current class, what do you think GW valuesthe most in its candidates when it sends an II or an A: specific majors, specific work experiences, stats, skills, profiles ...? what helps the most in your app for GW?there’s usually a lot of waitlist movement I’m an M1 and it seems like most of my class is from the waitlist actually
Any advice for GW's interview?
Any advice for GW's interview?
also wondering the same. just received an II
JohnHelldiver
Full Member
John Helldiver reporting in here.
As an confirmed acceptance from November 2025, the interview is a fairly simple 30 minute 1 to 1 with a faculty member.
As a checklist:
- this faculty could be anyone (I talked with the chief of department...serious business)
- You start off with the usual bout of of standard issue questions. Who you are, why medicine, etc.
- if you've done research, know it and be able to talk about it. You will be grilled to make sure your experience there is genuine and that you weren't just in it for the middle author publication.
- That goes for experiences too. Know your stories and be able to compound upon them, cite specific examples of positive things like teamwork, diligence, etc.
As an confirmed acceptance from November 2025, the interview is a fairly simple 30 minute 1 to 1 with a faculty member.
As a checklist:
- this faculty could be anyone (I talked with the chief of department...serious business)
- You start off with the usual bout of of standard issue questions. Who you are, why medicine, etc.
- if you've done research, know it and be able to talk about it. You will be grilled to make sure your experience there is genuine and that you weren't just in it for the middle author publication.
- That goes for experiences too. Know your stories and be able to compound upon them, cite specific examples of positive things like teamwork, diligence, etc.
acaiwithnutella
Full Member
About how long from your interview to decision?
JohnHelldiver
Full Member
Freedom's Greetings,About how long from your interview to decision?
I was informed of a range from 4-8 weeks, I believe it took me personally 6 weeks.
Just interviewed today. Anybody knows if the interviewee visit day is worth attending? Received an invitation on Feb 27 and they said it's the last one. The email says not attending will not harm my application but don't know if anybody has other insight?
I’m a current student but I enjoyed the visit days I attended last year and have helped out with all of them this cycle. It’s pretty much just an opportunity to learn more about the school (since the interview doesn’t really include much of that) and see it in-person. If you’re from the area or it’s convenient for you to get here then I’d say to attend but it’s entirely up to you.Just interviewed today. Anybody knows if the interviewee visit day is worth attending? Received an invitation on Feb 27 and they said it's the last one. The email says not attending will not harm my application but don't know if anybody has other insight?
Thank you for your insight! Can I ask approximately how many people are there on an interviewee visit day and should I wear a suit or at least business casual to attend? Or is it more like a casual campus tour?I’m a current student but I enjoyed the visit days I attended last year and have helped out with all of them this cycle. It’s pretty much just an opportunity to learn more about the school (since the interview doesn’t really include much of that) and see it in-person. If you’re from the area or it’s convenient for you to get here then I’d say to attend but it’s entirely up to you.
you’ll get another email with the attire which is business casual and the number of people definitely varies like the one I attended last cycle had around 40 but one of the ones I helped out with back in october had around 60Thank you for your insight! Can I ask approximately how many people are there on an interviewee visit day and should I wear a suit or at least business casual to attend? Or is it more like a casual campus tour?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lebronjames.
Full Member
Has anyone gotten information on financial aid yet
when did you interview?+1 alternate list, will be withdrawing
omnitrix10
Full Member
anybody have any idea when financial aid is coming out
there’s no way to tell your chances really but a large number of people do get off the alternate list and many of my classmates are from itDoes anyone know the chances of getting off the alternate list? And does this usually happen after may 1st or sometimes earlier?
a lot of the movement happens after May 1 as you said but I have also heard of many people hearing back earlier than that
personally I was accepted in early June
correction - today’s tour had around 90 peopleyou’ll get another email with the attire which is business casual and the number of people definitely varies like the one I attended last cycle had around 40 but one of the ones I helped out with back in october had around 60
y’all really showed out, it was so fun meeting all of you!
divadown123
New Member
I’m currently on the alternate list and was planning to send a LOI. Based on the alternate list FAQ and what I’ve seen on past SDN threads, it sounds like they email everyone on the alternate list in late February to request an update/confirm interest. I haven’t received any email like that yet, so I’ve been holding off on sending my LOI, has anyone else that's on the alternate list?
everyone was so nice! i hope to get off the alternate list 😭 live close to the area.correction - today’s tour had around 90 people
y’all really showed out, it was so fun meeting all of you!
Love the community
Anyone know if there’s a big difference between sending LOI vs strong interest letter for GW specifically? I would really love to go to this school but also sent another LOI (school with much lower WL acceptance rate) as I didn’t expect to get another II in Jan. Probably would be close to the same level as letter of intent just wouldn’t be able to send another one.
RodentLover
New Member
Also asking if anyone has any clues for financial aid? Any current students? Financial aid will determine whether I choose this school or give a spot to a WL sooooo
"The Committee on Admissions is pleased to inform you that you have been selected as an alternate for the first year class of the program leading to the Doctor of Medicine degree. A final decision has yet to be made regarding an acceptance." Just want to double check if it means its an alternate list since I haven't received any emails. Anybody knows the chance of acceptance? I can't wait till May so if the best shot I have is in May or June I might as well withdraw
Yes, that means you are on the alternate list."The Committee on Admissions is pleased to inform you that you have been selected as an alternate for the first year class of the program leading to the Doctor of Medicine degree. A final decision has yet to be made regarding an acceptance." Just want to double check if it means its an alternate list since I haven't received any emails. Anybody knows the chance of acceptance? I can't wait till May so if the best shot I have is in May or June I might as well withdraw
You could be waiting until May for an acceptance, yes.
Why withdraw if you like this school?
blearybear
Full Member
Is anyone else ghosted by GW still?
I thought they ghosted me after my 1/29 interview because I didn't receive an email about their decision but when I went on my portal it said alternate list. Have you checked your portal?Is anyone else ghosted by GW still?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
blearybear
Full Member
I haven't gotten an interview but also haven't gotten rejected so I'm confused... my portal just says that my application will be reviewed at a later dateI thought they ghosted me after my 1/29 interview because I didn't receive an email about their decision but when I went on my portal it said alternate list. Have you checked your portal?
Oh gotcha, I feel your pain I have been ghosted by other schools hope you hear soon.I haven't gotten an interview but also haven't gotten rejected so I'm confused... my portal just says that my application will be reviewed at a later date
interviewed 2.12, alternate list, no email yet but check ur portallate jan / feb interviewees, think we'll hear back next week?