2025-2026 George Washington

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
what about people who grew up in the DMV but now live elsewhere on the east coast?
Schools like GW get a ton of applicants and have to protect their yield. If you have a connection to the area, you are likelier to attend if accepted, and they know this fact.

Data (entering class of 2024)
IS: 42 IIs, 69 verified applications
OOS: 609 IIs, 15539 verified applications
 
Schools like GW get a ton of applicants and have to protect their yield. If you have a connection to the area, you are likelier to attend if accepted, and they know this fact.

Data (entering class of 2024)
IS: 42 IIs, 69 verified applications
OOS: 609 IIs, 15539 verified applications
hell yea thanks pal
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have advice on submitting updates to schools that allow them? I recently had papers published where i was an author (never have before) and I want to update them but unsure how to format. Should i just submit a pdf of the paper(s) or a pdf type up saying that i submitted with a link?
 
Hi guys! Does anyone know where to send a thank you note post-interview? In the portal? To the interview email? The other schools I have interviewed at gave me specific places to submit a thank you letter, but GW didn't mention it so I'm a bit lost. Thanks and good luck to everyone on the cycle!
 
Hi guys! Does anyone know where to send a thank you note post-interview? In the portal? To the interview email? The other schools I have interviewed at gave me specific places to submit a thank you letter, but GW didn't mention it so I'm a bit lost. Thanks and good luck to everyone on the cycle!
I asked during my interview and my interviewer said to submit it to the portal!
 
+1 OOS pre-II Hold. Submitted 8/25, absolute radio silence via email, just checked my portal today and saw the message. Good luck to everyone else on hold!
 
+1 OOS II
What is the typical turnaround between the interview and the admissions decision?
After my interview my portal changed to say "The Committee on Admissions carefully and judiciously reviews files, which does take some time, often up to 8 weeks. We humbly appreciate your patience during this process and will be in contact with you once a decision is made." so it sounds like within 8 wks after your interview.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you need to pay a deposit after being accepted? I didnt see anything other than the signed form to upload to the portal

Also, why doesn't GW publish the match results? I think its an important thing to consider when choosing a med school
 
Last edited:
Do you need to pay a deposit after being accepted? I didnt see anything other than the signed form to upload to the portal

Also, why doesn't GW publish the match results? I think its an important thing to consider when choosing a med school
They do. They even list each med student by name on a dashboard. Its among the best systems I have seen: Match Day
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad