You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 George Washington
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yes there are people who submitted around then who got rejected.did anyone who submitted secondary around 9/23 get rejected?
This is the wave that got me after I was put on hold last year. Looks like I am okay so far.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 Pre II rejection after being put on hold
Are y'all getting emails or notifications in portals?
Jörmungamblr
Full Member
Are y'all getting emails or notifications in portals?
+1 OOS pre-II R
happyplace333
Full Member
submit date?+1 OOS pre-II R
submit date?
8/1
TheRagingNeuron123
Full Member
OOS pre ii R complete 8/12
StayPositive23
Full Member
+1 OOS pre-II rejection 🙁
Is it worth sending a pre-II letter of interest if I was placed on hold? Seems like I survived the rejection wave on Friday...
They are pretty open to update letters, plan something to say that you haven't said already in your apps and keep it shortIs it worth sending a pre-II letter of interest if I was placed on hold? Seems like I survived the rejection wave on Friday...
JPace24
Healthcare Finance Bro by Day, Applicant by Night.
Was going to ask something similar. Thank you, Wysdoc!They are pretty open to update letters, plan something to say that you haven't said already in your apps and keep it short
manifestingmdacceptance
Full Member
+1 OOS Pre-II R after being put on hold in September
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
rettygologama
Full Member
did anyone who submitted secondary between 10/3-10/6 get rejected?
Logicyoung
Full Member
Has anyone with a pre-II hold receive an interview?
fluppy
Full Member
From previous cycles it seems they give ii’s to those on hold around December.Has anyone with a pre-II hold receive an interview?
D
deleted1211092
Hope so!From previous cycles it seems they give ii’s to those on hold around December.
Beastmode5556
Full Member
Wait so nobody that has been on hold has gotten an ii yet?? 🙃Hope so!
Based on what I recall last year. Most folks are put on hold at some point and then each month they send a few more II and reject more. Some folks will be on hold into the new year and might finally get an R or II
dogandcupcakelover
Full Member
One of my friends was put on hold and then got an interview at the end of October!
utexasmedicineman
Full Member
OOS (TX) Pre-II R
churrochurro
New Member
I was on hold from early Sep and got an II 10/3. LM 76Has anyone with a pre-II hold receive an interview?
pemingtons
Full Member
I just checked my portal to this message:
Your application to The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences is complete and has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee. To date, no final decision has been made and the Admissions Committee has placed your application on hold for re-review at a later date. Files are re-reviewed by the committee periodically and there is no set schedule for decisions. We do interview from August through March. Please feel free to update your file during this time using the GW Admissions Portal. If we require any further documentation or if your status changes, we will contact you immediately. We do sincerely appreciate your interest in our program. Thank you for your patience.
I never got an email. Do they usually email for holds?
Your application to The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences is complete and has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee. To date, no final decision has been made and the Admissions Committee has placed your application on hold for re-review at a later date. Files are re-reviewed by the committee periodically and there is no set schedule for decisions. We do interview from August through March. Please feel free to update your file during this time using the GW Admissions Portal. If we require any further documentation or if your status changes, we will contact you immediately. We do sincerely appreciate your interest in our program. Thank you for your patience.
I never got an email. Do they usually email for holds?
curiousblizzard
Full Member
No they don’t usually email, I noticed this on my portal months ago without email as wellI just checked my portal to this message:
Your application to The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences is complete and has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee. To date, no final decision has been made and the Admissions Committee has placed your application on hold for re-review at a later date. Files are re-reviewed by the committee periodically and there is no set schedule for decisions. We do interview from August through March. Please feel free to update your file during this time using the GW Admissions Portal. If we require any further documentation or if your status changes, we will contact you immediately. We do sincerely appreciate your interest in our program. Thank you for your patience.
I never got an email. Do they usually email for holds?
It's been over 8 weeks since I've interviewed, I wonder what the holdup is
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
meowsentry
Full Member
+ IS A
It's been over 8 weeks since I've interviewed, I wonder what the holdup is
+1 OOS A, lets goo
JPace24
Healthcare Finance Bro by Day, Applicant by Night.
appreciate you bro, congrats to you as well man!DUUUUUDE you got it IN THE BAG!
![]()
JohnHelldiver
Full Member
SWEET LIBER-TEA
+1 IS A
+1 IS A
R wave
Snazzy_iceberg
Full Member
pre ii R
chillstill
Full Member
Pre ii R
pemingtons
Full Member
Pre II R after being on hold
pelbelmelsel
Full Member
Pre II R after being on hold
curiousblizzard
Full Member
Same hahahapre ii R 🙁 the fonts being different in each paragraph made me laugh though
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thedoomed12
Full Member
Pre-II R
D
deleted1211092
Pre-II R after being put on hold in September 😢
threadsign
Full Member
+1 OOS pre-II R