George Washington--if you interviewed there please post!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

s2417

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I had a regional interview for GW so I wanted to get some information about the school from people who interview on campus. What did you think of the school (besides cost)? Any info on how well they do on residency matches (I can't find the stats and list online), average USMLE scores, diversity, how culturally sensitive they are, facilities (this is the only "negative" thing I hear about...that the classrooms are a bit outdated, etc.)...Are they building new facilities, etc. If you can compare GW with other med schools, please post...this may help. I plan on visiting the school if I get accepted. Thanks a bunch!!

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed at GW at few weeks ago. I have to say, I was not impressed. First, the classrooms/labs are more than just outdated--they are 70's style and ugly. Next, they are building a new hospital which is great but it is not finished and it is smaller than the old one. Also, the price tag is obnoxious and I think the budget for next year is like $51k!! Where is that money going?
Anywho, definitely go check it out before you commit. DC itself has a really cool vibe, but I don't know if it is cool enough to go there if you have other choices.
I got into BU and the price is similar so I'll probably go there if I don't get off the waitlist somewhere else.
Good luck!