George Washington School of meds?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ocean11

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
QUESTION... yeah yeah I know havn't sent out the secondary yet... question... what do they mean by "what specific factors would be imp to decide an offer of admission?"

?!?!?!?!? I'M LOST

Members don't see this ad.

I just wrote that it was my top choice thats it

Members don't see this ad :)
you should state the reasons why they are your top choice.

but the reasons are all the same?

what are your reasons for applying to your schools?

anyone can/will say a particular school is there top choice, however, it's pretty meaningless to schools if you don't state the reasons why you would attend their school over another school.
keep in mind that schools have NO reason to interview applicants that are not going to attend their school b/c it's a waste of time and resources.

research their website to find factors that would be important to you when looking towards a medical education, such as clinical training, research opportunities, curriculum, etc.

Originally posted by ocean11
but the reasons are all the same?

what are your reasons for applying to your schools?

Ultimately, the reasons for applying to a bunch of schools is all the same..."we want to get into a medical school."...true.

However, each school has certain qualities that make it more appealing to a candidate. For example...I'm interested in international medicine therefore GWU would be a great place for me since its in the heart of Washington, DC which is a hub for the US's international relations. The WHO is right around the corner from GWU. etc. etc. etc.

GWU is incredibly proud of their clinical training and their brand new paperless hospital. You could mention those things if they are draws for you.

How does a paperless hospital work?

All patient charts, lab work, EEGs, echos, etc. are on computer. It's a pretty amazing system. I can't imagine the kind of backups they must have.

Originally posted by mashce
How does a paperless hospital work?

Most(if not all) hospitals being built these days are paperless. UCLA's new hospital will be paperless as well. Pretty spiffy stuff. Computers and PDAs everywhere. :D :clap:

From what I hear from students and physicians it really saves a lot of time filling out paperwork. Saves a couple hours since retrieving and inputting info on a computer is much easier than working with a hardcopy.