George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Arb

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Finally received the secondary after a MONTH! What are my chances now (based on date of completion only)?

Members don't see this ad.

I was complete in September and still haven't heard anything--rejection OR interview...

For what its worth.

yep nothing from them either. ive been complete since early sept...its been about 2 months. anyone get anything from them?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got the email reminder about my secondary.

NubianPrincess said:
I just got the email reminder about my secondary.

me too! guess they really want that $100 from each of us. :cool:

I've been complete since 8/26. I asked about my file and they just sent me a generic email about how the review process can take a while. I'm going to be in DC next week, and flying there from Cali isn't cheap. If only they gave me an interview.

In DC....are you with the CIA and we just don't know it??? :laugh:

I've been complete since Sep and just received the little green post card a week ago.

Uegis said:
I've been complete since 8/26. I asked about my file and they just sent me a generic email about how the review process can take a while. I'm going to be in DC next week, and flying there from Cali isn't cheap. If only they gave me an interview.

If you book a flight on Southwest from Oakland to BWI at least a month in advance, you should be able to fly round trip for under $250. JetBlue also has some great Crosscountry flights from time to time, and they can fly you into DC itself, not just Baltimore. Happy hunting!

The email says that they don't screen so why are people just now getting secondaries?

MeMyselfI said:
The email says that they don't screen so why are people just now getting secondaries?
Doesn't make sense. I received my secondary before my AMCAS application was even released.

Any suggestions why George Washington is a good school (for the secondary).

I've been complete since the end of July and haven't heard a word from them.

DrYo12 said:
In DC....are you with the CIA and we just don't know it??? :laugh:

Oh no, not CIA. I'm in the secret service. its my weekend job :cool: Need to make money to pay for apps and airfare :D

Haha, no, i'm interviewing at Georgetown in a week or so. Yea, Jetblue is pretty good, 248 roudn trip from Oakland to Dulles.

I interviewed at GW about a week ago; you're right, they took forever to tell me that my application was complete, but after that, I heard about my interview pretty quick, maybe around 3 or so weeks? I was very impressed by GW and the students I met. For the person who was looking for something to write about "why GW?" you could write about their early patient contact in practice of medicine course, the standardized patients, the clincal skills ceter, and so on--it's all explained on the website, and GW seems to really pride itself in this area.

"Any suggestions why George Washington is a good school (for the secondary)."

I dont think u guys have to worry...when I went there to interview it seemed that they were gonna interview masses of people this year and November is far from over for them.

Anyways good things about GW is they have a really high tech campus (esp their histo lab.) They also give a lot of opportunities if you want to be politically active. Even though you're gonna be studying medicine just Being in D.C., they said you'll have a chance to see foreign diplomats, state politicans etc. Integrative curriculum doin some clinical experiences even into your 1st year with some state of the art patient exam rooms. Supposedly Georgetown students come over to use their facilites. :eek: .Yea..so other than just having to overcome the astronomical tuition, it's not a bad school at all. Its just a coupla blocks away from the monuments and white house and their metro system can get u to any of the surrounding areas pretty easily.

i'll repeat here what i said in one of the other threads-
i completed my secondary september sometime (cant remember when) and got the "your application is complete" postcard 1-2 weeks later
then last week sometime i got another postcard that said basically the same thing, your app is under review, and then two days after that i got an interview there for mid-december! so i can't comment on the way they send secondaries or postcards out, but they are interviewing, and it could happen anytime...